Windows 10: Ctrl-V/paste keeps pasting the same text no mater what I CTRL-C/copy

Discus and support Ctrl-V/paste keeps pasting the same text no mater what I CTRL-C/copy in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This just started happening and is driving me crazy ;-) No matter what I highlight and either ctrl-c or right-click copy, when I ctrl-v or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ggibeau, Nov 5, 2018.

1. ggibeau Win User

Ctrl-V/paste keeps pasting the same text no mater what I CTRL-C/copy

This just started happening and is driving me crazy ;-)

No matter what I highlight and either ctrl-c or right-click copy, when I ctrl-v or right-click paste - the same text gets pasted (it never changes).

I tried various apps (including clipboard app from MS) to clear the clipboard - I can delete the text - and if I wait 3 seconds it just reappears back in the clipboard.

Here is the offending text (the date and time stamp information is correct whenever I try to paste) - - even ran ccleaner, no help.

C:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-03--23-10-34_.dmp

Running Windows 10 Education x64 - 1803 (OS Build 17134.376)

Any thoughts?

Thanks

-George-

:)

ggibeau, Nov 5, 2018

2. copy/paste

Copy and Paste what?

CTRL+C is still copy.

CTRL+X is still cut.

CTRL+V is still paste.

Highlighting text and right-clicking the highlighted text in most applications will give you the choice of "copy" and right-clicking someplace you can paste things should give you the choice of "paste".

Shenan Stanley, Nov 5, 2018
  3. SamR0528 Win User
    When using Quora (Win10 MS Edge) using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to cut and paste into a reply or comment results in the display of the HTML assciated with the text. How do I get just text?

Using Web app Quora with WIn10 and MS Edge

When I use CTRL+C to cut text from any website and then use CTRL+V to insert it into my Quora reply/comment the associated HTML is also displayed.

The only way I can work around this is to

• Paste the cut into Notepad (CTRL+V)
    • Recopy it (CTRL+C)
    • Paste the new snippet into Quora (CTRL+V)
    It appears from interaction with others on Quora that this is a MS Edge problem and the suggestion is I use Chrome instead.

I would prefer to use MS Edge

Any solution?

BTW It is a sad comment that the Category list below does not include MS Edge but only refers to Internet Explorer...

SamR0528, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Ctrl-V/paste keeps pasting the same text no mater what I CTRL-C/copy

Ctrl + V/C broken.

I believe it's CTRL + C to copy, and CTRL + V to paste, basically regular shortcuts.

Errorname404, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Ctrl-V/paste keeps pasting the same text no mater what I CTRL-C/copy

1. Ctrl-V/paste keeps pasting the same text no mater what I CTRL-C/copy - Similar Threads - Ctrl paste keeps

2. How can I change the ctrl-v to paste as plain text?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the ctrl-v to paste as plain text?: I almost never want to paste the formatting of what I'm copying, and it's highly annoying to have to paste and see it do the wrong thing, ctrl-z, then ctrl-shift-v. Even in the best case, when I remember, hitting ctrl-shift-v is way more annoying to hit with one hand. Please...
  3. How can I change the ctrl-v to paste as plain text?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change the ctrl-v to paste as plain text?: I almost never want to paste the formatting of what I'm copying, and it's highly annoying to have to paste and see it do the wrong thing, ctrl-z, then ctrl-shift-v. Even in the best case, when I remember, hitting ctrl-shift-v is way more annoying to hit with one hand. Please...
  4. cannot copy and paste using windows 11? ctrl +c and ctrl + v on laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot copy and paste using windows 11? ctrl +c and ctrl + v on laptop.: cannot copy and paste using windows 11 on my HP laptop? ctrl + c and ctrl + v. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copy-and-paste-using-windows-11-ctrl-c-and/740cc9de-c593-4b55-ae2d-3edfc3d8d357
  5. cannot copy and paste using windows 11? ctrl +c and ctrl + v on laptop.

cannot copy and paste using windows 11? ctrl +c and ctrl + v on laptop.: cannot copy and paste using windows 11 on my HP laptop? ctrl + c and ctrl + v. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copy-and-paste-using-windows-11-ctrl-c-and/740cc9de-c593-4b55-ae2d-3edfc3d8d357
  6. CTRL + V is Double Pasting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL + V is Double Pasting: windows 11 desktop computerlogitech 350 keyboard new batteries placedfor no apparent reason the ctrl+v has started to paste everthing twice. It only does this with my keyboard as my mouse works fine.for example I use ctrl+shif+s to copy a portion of a webpage and paste it in...
  7. CTRL + V is Double Pasting

CTRL + V is Double Pasting: windows 11 desktop computerlogitech 350 keyboard new batteries placedfor no apparent reason the ctrl+v has started to paste everthing twice. It only does this with my keyboard as my mouse works fine.for example I use ctrl+shif+s to copy a portion of a webpage and paste it in...
  8. Ctrl C and Ctrl V Copy and paste works on and off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl C and Ctrl V Copy and paste works on and off: Hi ! I am a huge fan of short cuts and I am having a recurrent problem that makes me nutts ! The Copy and Paste works only one out of two times. It is not a memory/cash problem, it has been checked by our IT services. The Ctrl X works better but the Ctrl V doens't works...
  9. Can't copy or paste using ctrl-c and ctrl-v, on anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't copy or paste using ctrl-c and ctrl-v, on anything.: I work as a cashier at a ROBLOX restaurant [don't ask] and I need to be able to paste my 'greeting' to ask customer what they'd like. But the thing is, I can't. It just doesn't do it. I've tried scanning the hard drive, to no avail. I just press ctrl-v and nothing shows up. I...
  10. Mouse without boarders Copy/Paste (CTRL+C & CTRL-V) not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse without boarders Copy/Paste (CTRL+C & CTRL-V) not working: I have mouse without borders connecting 2 computers (laptop and desktop) both running Windows 10 64bit. The desktop has 2 identical monitors. When I copy (using CTRL+C) something to the clipboard on one machine it does not copy to the other machine. Occasionally this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Word paste keeps pasting same item Windows 10

2. copyand paste pasting old tect

3. my copy paste keeps pasting the same thing

4. copy and paste keeps pasting the same thng,
  5. i keep pasting the same thing,
  6. pc wont copy new text keeps pasting old text,
  7. ctrl v keeps pasting same item,
  8. copy and paste keeps pasting the same thing,
  9. Ctrl c ctrl v copying old text,
  10. whenever i try to copy with control c a clipboard pops up