Windows 10: Ctrl +Z deleted files?

Discus and support Ctrl +Z deleted files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I always used cut and paste files from one location to another. Yesterday when I right clicked randomly I see in the menu "undo" I was curious what it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CrusaderDeusVult95, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Ctrl +Z deleted files?

I always used cut and paste files from one location to another. Yesterday when I right clicked randomly I see in the menu "undo" I was curious what it was, so I clicked on it. Then I realized that my files moved back to C partition from D. I did redo, undo a few times and stuff. One time, I don't know if I did redo or undo, but it said that the files cannot be located in C/downloads anymore therefore it couldn't be moved to D. However, it was not even in D.

Is it deleted or is it possible that Windows moved it to a completely different location?

submitted by /u/CrusaderDeusVult95
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CrusaderDeusVult95, Oct 4, 2020
  2. Byoungjin Win User

'Ctrl+Z deleted file' is an issue again at Windows 10

Hi

I know that 'Ctrl+Z deleted file' was a very hot issue at Win 8 and 8.1.

I don't know it has been solved until nowdays, but

now I really want to announce that this problem happened again at Win 10!!!

I hit 'ctrl+z' repeatedly, and I recognized that my files were deleted without 'any confirm messages'.

My files were really important for me. But reading this community, I concluded that it wouldn't be possible to restore them.

I tested the same situation at Win 7, and the Windows System showed 'the confirm message: Are you sure?'

The test file was 'a copied file'. At Win 10, I hit 'ctrl+z' and I could see the file was removed without any messages.

And I hit 'Ctrl+y', the file looked like restored. But It was just a original file, it didn't contain my modified contents.

I think it is definitely a bug of Windows 10!!

Please fix this problem as soon as possible to prevent that it happen again.

Byoungjin, Oct 4, 2020
  3. NeoLiya Win User
    ctrl + z = my folder got deleted

Hello,

so I accidentally deleted my folder with videos (by pressing ctrl and z), I tried to recover them with "Recuva", but it found only few videos... Are my files lost forever ? T 3 T

NeoLiya, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Ctrl +Z deleted files?

ctrl + z = my folder got deleted

Unfortunately yes, you can try a paid program, but it's no guarantee or a data recovery company. Best practice is just to hit delete not ctrl z as that permanently deletes it. Pressing just the delete button will put it in the recycle bin, when you are
    sure you do not need the deleted files you can empty the bin.

tamara_sadel, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Ctrl +Z deleted files?

1. Ctrl +Z deleted files? - Similar Threads - Ctrl deleted files

2. How to restore files deleted by Ctrl+Z

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore files deleted by Ctrl+Z: I copied files from my phone to the PC. I created a folder on the desktop and started copying them gradually. Each time I copied a certain portion, I immediately deleted it from the mobile. At one point, I wanted to restore some deleted files from the phone using the Ctrl+Z...
  3. How to restore files deleted by Ctrl+Z

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore files deleted by Ctrl+Z: I copied files from my phone to the PC. I created a folder on the desktop and started copying them gradually. Each time I copied a certain portion, I immediately deleted it from the mobile. At one point, I wanted to restore some deleted files from the phone using the Ctrl+Z...
  4. Ctrl z

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl z: I was writing in the notepad and then I clicked ctrl z to undo what I did but instead of retrieving my notes while clicking ctrl z, my notes were all gone.. I need to know how and why it happened ??...
  5. Ctrl z

Ctrl z: I was writing in the notepad and then I clicked ctrl z to undo what I did but instead of retrieving my notes while clicking ctrl z, my notes were all gone.. I need to know how and why it happened ??...
  6. Deleted Files with CTRL+z

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Files with CTRL+z: Hi Guys!Please help me, I lost ,y very very important files in my Desktop Pc with use CTRL+Z, I copied my files on Desktop then For another Reason I Pressed CTRL+Z Without Understanding that Action can deleted my files, then i did my work after 10 minutes i Understood that my...
  7. Deleted Files with CTRL+z

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Files with CTRL+z: Hi Guys!Please help me, I lost ,y very very important files in my Desktop Pc with use CTRL+Z, I copied my files on Desktop then For another Reason I Pressed CTRL+Z Without Understanding that Action can deleted my files, then i did my work after 10 minutes i Understood that my...
  8. Deleted Files with CTRL+z

9. Ctrl+Z deleted many files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ctrl+Z deleted many files: I had a folder full of files I was using for a video. Photoshop files, images, and audio that I was using and spent a lot of time on. I brought some of them over into Premiere from the explorer, and was going back and forth between the explorer and Premiere moving and...
  10. Files deleted permanently for pressing ctrl + z on the wrong window.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files deleted permanently for pressing ctrl + z on the wrong window.: So I was ironically trying to make a back up of my android phone as it has a lot of important pictures. I made a new folder on desktop and went to the folder on my android selected everything and then moved them to the new folder on my PC. I decided to undo the move, so I...