Windows 10: ctrl v not working

Discus and support ctrl v not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello i use the ctrl v shortcut alot but suddenly it does not work anymore and that makes me sad. If it helps i have a Dell Latitude 3380 laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PandaDanda402, Nov 12, 2019.

1. ctrl v not working

Hello i use the ctrl v shortcut alot but suddenly it does not work anymore and that makes me sad. If it helps i have a Dell Latitude 3380 laptop.

:)

PandaDanda402, Nov 12, 2019

2. CTRL+C/X/V Not working ctrl v not working :(

Hi, I hope someone can help me out.

A few days ago, some of my keyboard shortcuts stopped working for me. As far as I know, the only shortcuts that refuse to work with me are:

• ctrl + c
    • ctrl + x
    • ctrl + v
    • ctrl + z
    • ctrl + t (this one used to work until literally just now while I was testing it)
    I don't think that this is a hardware issue because (oddly enough), the following keyboard shortcuts DO work.

• ctrl + w
    • ctrl + n
    • ctrl + p
    • ctrl + d
    I have already uninstalled my keyboard drivers and restarted my computer several times.

This problem affects me across Firefox, Chrome, Line...

The only thing of note that happened to me before this started happening is that Firefox updated and kicked my old data into a folder on my desktop.

I desperately hope that someone can help me out; my googling so far has been fruitless.

I am using an HP ENVY 15 Laptop...

vectorsmash, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Noah Ball Win User
    ctrl+v not working

My ctrl+v is not working at all, but my ctrl+c is working just fine. Please help.

Noah Ball, Nov 12, 2019
  4. ctrl v not working

Ctrl+V doesn't work

My Ctrl+V key was working fine until earlier day. I system restored, and Ctrl+V worked fine for about an hour... then it stopped working again. I didn't have this issue until I upgraded to Windows 10. Ctrl+C works and so do other Ctrl shortcuts, but not
    Ctrl+V, anywhere.

WittLocascio, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

ctrl v not working

1. ctrl v not working - Similar Threads - ctrl working

2. Ctrl+select no longer works when I click out of the window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+select no longer works when I click out of the window: Recently I started having really annoying problem with multiple items selection on my virtual machine.When I press ctrl and I select multiple items, and then I click out to any other window, when I come back and want to continue previous selection I am not able to.Typical...
  3. Ctrl+select no longer works when I click out of the window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+select no longer works when I click out of the window: Recently I started having really annoying problem with multiple items selection on my virtual machine.When I press ctrl and I select multiple items, and then I click out to any other window, when I come back and want to continue previous selection I am not able to.Typical...
  4. Ctrl+select no longer works when I click out of the window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Left shift and ctrl keys, and click and drag function working intermittently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left shift and ctrl keys, and click and drag function working intermittently.: My left shift key and left ctrl keys only work for a fraction of a second.If I hold down the left shift key to capitalise a word, I barely get the first letter to capitalise I need to be quick and subsequent letters have no chance.The same goes for the left ctrl key. I need...
  6. Left shift and ctrl keys, and click and drag function working intermittently.

Left shift and ctrl keys, and click and drag function working intermittently.: My left shift key and left ctrl keys only work for a fraction of a second.If I hold down the left shift key to capitalise a word, I barely get the first letter to capitalise I need to be quick and subsequent letters have no chance.The same goes for the left ctrl key. I need...
  7. CTRL - Z UNDO does not work system wide due to an app called snap camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL - Z UNDO does not work system wide due to an app called snap camera: I have the same problem as this person https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-z-not-working-system-wide/01f5274f-3f16-4f1f-8bf7-e911ba5ce034I have already tried to reinstall keyboard drivers but now Im trying to use Windows Power Toys to remap keys but...
  8. CTRL - Z UNDO does not work system wide due to an app called snap camera

CTRL - Z UNDO does not work system wide due to an app called snap camera: I have the same problem as this person https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-z-not-working-system-wide/01f5274f-3f16-4f1f-8bf7-e911ba5ce034I have already tried to reinstall keyboard drivers but now Im trying to use Windows Power Toys to remap keys but...
  9. CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working: My ctrl, alt and fn keys suddenly stop working. I installed all windows updates, i factory reset the pc, i reinstalled the keyboard driver, i ran this commands in command prompt as administrator;REG DELETE "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout" /V "ScanCode...
  10. CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working

CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working: My ctrl, alt and fn keys suddenly stop working. I installed all windows updates, i factory reset the pc, i reinstalled the keyboard driver, i ran this commands in command prompt as administrator;REG DELETE "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout" /V "ScanCode...