Windows 10: Ctrl + Z erased data

Discus and support Ctrl + Z erased data in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was working on editing together a compilation of clips of me and my friends. When I went to get a new clip to add to the editing software, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LegitaM8BoX, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Ctrl + Z erased data

I was working on editing together a compilation of clips of me and my friends. When I went to get a new clip to add to the editing software, I accidentally dragged a video into another folder. I thought "no big deal" and just hit undo. The issue is, it deleted the folder and its contents. I checked the recycle bin and it wasn't there. I checked everywhere I could think to check and it was gone. Tried the redo shortcut, but that only brought the folder back. not its contents. Tried to restore the folder, but it said there was nothing to restore it to. I tried all that I could before contacting

:)

LegitaM8BoX, Dec 23, 2021

2. 2020 and ctrl-z problem deleting folders continues

Ctrl+Z will undo the previous action, e.g.

• When you insert a text into a Word document then Ctrl+Z will undo the insertion.
    • When you create a formula in a spreadsheet then Ctrl+Z will remove the formula.

It seems you expect Ctrl+Z to ask the user whether he really wants to undo the most recent action. This would constitute a major change of philosophy.

Frederik Long, Dec 23, 2021
  3. Ctrl+C,Ctrl+V,Ctrl+Z not working

Hi Community,

-From last couple of days I am unable to used Ctrl+C,V,Z commands but able to use Ctrl+A,S commands.

-I have tried to check driver updates,uninstalled device,used SFC /SCANNOW and later rebooted my device but of no use.

-Please suggest a solution.

Chetan Deshpande, Dec 23, 2021
  4. _Roach Win User

Ctrl + Z erased data

Ctrl+Z not working in any application Windows 10

Ctrl+Z (undo) doesn't work in any application. I.E., doesn't work in ms paint, notepad, etc.

I don't think it's a hardware issue because ctrl+c etc work, just ctrl+z doesn't work. Also, I was able to manually use Ctrl+Z as shortcuts in other applications. I tried making Ctrl+Z the shortcut for GeForce Experience Overlay and it worked fine.

Any suggestions on how to find which application might be hijacking ctrl+z?

Could it be a registry issue?

Did this hotkey lose priority somehow?

I tried starting in safe mode / clean boot and it didn't help.

_Roach, Dec 23, 2021
Thema:

Ctrl + Z erased data

1. Ctrl + Z erased data - Similar Threads - Ctrl erased data

2. HOW TO RETREIVE DATA AFTER HITTING CTRL Z

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO RETREIVE DATA AFTER HITTING CTRL Z: HOW TO RETREIVE DATA AFTER HITTING CTRL Z https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retreive-data-after-hitting-ctrl-z/72d68254-6671-4c1c-8ccb-cf7ca1154996
  3. HOW TO RETREIVE DATA AFTER HITTING CTRL Z

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO RETREIVE DATA AFTER HITTING CTRL Z: HOW TO RETREIVE DATA AFTER HITTING CTRL Z https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retreive-data-after-hitting-ctrl-z/72d68254-6671-4c1c-8ccb-cf7ca1154996
  4. How to recover files erased by ctrl+Z

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover files erased by ctrl+Z: I cut and pasted some pictures from my phone to my hard drive. Then I started working on something else and pressed ctrl+Z a few times, carelessly. Only afterwards did I realize that by pressing ctrl+Z too many times, the pictures that I had pasted got erased, because it...
  5. How to recover files erased by ctrl+Z

How to recover files erased by ctrl+Z: I cut and pasted some pictures from my phone to my hard drive. Then I started working on something else and pressed ctrl+Z a few times, carelessly. Only afterwards did I realize that by pressing ctrl+Z too many times, the pictures that I had pasted got erased, because it...
  6. Ctrl z

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl z: I was writing in the notepad and then I clicked ctrl z to undo what I did but instead of retrieving my notes while clicking ctrl z, my notes were all gone.. I need to know how and why it happened ??...
  7. Ctrl z

Ctrl z: I was writing in the notepad and then I clicked ctrl z to undo what I did but instead of retrieving my notes while clicking ctrl z, my notes were all gone.. I need to know how and why it happened ??...
  8. Ctrl + Z erased data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + Z erased data: I was working on editing together a compilation of clips of me and my friends. When I went to get a new clip to add to the editing software, I accidentally dragged a video into another folder. I thought "no big deal" and just hit undo. The issue is, it deleted the folder and...
  9. Ctrl + Z erased data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ctrl + Z erased data: I was working on editing together a compilation of clips of me and my friends. When I went to get a new clip to add to the editing software, I accidentally dragged a video into another folder. I thought "no big deal" and just hit undo. The issue is, it deleted the folder and...
  10. Ctrl+Z bug

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl+Z bug: Good Day, I have this Ctrl + Z bug where it freezes my application whenever i click this 2 keys. I tried it in Chrome, Paint, Notepad, VS Code etc. Same behaviour for any application that is able to do a Ctrl + Z undo. I have also tried using the On-Screen Keyboard to do a...