Windows 10: ctrl + w problem

Discus and support ctrl + w problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, i have a problem. I was playing some PC game CS:GO and i got rage and i punched my keyboard. After few minutes i realised i cant do duck walk in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rataros, Sep 18, 2021.

1. rataros Win User

ctrl + w problem

Hello, i have a problem. I was playing some PC game CS:GO and i got rage and i punched my keyboard. After few minutes i realised i cant do duck walk in this game with ctrl + w. When I am holding ctrl + w, a repetitive sound is heard. I think i switched my settings on my keyboard. I'm not knowledgeable in windows, so i dont know, how to solve a this problem. I only know this shortcut ctrl + w will close selected file. I want to disable or set off this shortcut. Thanks a lot for answer

:)

rataros, Sep 18, 2021
  2. Luke Win User

Ctrl + W works as if Ctrl + V... but only once

I'm having a strange issue with Ctrl + W on Windows 10.

When I press Ctrl + W, it pastes my clipboard... the first time. But if I continue to hold Ctrl, and press W again, it prints "w".

It's as if Windows "forgets" that Ctrl is being held - if I press any key, it acts as its normal key, without a Ctrl modifier.

Here's an example:

I open NotePad. My clipboard contains "Hello".

• I press W

• I hold Ctrl
    • I press W

• I press W

• I press A

• I release Ctrl

The behaviour is the same on all programs I've tested.

I've previously edited the registry keymap, but since reverted it. Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout contains only (Default)

I'm trying to map Ctrl + W to close tabs in Android Studio, so any help would be appreciated.

3. Luke Win User
    Ctrl + W works as if Ctrl + V... but only once

Turns out TenClips Clipboard Manager overrides Ctrl + W by default

I got my Ctrl + W back by:

• Opening TenClips settings
    • Removing the shortcut for "Paste purified text", which was set to Ctrl + W by default

Apparently these settings will be reset on reboot unless you pay for TenClips... so I am now using CopyQ

4. ctrl + w problem

Ctrl W

I need to disable Ctrl W as a function that closes my web pages, I need it for work. How do I disable?

Dixiechick13, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

ctrl + w problem

1. ctrl + w problem - Similar Threads - ctrl problem

2. Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard: I remapped <caps lock> to <ctrl> for Emacs, since that is the normal position for <ctrl> for us old folks. Once in a while I will hit <caps lock> and instead of it being converted to <ctrl> it will actually set the caps lock. Then every character I try to type will be upper...
  3. Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard: I remapped <caps lock> to <ctrl> for Emacs, since that is the normal position for <ctrl> for us old folks. Once in a while I will hit <caps lock> and instead of it being converted to <ctrl> it will actually set the caps lock. Then every character I try to type will be upper...
  4. Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ctrl Alt freeze problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl Alt freeze problem: For days now, I have been trying to log in back to Parallel Windows 11 on my M1 MacBook Pro. But every time I click on the Windows screen, the cursor freezes and Windows tell me to simultaneously click Ctrl and Alt to free it. I can't log in no matter how many times. I have...
  6. Ctrl Alt freeze problem

Ctrl Alt freeze problem: For days now, I have been trying to log in back to Parallel Windows 11 on my M1 MacBook Pro. But every time I click on the Windows screen, the cursor freezes and Windows tell me to simultaneously click Ctrl and Alt to free it. I can't log in no matter how many times. I have...
  7. Still having problems with CTRL+C and CTRL+V....no fixes have worked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still having problems with CTRL+C and CTRL+V....no fixes have worked: Since November, I have been having problems with this. Most of the time, it will not work between screens in programs where it has never been a problem before. The clipboard will often work, but sometimes it won't but I hate it because it is cumbersome. I type for a living,...
  8. Still having problems with CTRL+C and CTRL+V....no fixes have worked

Still having problems with CTRL+C and CTRL+V....no fixes have worked: Since November, I have been having problems with this. Most of the time, it will not work between screens in programs where it has never been a problem before. The clipboard will often work, but sometimes it won't but I hate it because it is cumbersome. I type for a living,...
  9. Having a weird problem with CTRL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a weird problem with CTRL: I'm having this really weird issue with CTRL that really bothers me, the button works but it actually takes turns. When I first press it it doesn't register, but when I press it again it works.So everytime I want to use CTRL I have to press it twice. Is this normal? If not,...
  10. Having a weird problem with CTRL

Having a weird problem with CTRL: I'm having this really weird issue with CTRL that really bothers me, the button works but it actually takes turns. When I first press it it doesn't register, but when I press it again it works.So everytime I want to use CTRL I have to press it twice. Is this normal? If not,...