Windows 10: Ctrl+Shift+1 changed to Ctrl+Alt+1 in Windows explorer to change view layout

Discus and support Ctrl+Shift+1 changed to Ctrl+Alt+1 in Windows explorer to change view layout in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I commonly use Ctrl+Shift+1 or 2 or 3 etc to change the windows explorer view layout. Recently, I discovered that the keyboard shortcut no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RyanFang, Jun 7, 2020.

1. RyanFang Win User

Ctrl+Shift+1 changed to Ctrl+Alt+1 in Windows explorer to change view layout

I commonly use Ctrl+Shift+1 or 2 or 3 etc to change the windows explorer view layout. Recently, I discovered that the keyboard shortcut no longer worked, and after some experimentation, you have to press Alt instead of Shift now. I don't know why this occurred.

I am using a Surface Book 3, Windows 10 1909. I recently installed software incluing:

CPUID CPU-Z

CPUID HW Monitor

CPUID PowerMax

Prime95

HWiNFO64

AIDA64 uninstalled

I'm not sure if these programs affected it.

I don't know if this is a bug or if microsoft secretly changed the keyboard shortcut. Please help!

:)

RyanFang, Jun 7, 2020
  2. jonmcc33 Win User

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink Ctrl+Shift+1 changed to Ctrl+Alt+1 in Windows explorer to change view layout ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jun 7, 2020
  4. BaldRicky Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+'n' stopped working

Hi

The extremely useful shortcuts (Ctrl+Shift+'n') within File Explorer has suddenly stopped working.

There was an automatic Windows update a few days ago and I believe the last time I used the shortcuts was before this update. These shortcuts worked as follows...

Ctrl+Shift+1 Change View to Extra Large Icons

Ctrl+Shift+2 Change View to Large Icons

Ctrl+Shift+3 Change View to Medium Icons

Ctrl+Shift+4 Change View to Small Icons

Ctrl+Shift+5 Change View to List View

Ctrl+Shift+6 Change View to Details View

Elsewhere I have seen a couple of other Windows 10 users reporting the same issue but I have not yet tracked down a fix.

As far as I can tell all of my other keyboard shortcuts are working.

I am on a 9 month old Dell Inspiron 17 5770 Laptop.

Is there a setting I can apply to get the shortcuts back please?

Thanks in advance

Rick

BaldRicky, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Ctrl+Shift+1 changed to Ctrl+Alt+1 in Windows explorer to change view layout - Similar Threads - Ctrl+Shift+1 changed Ctrl+Alt+1

2. Ctrl + Shift + V Format Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + Shift + V Format Change: Since today, the format for Ctrl + Shift + V has changed and it is not the sort of thing I like!It used to just copy the previously copied text immediately, but now you have to select what you want to past.See attached screenshot image.Don't know if someone can help, get it...
  3. Ctrl + Shift + V Format Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl + Shift + V Format Change: Since today, the format for Ctrl + Shift + V has changed and it is not the sort of thing I like!It used to just copy the previously copied text immediately, but now you have to select what you want to past.See attached screenshot image.Don't know if someone can help, get it...
  4. Why the hell was SHIFT+ALT replaced by CTRL+SHIFT to change keyboard layouts with the last...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the hell was SHIFT+ALT replaced by CTRL+SHIFT to change keyboard layouts with the last...: Hi,I use CTRL+SHIFT all the time in my work at home or for my job. this is way too common as a shortcut to use it to switch kbd layout.So, since I installed a variant for my keyboard to switch from azerty to querty, I keep correcting EVERYTHING I TYPE. it even took me a...
  5. Why the hell was SHIFT+ALT replaced by CTRL+SHIFT to change keyboard layouts with the last...

Why the hell was SHIFT+ALT replaced by CTRL+SHIFT to change keyboard layouts with the last...: Hi,I use CTRL+SHIFT all the time in my work at home or for my job. this is way too common as a shortcut to use it to switch kbd layout.So, since I installed a variant for my keyboard to switch from azerty to querty, I keep correcting EVERYTHING I TYPE. it even took me a...
  6. Ctrl+Shift+1 to 8 Doesn't work in Windows File Explorer Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Shift+1 to 8 Doesn't work in Windows File Explorer Windows 11: Hello, Since the latest update,The function "Ctrl+Shift+1 to 8" Doesn't work in Windows File Explorer these are the keyboard shortcuts for the view options in Windows File Explorer.Any clue?Any solution other than Reinstall Windows would be appreciated.Thank you!...
  7. Ctrl+Shift+1 to 8 Doesn't work in Windows File Explorer Windows 11

Ctrl+Shift+1 to 8 Doesn't work in Windows File Explorer Windows 11: Hello, Since the latest update,The function "Ctrl+Shift+1 to 8" Doesn't work in Windows File Explorer these are the keyboard shortcuts for the view options in Windows File Explorer.Any clue?Any solution other than Reinstall Windows would be appreciated.Thank you!...
  8. "Alt +Shift + Ctrl + F" and "Alt +Shift + Ctrl + R" do not work in latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Alt +Shift + Ctrl + F" and "Alt +Shift + Ctrl + R" do not work in latest update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hn093h/alt_shift_ctrl_f_and_alt_shift_ctrl_r_do_not_work/
  9. Disable ctrl+scroll layout change in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable ctrl+scroll layout change in file explorer: Hey, I want to disable the keyboard+mouse shortcut that changes the folder layout when you accidentally scroll when clicking ctrl at the same time. It's super annoying that the folder layout jumps around and changes when selecting/de-selecting multiple files. Tried...
  10. Ctrl+alt+del settings changed?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ctrl+alt+del settings changed?: Today I went to use my laptop and when I was finished I went to shut down my laptop. Well for some reason when I clicked ctrl alt del, the only option that it was giving me was to lock my computer and nothing else, no sign out or shut down. I didn't alter any settings and...