Windows 10: Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working

Discus and support Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have attached external keyboard from Lenovo to DELL laptop with 64bit win10. When I tried to use Ctrl,shift and alt keys with number combination from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SujanBhattarai1, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working

I have attached external keyboard from Lenovo to DELL laptop with 64bit win10. When I tried to use Ctrl,shift and alt keys with number combination from number pad, its working but with windows key combination the numbers from num pad is not working. I have to use the numbers which is top from the letters, which is making difficult to open/switch taskbar items. Any suggestion/solution will be highly appreciated.

:)

SujanBhattarai1, Nov 23, 2021

2. The two Alt keys doesn't work in combinations

Hi, I would like to solve this annoying windows prank (windows 10 in my case)

The two Alt keys no longer work for me in "custom combinations" of keys and not even in ctrl-alt-del.

- I have no virus

- the right Alt key works in the combination of special characters @#][

- the left Alt key works in combination with F4 etc.

- the left Alt key works in combination with the letters for the virtual click of the applications menu items

- the left Alt key works in combination with the numeric keypad keys for special characters

- as an alternative to crtl-alt-del i use ctrl-shift-esc and i access the task manager without problems

- if I use the "on-screen keyboard" of windows I can access the "custom combinations" and the ctrl-alt-del

as I repeat, the two Alt keys (physically pressed) no longer work only in the ctrl-alt-del and "custom combinations"

I have done many tests suggested by various google results and, moreover, currently, as soon as I start windows and using the Alt keys, only for the first time after switching on they emit a "whistle" from windows, this as surely result of one of the tests.

PawasakiSunn, Nov 23, 2021
  3. Contol + Shift key combinations functions not working

I have just purchased a new HP Envy Laptop model 15-A E05SA. and have upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1.
    However, for some reason the Control + Shift key plus other key combination functions do not seem work.
    For example Ctrl+Shift+f9 should remove all hyperlinks from selected document text also Ctrl+Shift+ should magnify page, etc but do not work.
    The Ctrl key, Shift key and function keys work normally individually but not in a combination.
    I would welcome any guidance.
    Thanks.

un1corn Guest, Nov 23, 2021
  4. illaccc Win User

Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working

Unable to configure hotkeys with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>

Hi There!

Greetings!!

Unable to configure hotkey combination Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>. When tried to set it, Key strokes Ctrl+Shift+Alt are detected but combination key is not accepting. Able to configure other hotkey combinations like CTRL+Alt+<key> or Ctrl+<key> or Alt+<key>

Laptop: HP elitebook 8440p
    Processor: Intel core i5
    Graphic: Intel

Appreciate any help in this matter

Thank you

illaccc, Nov 23, 2021
Thema:

Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working

1. Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working - Similar Threads - Ctrl shift alt

2. Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working: Version : Windows 10 ProThe problem is I can't use alt + shift to change my input language.I have tried methods like- changing language input hotkey- ctfmon thing- restarting computerand it still doesn't fix my problem.Also my language bar is missing too. I have set it to...
  3. Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working: Version : Windows 10 ProThe problem is I can't use alt + shift to change my input language.I have tried methods like- changing language input hotkey- ctfmon thing- restarting computerand it still doesn't fix my problem.Also my language bar is missing too. I have set it to...
  4. Ctrl, windows, alt key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl, windows, alt key not working: Hello, my keys on keyboard seem to be not working, more specifically the strg, windows key, alt key and alt gr key. space seems to be working fine though. First I thought my keyboard was the problem, so I borrowed one from my friend but it was still not working. Then after...
  5. Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working: Hi, Just as the title suggests my shift, ctrl, win alt keys are not working. I have tried turning off sticky keys and other solutions online but the issue remains the same. This the second time it happened, the first time was resolved when I had a BIOS firmware update but now...
  6. Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working: Hi, Just as the title suggests my shift, ctrl, win alt keys are not working. I have tried turning off sticky keys and other solutions online but the issue remains the same. This the second time it happened, the first time was resolved when I had a BIOS firmware update but now...
  7. Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working: I have attached external keyboard from Lenovo to DELL laptop with 64bit win10. When I tried to use Ctrl,shift and alt keys with number combination from number pad, its working but with windows key combination the numbers from num pad is not working. I have to use the numbers...
  8. Most key combinations with alt+shift not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Most key combinations with alt+shift not working: I have a really weird problem and now in homeoffice it's getting more annoying. I'm unable to do key combinations with alt+shift. The only thing I found for this was this...
  9. (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.: As said in the title, some Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations don't work in my system (kind of, actually). In Notepad++, the 'Save All' keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+S) doesn't work. In Visual Studio 2017, the 'Open Project/Solution...' (Ctrl+Shift+O) doesn't work either, the...
  10. CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys don't work: So for a while now my CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys have not been working and i have no idea why. I've looked for solutions on a lot of different forums but all the suggestions are the same. I don't have sticky keys, the keyboard drivers are up to date and I only have one...