Windows 10: Ctrl Shift Enter Bug with Start Menu?

Discus and support Ctrl Shift Enter Bug with Start Menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi All, I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro 2004 (from 1909). I used to be able to press the Windows key on my keyboard, type the name of the program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TAWPS19, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Ctrl Shift Enter Bug with Start Menu?

Hi All,

I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro 2004 (from 1909). I used to be able to press the Windows key on my keyboard, type the name of the program I want to launch (e.g. powershell) and launch it as admin by using the key sequence Ctrl + Shift + Enter. It would launch as Administartor and be the window in focus.

Now when I do this on 2004, it launches as Admin but the Cortona/Search is still up and in focus rather than what I just launched.

Anyone else experience this or know of a way to resolve this poor behavior?

submitted by /u/TAWPS19
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TAWPS19, Aug 27, 2020
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Whats Ctrl+Enter in Ubuntu ?

doesn't work , that's why I'm asking .

EDIT : NM , right ctrl+enter doesn't work, left ctrl+enter does .

Maybe thats because right ctrl is the host key in VirtualBox .

wolf2009, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Start Menu not working.

I followed the direction (I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type Powershell
    • Type the following 2 commands in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"}

• Close the Powershell window.
    • Reboot,)
    given in the reply. But still the start menu and search is not working

T.Krishnankutty, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Ctrl Shift Enter Bug with Start Menu?

Bug in Windows 10 - start menu and apps not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to access Start menu, Windows Store apps, Microsoft Edge, Taskbar etc., after installing Windows Updates.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: If you are able to access Programs and Features, I suggest you to uninstall the updates and check.

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on the updates you want to uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If you are unable to perform the above mentioned steps,
    I suggest you to run the PowerShell command and check:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC, to open the
      Task manager

• Click File > Run New Task.

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges

• Type Powershell.

• Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml'; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

• Close the Powershell window.

• Reboot/Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Ctrl Shift Enter Bug with Start Menu?

1. Ctrl Shift Enter Bug with Start Menu? - Similar Threads - Ctrl Shift Enter

2. ctrl + shift + enter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl + shift + enter not working: I updated Win10 Pro today, and now ctrl+shift+enter does not open the application as admin.For example: I press the start key, type cmd then press ctrl+shift+enter and nothing happens. This affects all apps I try to launch using this method. It doesn't even launch the app...
  3. ctrl + shift + enter not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ctrl + shift + enter not working: I updated Win10 Pro today, and now ctrl+shift+enter does not open the application as admin.For example: I press the start key, type cmd then press ctrl+shift+enter and nothing happens. This affects all apps I try to launch using this method. It doesn't even launch the app...
  4. ctrl + shift + enter not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Start menu tiles bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu tiles bug: My pc was working pretty slow so i decided to reset it. After reset everything was good when i noticed that the start menu tiles were messed up. Few tiles were overlapped on one another and while trying to seprate them the start menu...
  6. Start Menu icons bug

Start Menu icons bug: Some Start Menu icons are not appearing correctly [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-bug/f6dea444-1359-472e-8d35-a1755154ed4e
  7. Ctrl Shift Enter Bug with Start Menu?

Ctrl Shift Enter Bug with Start Menu?: Hi All, I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro 2004 from 1909. I used to be able to press the Windows key on my keyboard, type the name of the program I want to launch e.g. powershell and launch it as admin by using the key sequence Ctrl + Shift + Enter. UAC would prompt with...
  8. BUG: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F shortcut no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BUG: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F shortcut no longer working: Recently updated to 1909 Build 18363 Now the flatten shortcut (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F) in Photoshop no longer works. Pretty sure this is a windows bug submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments]...
  9. Ctrl+Shift+Entre

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl+Shift+Entre: Hi, I recently bought a refurb desktop PC which runs Win 10. I also have a wireless keyboard and mouse. It all has seemed fine. I so far have not loaded MSOffice because I can use my work desktop through VM ware. All has seemed fine However I do a lot of excel work and...
  10. Bugged Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Bugged Start Menu: Can anyone help to solve my issue with this start menu [img] 49907