Windows 10: Ctrl, windows, alt key not working

Discus and support Ctrl, windows, alt key not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, my keys on keyboard seem to be not working, more specifically the strg, windows key, alt key and alt gr key. space seems to be working fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alexa Moiseeva, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Ctrl, windows, alt key not working

Hello, my keys on keyboard seem to be not working, more specifically the strg, windows key, alt key and alt gr key. space seems to be working fine though. First I thought my keyboard was the problem, so I borrowed one from my friend but it was still not working. Then after searching a bit on the internet I reinstalled the keyboard drivers TWICE, but it still didn't do anything. After that I ran some commands in the command prompt which many reported to have helped, but no, those didn't work either. Then I created some kind of notepad and merged it but it still. did. not. do. anything. Please s

:)

Alexa Moiseeva, Mar 24, 2023
  2. Eric Ber Win User

ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Mar 24, 2023
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Ctrl + Alt + Arrow Key hotkey not working

Hi,

Keyboard features in Windows can make navigation, tasks, and functions quicker and easier. To provide you the appropriate resolution on how to make keyboard shortcuts working on your HP Pavilion, we would like to know more information. Kindly answer the
    questions below:

• Which version and OS build of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press
      Windows key, type winver then, press Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • When you press "Ctrl + Alt + Arrow key", what is your desired result?

Looking forward to your response for further assistance.

Julie Ram, Mar 24, 2023
  4. jonmcc33 Win User

Ctrl, windows, alt key not working

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink Ctrl, windows, alt key not working ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Mar 24, 2023
Thema:

Ctrl, windows, alt key not working

1. Ctrl, windows, alt key not working - Similar Threads - Ctrl alt key

2. CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working: My ctrl, alt and fn keys suddenly stop working. I installed all windows updates, i factory reset the pc, i reinstalled the keyboard driver, i ran this commands in command prompt as administrator;REG DELETE "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout" /V "ScanCode...
  3. CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working: My ctrl, alt and fn keys suddenly stop working. I installed all windows updates, i factory reset the pc, i reinstalled the keyboard driver, i ran this commands in command prompt as administrator;REG DELETE "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout" /V "ScanCode...
  4. CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ctrl, Alt, Windows Key, doesn't seems to work on AZERTY

Ctrl, Alt, Windows Key, doesn't seems to work on AZERTY: I'll try to make by best to relate what append.I'm on Windows 11. I was playing at Minecraft when I suddently realized that I cannot use 3 keys at a time Ctrl + Z + é.I don't remember what I do do I use a Powershell command or not ? but after that I updated my PC with the...
  6. Issues with CTRL- Alt- and the Windows key

Issues with CTRL- Alt- and the Windows key: Hi.I recently started having trouble with my keyboard. My escape key stopped working and so did my CTRL, ALT, And Windows Keys.I figured it might've been due to it being old or damaged from use.I then bought a new keyboard Roccat TKL Pro which has never been used before. It...
  7. Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working

Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working: Version : Windows 10 ProThe problem is I can't use alt + shift to change my input language.I have tried methods like- changing language input hotkey- ctfmon thing- restarting computerand it still doesn't fix my problem.Also my language bar is missing too. I have set it to...
  8. Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working: Hi, Just as the title suggests my shift, ctrl, win alt keys are not working. I have tried turning off sticky keys and other solutions online but the issue remains the same. This the second time it happened, the first time was resolved when I had a BIOS firmware update but now...
  9. Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working

Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working: Hi, Just as the title suggests my shift, ctrl, win alt keys are not working. I have tried turning off sticky keys and other solutions online but the issue remains the same. This the second time it happened, the first time was resolved when I had a BIOS firmware update but now...
  10. specific keys on keyboard not working CTRL, ALT, WINDOWS

specific keys on keyboard not working CTRL, ALT, WINDOWS: my pc is updated to the version 21H1 and I've been facing issues with my keyboard since a few days now. everything works fine except for CTRL WINDOWS and ALT key. but all 3 of those keys work fine on the OKS on screen keyboard. keyboard drivers are updated i tried...