Windows 10: CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys don't work

Discus and support CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys don't work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So for a while now my CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys have not been working and i have no idea why. I've looked for solutions on a lot of different forums... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AmeliaELA, Jul 11, 2018.

1. AmeliaELA Win User

CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys don't work

So for a while now my CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys have not been working and i have no idea why.

I've looked for solutions on a lot of different forums but all the suggestions are the same.

I don't have sticky keys, the keyboard drivers are up to date and I only have one language and region set up.

I have tried everything but I have no idea why it doesn't work. I've been using the on screen keyboard because of this.

I have an HP Elitebook 6930p.

:)

AmeliaELA, Jul 11, 2018

2. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jul 11, 2018
  3. jonmcc33 Win User
    Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink CTRL  SHIFT ALT fn esc keys don't work ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Jul 11, 2018
  4. CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys don't work

Ctrl-Esc... Minimize Gaming Window - Win7

ctrl+esc = Win/meta/super

it's been around forever. back then my keyboard doesn't even have a Win key.

there's also alt+esc, it's like alt+tab, but without the box switch, jumps directly to windows.

pr0n Inspector, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys don't work

1. CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys don't work - Similar Threads - CTRL SHIFT ALT

2. Windows 10 1903 broke Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 broke Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F: It would appear after 1903 upgrade, Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F hotkey in one of my applications has broken. Using Spy++, it appears to be File Explorer that is taking over this hotkey. Is there a way to disable this?...
  3. Fn key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fn key not working: Hi, My Fn key randomly stops working, sometimes it doesn't work on start-up. I have a dell g5 5590. Tried fixes: - Reinstalling HID keyboard drivers. - trying Windows mobility center, the option is absent. - Activating, reactivating through bios. - reinstalling...
  4. CTRL, FN, and On Keyboard volume keyes not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL, FN, and On Keyboard volume keyes not working.: My on keyboard volume keys are F1-F3. Generally to activate F1-F3 I need to press Fn, and otherwise, it works as volume. How did these get switched and how do I fix and prevent this in the future. Another thing is, the CTRL button isn't working. I can use it to copy and...
  5. Fn keys not working

Fn keys not working: I recently installed the Win 10 Oct 18 update. I went to project my screen and my fn keys won't work anymore. How can I get the old keyboard drivers back so I have my fn keys...
  6. (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.: As said in the title, some Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations don't work in my system (kind of, actually). In Notepad++, the 'Save All' keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+S) doesn't work. In Visual Studio 2017, the 'Open Project/Solution...' (Ctrl+Shift+O) doesn't work either, the...
  7. Fn keys not working

Fn keys not working: Im using sony vaio pc I had upgraded it from win7 to win10 and now my fn keys are not working except those volume functions none of them are working. I NEED HELP VERY BADLY...
  8. Ctrl Alt Delete not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl Alt Delete not working: My Win10 HP laptop freezes often and when attempts are made to use Ctrl Alt Delete it no longer works-period- .. All I can do is power off .. there is no workaround so far that I have found. PLEASE HELP!...
  9. FN key not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FN key not working: Hello, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E531, With Windows 10 Pro,and when i click my wireless connection switch keys,Fn and f8,instead of turning my wireless connection on it makes this menu pop up on the side of my screen with airplane mode,bluetooth etc. it is very...
  10. Unable to configure hotkeys with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to configure hotkeys with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>: Hi There! Greetings!! Unable to configure hotkey combination Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>. When tried to set it, Key strokes Ctrl+Shift+Alt are detected but combination key is not accepting. Able to configure other hotkey combinations like CTRL+Alt+<key> or Ctrl+<key> or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fn ctrl alt doesnt work

2. ctrl shift alt dont work