Windows 10: Ctrl + Up/Down arrow problem

Discus and support Ctrl + Up/Down arrow problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Previously when using Windows 7, even when I hold down Ctrl key, when I press Down Arrow, the "blinking text cursor" will still go down to the next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xiiliea, Aug 14, 2015.

1. xiiliea Win User

Ctrl + Up/Down arrow problem

Previously when using Windows 7, even when I hold down Ctrl key, when I press Down Arrow, the "blinking text cursor" will still go down to the next line below. But on my new laptop running Windows 8 (and now Windows 10) when the Ctrl key is held down, the Down Arrow won't respond.

(I do editing for a certain wiki and to do formatting of some stuffs, it's simple to just Ctrl+V, Down Arrow, Left Arrow, and repeat. But sometimes I hold down Ctrl too long and the text cursor is prevented from going down, causing some wasted time backtracking to fix it.)

Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this, or what's causing this? Thanks.

:)

xiiliea, Aug 14, 2015

2. New keyboard shortcut I discovered

Press Ctrl+Alt+an arrow key to rotate the entire screen.

Ctrl+Alt+up arrow rotates screen to top side up.

Ctrl+Alt+right arrow rotates top side of screen sideways to right side of monitor.

Ctrl+Alt+left arrow rotates top side of screen sideways to left side of monitor.

Ctrl+Alt+down arrow rotates top side of screen upside down to bottom side of monitor.

DavidSkinnerPE, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Can u help me my screen on the moniter keps fliping to the wrong way after i select second screen only

Hit CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow and your Windows desktop should return to landscape mode. You can rotate the screen to portrait or upside-down landscape, by hitting CTRL + ALT + Left Arrow, Right Arrow or Down arrow.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Ctrl + Up/Down arrow problem

1. Ctrl + Up/Down arrow problem - Similar Threads - Ctrl Down arrow

2. Download arrow or down arrow in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Download arrow or down arrow in start menu: [ATTACH]I had reset [ATTACH] my windows 10 last day after resetting it i found that there are down arrows in start menu.Please help me and give a solution to this problem...
  3. down arrow key not worrking

down arrow key not worrking: so this is a software problem. i know this cause the down arrow key for the on screen keyboard also doesn't work iv gone through the following trying to fix it iv; cleaned out my keyboard, uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it, reset my computer, and tried on screen...
  4. My up and down arrows are not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My up and down arrows are not working.: does anyone know why my up and down arrows have stopped working for scrolling web pages and also for controlling my volume. My back space button stopped working also for a while at the same time but seems to be ok now....
  5. Ctrl+arrow keys stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl+arrow keys stopped working: Ctrl+arrow keys set as hotkeys for Office stopped working suddenly. Currently I am experiencing jumping words when I press this hotkey. However, ctrl+shift+arrows works fine,making me think that the issue is caused by Windows. It is Dell laptop running Win 10 1903...
  6. Ctrl+arrow keys not functioning anymore

Ctrl+arrow keys not functioning anymore: Hi, From one moment to another my ctrl+arrows hotkeys are not working any more. This holds for: - the office suite: * jumping to edges of tables in excel * jumping words in Word * slowly move images in Powerpoint (also up and down) - explorer or notepad Using...
  7. Adding break character to ctrl+left-arrow/ctrl+right-arrow

Adding break character to ctrl+left-arrow/ctrl+right-arrow: I'm manually editing multiple filenames in Explorer on Windows 10. My filenames have sections in square brackets, and the occasional underscore, which I'm removing, e.g. "This File [yes this]_v10.docx" becomes "This File v10.docx". The names are not consistent, so it's not...
  8. Taskbar shows up and down arrow

Taskbar shows up and down arrow: It's always something with me. On my taskbar, it show, everything, all browsers, calendars, just everything . . . But now it has an up and down arrow to get to everything. I really don't like it at all. What I would like to know is how to get my taskbar showing everything...
  9. (Solved) How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?

(Solved) How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?: Hi. I usually use 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' or ' Ctrl + Left Arrow' to quickly move ahead or back (word by word) in a sentence I am editing. Or, I use the combinations together with the Shift Key to quickly highlight words in a given sentence. The Ctrl + Arrow (and related)...
  10. How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?

How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?: Hi. I usually use 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' or ' Ctrl + Left Arrow' to quickly move ahead or back (word by word) in a sentence I am editing. Or, I use the combinations together with the Shift Key to quickly highlight words in a given sentence. The Ctrl + Arrow (and related)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem solve for up down left right arrow key