Windows 10: ctrl + Space not working while pressed together

Discus and support ctrl + Space not working while pressed together in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So i recently found out, that if i press the space bar and ctrl key together my space bar doest give any input. It doesn't matter if i am using word or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Marmor1001, May 26, 2023.

1. ctrl + Space not working while pressed together

So i recently found out, that if i press the space bar and ctrl key together my space bar doest give any input. It doesn't matter if i am using word or a web browser it still is there. A windows update did not help and suggested keyboard driver updates are not possible because they are on the latest one.w10 Version is: 22H2

:)

Marmor1001, May 26, 2023

2. WIn + space stopped working for me...

While CTRL + win + Space or Shift + win + space do work. What is funny is that when i press win + space it works like I only pressed space.

Win button is working for sure, checked it

Languages list is showing when ctrl or shiift is additionally pressed

Any suggestions?

ИванРоманчук, May 26, 2023
  3. kenkenBY Win User
    when i press space ctrl also get pressed

So, if i press space it will turn into space + ctrl. same issue with alt button. How do i fix this?

kenkenBY, May 26, 2023
  4. Pavan_N Win User

ctrl + Space not working while pressed together

Both CTRL keys not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Method 1: To check if Ctrl keys work in Onscreen keyboard.

• Press Windows Key + R and type osk and hit Enter.
    Try using Ctrl keys and check if that helps.

if you still face the issue, try Method 2.

Method 2: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, May 26, 2023
Thema:

ctrl + Space not working while pressed together

1. ctrl + Space not working while pressed together - Similar Threads - ctrl Space working

2. ctrl + space not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ctrl + space not working: My keyboard doesn't work when i press ctrl + space, this happens in videogames and windows programs like excel and word.I don't have powertoys installed, so that solution didn't worki need help :...
  3. ctrl + space not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl + space not working: My keyboard doesn't work when i press ctrl + space, this happens in videogames and windows programs like excel and word.I don't have powertoys installed, so that solution didn't worki need help :...
  4. ctrl + space not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ctrl + Space not working while pressed together

ctrl + Space not working while pressed together: So i recently found out, that if i press the space bar and ctrl key together my space bar doest give any input. It doesn't matter if i am using word or a web browser it still is there. A windows update did not help and suggested keyboard driver updates are not possible...
  6. ctrl + Space not working while pressed together

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ctrl + Space not working while pressed together: So i recently found out, that if i press the space bar and ctrl key together my space bar doest give any input. It doesn't matter if i am using word or a web browser it still is there. A windows update did not help and suggested keyboard driver updates are not possible...
  7. when i press space ctrl also get pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i press space ctrl also get pressed: So, if i press space it will turn into space + ctrl. same issue with alt button. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-space-ctrl-also-get-pressed/d79fdd9d-0540-4023-b5a5-0ce2018d48ec
  8. when i press space ctrl also get pressed

when i press space ctrl also get pressed: So, if i press space it will turn into space + ctrl. same issue with alt button. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-space-ctrl-also-get-pressed/d79fdd9d-0540-4023-b5a5-0ce2018d48ec
  9. Space doesn't work when shift or ctrl is pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Space doesn't work when shift or ctrl is pressed: I have issue on my new laptop with Windows 11. I can't crawl and jump or run and jump in games. It worked two weeks ago. I reinstaled drivers few time in device menager, turned off and on Filter Keys and Sticky Keys. I don't have any software chaning keyboard settings. The...
  10. Space doesn't work when shift or ctrl is pressed

Space doesn't work when shift or ctrl is pressed: I have issue on my new laptop with Windows 11. I can't crawl and jump or run and jump in games. It worked two weeks ago. I reinstaled drivers few time in device menager, turned off and on Filter Keys and Sticky Keys. I don't have any software chaning keyboard settings. The...