Windows 10: Ctrl windows r

Discus and support Ctrl windows r in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just received TWO calls, back to back from "Comcast Cable" 1-800-934-6489. Said his name was David Walker but had a thick accent and lots of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wildcard Studios, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Ctrl windows r

I just received TWO calls, back to back from "Comcast Cable" 1-800-934-6489. Said his name was David Walker but had a thick accent and lots of background noise. Told me I had security server down and that I had uploaded malicious software to my computer. When I said I hadn't uploaded anything he asked if any lights on my modem were blinking. Of course they were, they always blink (my wifi light). When he told me to hit the windows button along with ctrl r I knew something wasn't right. I'm not very tech savvy but I know hitting any combo with windows and ctrl is a command of some sort. I said I'd call comcast myself and hung up. SOB called me RIGHT back, faster than I would've been able to call comcast. Hung up again and called a friend of mine that actually works at comcast. He checked my account and said all was fine and that it was indeed a scam. He put the alert in at work, hopefully comcast will let their customers know this is BS.

:)

Wildcard Studios, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Both CTRL keys not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Method 1: To check if Ctrl keys work in Onscreen keyboard.

• Press Windows Key + R and type osk and hit Enter.
    Try using Ctrl keys and check if that helps.

if you still face the issue, try Method 2.

Method 2: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Ctrl windows r

CTRL + R REMOVED SHORTCUT

CTRL + R has been replaced by CTRL + Windows Logo Key + R. Not only do I have to use 2 hands to refresh my active window, but it also removes the shortcuts I have in other applications such as Adobe Photoshop! This happened after upgrading to Windows 10

This is a serious problem that I have asked several Microsoft Answer Techs and they don't know and there is no discussion about this. Please help

RaphaelAngoluan, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Ctrl windows r

1. Ctrl windows r - Similar Threads - Ctrl

2. Black screen with cursor what can i do i have tried alt+ctrl+del it is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor what can i do i have tried alt+ctrl+del it is not working: Please i need a solution to my laptop that is blank with cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-cursor-what-can-i-do-i-have/acc9c1ed-d2e7-4361-baaf-283774a3ec61
  3. Black screen with cursor what can i do i have tried alt+ctrl+del it is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor what can i do i have tried alt+ctrl+del it is not working: Please i need a solution to my laptop that is blank with cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-cursor-what-can-i-do-i-have/acc9c1ed-d2e7-4361-baaf-283774a3ec61
  4. Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...: I am writing a complaint that this build 22631.3447 caused problems like Many Apps Freezing so hard, I can't even CTRL+ALT+DEL or Sign Out for a few seconds! this build is a total disaster! I can't stand this issue for much longer, Please get the Microsoft Devs to rectify...
  5. Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...

Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...: I am writing a complaint that this build 22631.3447 caused problems like Many Apps Freezing so hard, I can't even CTRL+ALT+DEL or Sign Out for a few seconds! this build is a total disaster! I can't stand this issue for much longer, Please get the Microsoft Devs to rectify...
  6. My CTRL I italics shortcut is not working randomly. Everything else works fine. Tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My CTRL I italics shortcut is not working randomly. Everything else works fine. Tried...: Hello. A couple of weeks ago, my ctrl i shortcut randomly stopped working. I tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling keyboard drivers, updating keyboard drivers, checked for optional windows updates, and plugging in a different keyboard still doesnt work, and nothing...
  7. My CTRL I italics shortcut is not working randomly. Everything else works fine. Tried...

My CTRL I italics shortcut is not working randomly. Everything else works fine. Tried...: Hello. A couple of weeks ago, my ctrl i shortcut randomly stopped working. I tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling keyboard drivers, updating keyboard drivers, checked for optional windows updates, and plugging in a different keyboard still doesnt work, and nothing...
  8. Both Ctrl Buttons Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Ctrl Buttons Not Working: Yesterday morning on the train it was fine, but in the evening when I got back to the dorm both ctrl keys were not working. I did a test on the keyboard test sites on Google but it doesn't recognize the key. If it was only one of them, I would have thought it was a hardware...
  9. Ctrl+v not working in MS WhiteBoard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+v not working in MS WhiteBoard: That's it, CTRL+V is not working in MS Whiteboard.So I can't put images to work with in my boards, or anything else.I tried to follow these instructions, not...
  10. Ctrl+v not working in MS WhiteBoard

Ctrl+v not working in MS WhiteBoard: That's it, CTRL+V is not working in MS Whiteboard.So I can't put images to work with in my boards, or anything else.I tried to follow these instructions, not...