Windows 10: Ctrl shift n is not working

Discus and support Ctrl shift n is not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ctrl shift n is not working in any program. Nether chrome nether windows explorer. After I installed the avast secure browser the ctrl shift n was set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thiagode Bilek, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Ctrl shift n is not working

Ctrl shift n is not working in any program. Nether chrome nether windows explorer. After I installed the avast secure browser the ctrl shift n was set to open this program. I tried to disable it. I tried to uninstall the program and then the ctrl shift n didn't worked at all. I reinstalled it and the problem keeps the same. Researched a lot and got no solution. Please help me

:)

Thiagode Bilek, Jul 13, 2020
  2. BaldRicky Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+'n' stopped working

Hi

The extremely useful shortcuts (Ctrl+Shift+'n') within File Explorer has suddenly stopped working.

There was an automatic Windows update a few days ago and I believe the last time I used the shortcuts was before this update. These shortcuts worked as follows...

Ctrl+Shift+1 Change View to Extra Large Icons

Ctrl+Shift+2 Change View to Large Icons

Ctrl+Shift+3 Change View to Medium Icons

Ctrl+Shift+4 Change View to Small Icons

Ctrl+Shift+5 Change View to List View

Ctrl+Shift+6 Change View to Details View

Elsewhere I have seen a couple of other Windows 10 users reporting the same issue but I have not yet tracked down a fix.

As far as I can tell all of my other keyboard shortcuts are working.

I am on a 9 month old Dell Inspiron 17 5770 Laptop.

Is there a setting I can apply to get the shortcuts back please?

Thanks in advance

Rick

BaldRicky, Jul 13, 2020
  3. CTRL+SHIFT+8 and some others not working

Okay thanks. Didn't know that tool.
    It does list Ctrl+Shift+, 3 & 8. But it doesn't say what they're registered to. (And nothing seems to happen when I press them.)

The tool turns up a very short list, by the way, compared to the screenshots on that site. Just these three plus:
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+Delete
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+J (I know what this is from)
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+K (Kindle)
    Hot Key : Alt+F4

franklekens, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Ctrl shift n is not working

Ctrl + N not working

Both the Ctrl and N keys are working separately but any app with a ctrl + n shortcut isn't detecting it. Other shortcuts like ctrl+x, ctrl+v, ctrl+b etc work, just not ctrl+n. This is an issue with both left and right control. I've tried changing from a
    UK keyboard to a US one but no joy.

ChildishGiant, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Ctrl shift n is not working

1. Ctrl shift n is not working - Similar Threads - Ctrl shift working

2. ctrl shift esc not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ctrl shift esc not working: how do i fix ctrl shift esc stop working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-shift-esc-not-working/d02a0525-5c1a-4ccd-b81c-ed7ddbb7f162
  3. Ctrl+Shift+N not working on clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Shift+N not working on clean install of Windows 11: Hello.I ran into issue after I wanted to create new folder in Explorer with Ctrl+Shift+N shortcut. It doesn't work. I tried it in Microsoft Edge - it should open new private window, but nothing happens too.I have new laptop - Asus TUF Dash F15 2022 FX517ZM_FX517ZM in...
  4. Ctrl+Shift+N not working on clean install of Windows 11

Ctrl+Shift+N not working on clean install of Windows 11: Hello.I ran into issue after I wanted to create new folder in Explorer with Ctrl+Shift+N shortcut. It doesn't work. I tried it in Microsoft Edge - it should open new private window, but nothing happens too.I have new laptop - Asus TUF Dash F15 2022 FX517ZM_FX517ZM in...
  5. Ctrl + Shift + Down not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + Shift + Down not working: Well, technically everything the same as in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/ctrl-shift-down-not-working/c639e462-e2d2-4b71-95a1-e8fe16e04fc6 except i found this issue in pycharm instead of excelthis key combination doesnt work in any app, also i didnt...
  6. CTRL - SHIFT - S not working

CTRL - SHIFT - S not working: system: win 11I use PHP storm and I try to use the keyboard shortcut CTRL-SHIFT-S, normally it would trigger save as, but it doesn't do a thing.In Edge I try to simulate CTRL-SHIFT-S, but the keycode doesn't get through, CTRL-SHIFT-A is working CTRL - SHIFT - S :...
  7. Control shift N not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control shift N not working: Since I installed avast antivirus ctrl+shift+n is not working in google chrome open new incognito tab nether in windows explorer. First in any program when I press ctrl+shift+n the avast secure browser opened, I removed the avast antivirus and the browser and now nothing...
  8. Windows 10 Control Key Shortcuts Ctrl+X, Ctrl+Shift+N, Ctrl+RightArrow, etc. Don't Work...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Control Key Shortcuts Ctrl+X, Ctrl+Shift+N, Ctrl+RightArrow, etc. Don't Work...: Hi, I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro using the Microsoft upgrade page a few days before the January 2020 deadline and haven't used my laptop much since then. For the upgrade process, all apps stayed installed and all files were preserved. Now I'm using the...
  9. Ctrl + N not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl + N not working: Both the Ctrl and N keys are working separately but any app with a ctrl + n shortcut isn't detecting it. Other shortcuts like ctrl+x, ctrl+v, ctrl+b etc work, just not ctrl+n. This is an issue with both left and right control. I've tried changing from a UK keyboard to a US...
  10. Control shift N not working

Control shift N not working: I want to be able to use Control shift N to create a new folder in Windows 10 on the desktop for instance. I know that that is one of the built-in shortcuts, but I can't get it to work. Maybe Control shift N got reassigned. Is there a place I can check that? I have...