Windows 10: Ctrl + Up/Down arrow problem

Discus and support Ctrl + Up/Down arrow problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Previously when using Windows 7, even when I hold down Ctrl key, when I press Down Arrow, the "blinking text cursor" will still go down to the next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xiiliea, Aug 14, 2015.

1. xiiliea Win User

Ctrl + Up/Down arrow problem

Previously when using Windows 7, even when I hold down Ctrl key, when I press Down Arrow, the "blinking text cursor" will still go down to the next line below. But on my new laptop running Windows 8 (and now Windows 10) when the Ctrl key is held down, the Down Arrow won't respond.

(I do editing for a certain wiki and to do formatting of some stuffs, it's simple to just Ctrl+V, Down Arrow, Left Arrow, and repeat. But sometimes I hold down Ctrl too long and the text cursor is prevented from going down, causing some wasted time backtracking to fix it.)

Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this, or what's causing this? Thanks.

:)

xiiliea, Aug 14, 2015

2. New keyboard shortcut I discovered

Press Ctrl+Alt+an arrow key to rotate the entire screen.

Ctrl+Alt+up arrow rotates screen to top side up.

Ctrl+Alt+right arrow rotates top side of screen sideways to right side of monitor.

Ctrl+Alt+left arrow rotates top side of screen sideways to left side of monitor.

Ctrl+Alt+down arrow rotates top side of screen upside down to bottom side of monitor.

DavidSkinnerPE, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Can u help me my screen on the moniter keps fliping to the wrong way after i select second screen only

Hit CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow and your Windows desktop should return to landscape mode. You can rotate the screen to portrait or upside-down landscape, by hitting CTRL + ALT + Left Arrow, Right Arrow or Down arrow.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Ctrl + Up/Down arrow problem

1. Ctrl + Up/Down arrow problem - Similar Threads - Ctrl Down arrow

2. Laptop keeps freezing often & I have to use CTRL+ALT+DELETE then use the Down Arrow to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop keeps freezing often & I have to use CTRL+ALT+DELETE then use the Down Arrow to...: Hello, I Need Help I have 2 Laptop that are updated to windows 10 since some time now & fully updated with version 1903 and they keep freezing often and one is freezing more often than the other & I have to use CTRL+ALT+DELETE then use the Down Arrow to scroll down to the...
  3. Sometimes CTRL+shift+ up/down works and sometimes it doesn't

in Windows 10 Support
    Sometimes CTRL+shift+ up/down works and sometimes it doesn't: using Excel 2016 and sticky keys; do not know if problem is present without sticky keys. Other key shortcuts work fine. This seems to happen after doing a large paste from another spreadsheet. It does not happen every time. 140560
  4. Adding break character to ctrl+left-arrow/ctrl+right-arrow

Adding break character to ctrl+left-arrow/ctrl+right-arrow: I'm manually editing multiple filenames in Explorer on Windows 10. My filenames have sections in square brackets, and the occasional underscore, which I'm removing, e.g. "This File [yes this]_v10.docx" becomes "This File v10.docx". The names are not consistent, so it's not...
  5. Taskbar shows up and down arrow

Taskbar shows up and down arrow: It's always something with me. On my taskbar, it show, everything, all browsers, calendars, just everything . . . But now it has an up and down arrow to get to everything. I really don't like it at all. What I would like to know is how to get my taskbar showing everything...
  6. (Solved) How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?

(Solved) How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?: Hi. I usually use 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' or ' Ctrl + Left Arrow' to quickly move ahead or back (word by word) in a sentence I am editing. Or, I use the combinations together with the Shift Key to quickly highlight words in a given sentence. The Ctrl + Arrow (and related)...
  7. How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?

How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?: Hi. I usually use 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' or ' Ctrl + Left Arrow' to quickly move ahead or back (word by word) in a sentence I am editing. Or, I use the combinations together with the Shift Key to quickly highlight words in a given sentence. The Ctrl + Arrow (and related)...
  8. screen rotation using ctrl+alt+arrows not working

screen rotation using ctrl+alt+arrows not working: hi I got a new laptop hp 15g dr1000tx 3 days ago and I noticed that I can't flip the screen using "alt+arrow key" and also "ctrl+alt+arrow key". So I would like if you give me a solution to use shortcuts for rotating screen which I always use for reading. thank you....
  9. Blue up and down arrows (like syncing) on most applications on desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue up and down arrows (like syncing) on most applications on desktop: Hi, Windows 10/Office365 Computer slowing down and little blue up and down arrows suddenly simultaneously appeared beside most application icons on my desktop. Help . . . what's going on. Thanks...
  10. Windows down arrow key stuck?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows down arrow key stuck?: I have recently built my third computer, but the keyboard or something else seems to be wrong. The down arrow is not working properly, it is stuck in place. I have tried everything to get it to not be stuck. I first tried sticky keys, but that did nothing, I pulled up the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem solve for up down left right arrow key