Windows 10: CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos not working

Discus and support CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been using Windows 10 at home for a couple years. I use numerous keyboard combinations that involve CTRL+SHIFT. For example: CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Editor B, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Editor B Win User

CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos not working

I've been using Windows 10 at home for a couple years. I use numerous keyboard combinations that involve CTRL+SHIFT. For example: CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste text without formattingCTRL+SHIFT+T to reopen a closed tab in Google ChromeCTRL+SHIFT+E to export photos in Adobe Lightroom And so on.My problem is that all CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos stopped working. I don't know how or why! Suddenly one day they didn't work any more. Whenever I press CTRL and SHIFT at the same time, I get a beep, and the desired combinations don't do anything at all. This problem persisted for more than six months. I tried ev

:)

Editor B, Jul 24, 2022

2. CTRL-SHIFT-DEL combination is locked in all the browsers.

1. Open any web browser
    2. Try the CTRL-SHIFT-DEL combo to call the clear history window

Result: the combo doesn't work in any browser.

It seems this combo was broken due to the latest WIndows updates. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Vodoprovod4ik, Jul 24, 2022
  3. AndreTen Win User
    HP Pavilion 15-ab030tx . Shift-quote key combo not working (Windows 10

Adding and removing keyboard language shouldn't interfere with anything. If you don't use any other language, you should only have singled kb layout.

Check if you don't have anything else, since it is easy to change layouts by mistake (CTRL + SHIFT + numbers)

Also running
    in command prompt

would be wise, to check system files are all there, and fine

AndreTen, Jul 24, 2022
  4. G2C
    g2c Win User

keyboard hotkeys with ctrl partially working

The shoth answer is NO
    Test results with two languages: English and Hebrew; leftAlt+shift set as sequential switch
    I can set English to any ctrl+<num> and it will always switch correctly from Hebrew to English (and disable chrome tab switch for that <num>

No ctrl+<num> or ctrl+shift+<num> or (with disabled sequential) leftAlt+shift+<num> allows to switch to Hebrew. The only mean available to me to have Hebrew is the leftAlt+shift sequential shift

The long answer is that Surprisingly, yesterday I could switch *once* to Hebrew with ctrl+<a num which I don't remember>

Thema:

1. CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos not working - Similar Threads - CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos

2. Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working: I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in...
  3. ctrl+shift+0 not working

ctrl+shift+0 not working: backstory: hi, so i've been trying to set up a button on a drawing tablet wacom intuos s ctl-4100 to switch between brush and eraser tools in an art program paint.net. to do so, i've found a program eraser brush eyedropper hotkey by ugochi creative that uses ctrl+shift+0 as a...
  4. ctrl shift esc not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    ctrl shift esc not working: how do i fix ctrl shift esc stop working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-shift-esc-not-working/d02a0525-5c1a-4ccd-b81c-ed7ddbb7f162
  5. ctrl shift esc not working

ctrl shift esc not working: how do i fix ctrl shift esc stop working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-shift-esc-not-working/d02a0525-5c1a-4ccd-b81c-ed7ddbb7f162
  6. CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos not working: I've been using Windows 10 at home for a couple years. I use numerous keyboard combinations that involve CTRL+SHIFT. For example: CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste text without formattingCTRL+SHIFT+T to reopen a closed tab in Google ChromeCTRL+SHIFT+E to export photos in Adobe Lightroom...
  7. Ctrl + Shift + Down not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + Shift + Down not working: Well, technically everything the same as in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/ctrl-shift-down-not-working/c639e462-e2d2-4b71-95a1-e8fe16e04fc6 except i found this issue in pycharm instead of excelthis key combination doesnt work in any app, also i didnt...
  8. CTRL - SHIFT - S not working

CTRL - SHIFT - S not working: system: win 11I use PHP storm and I try to use the keyboard shortcut CTRL-SHIFT-S, normally it would trigger save as, but it doesn't do a thing.In Edge I try to simulate CTRL-SHIFT-S, but the keycode doesn't get through, CTRL-SHIFT-A is working CTRL - SHIFT - S :...
  9. ctrl + shift + enter not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ctrl + shift + enter not working: I updated Win10 Pro today, and now ctrl+shift+enter does not open the application as admin.For example: I press the start key, type cmd then press ctrl+shift+enter and nothing happens. This affects all apps I try to launch using this method. It doesn't even launch the app...
  10. KEYBOARD KEYS(shift,ctrl not working)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KEYBOARD KEYS(shift,ctrl not working): All the function keys are not working .It is happening since a month that laptop keyboard keys are not working.External keyboard when connected works good...