Windows 10: Ctrl+z not working

Discus and support Ctrl+z not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My shortcut keys are not working (including undo paste and copy) please help me I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard from device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chickencurrybangs, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Ctrl+z not working

My shortcut keys are not working (including undo paste and copy) please help me I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard from device manager and I still can't figure it out

submitted by /u/chickencurrybangs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chickencurrybangs, Aug 17, 2020
  2. _Roach Win User

Ctrl+Z not working in any application Windows 10

Ctrl+Z (undo) doesn't work in any application. I.E., doesn't work in ms paint, notepad, etc.

I don't think it's a hardware issue because ctrl+c etc work, just ctrl+z doesn't work. Also, I was able to manually use Ctrl+Z as shortcuts in other applications. I tried making Ctrl+Z the shortcut for GeForce Experience Overlay and it worked fine.

Any suggestions on how to find which application might be hijacking ctrl+z?

Could it be a registry issue?

Did this hotkey lose priority somehow?

I tried starting in safe mode / clean boot and it didn't help.

_Roach, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Ctrl+C,Ctrl+V,Ctrl+Z not working

Hi Community,

-From last couple of days I am unable to used Ctrl+C,V,Z commands but able to use Ctrl+A,S commands.

-I have tried to check driver updates,uninstalled device,used SFC /SCANNOW and later rebooted my device but of no use.

-Please suggest a solution.

Chetan Deshpande, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Ctrl+z not working

Ctrl z and Ctrl a not working.

I found out that Skype had Ctrl z and Ctrl a as hotkeys and so that's why they could not be used.

Thank you for your help, without you I'd still have this problem.

Exploding_Potato, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Ctrl+z not working

1. Ctrl+z not working - Similar Threads - Ctrl+z working

2. CTRL - Z UNDO does not work system wide due to an app called snap camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL - Z UNDO does not work system wide due to an app called snap camera: I have the same problem as this person https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-z-not-working-system-wide/01f5274f-3f16-4f1f-8bf7-e911ba5ce034I have already tried to reinstall keyboard drivers but now Im trying to use Windows Power Toys to remap keys but...
  3. CTRL - Z UNDO does not work system wide due to an app called snap camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CTRL - Z UNDO does not work system wide due to an app called snap camera: I have the same problem as this person https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-z-not-working-system-wide/01f5274f-3f16-4f1f-8bf7-e911ba5ce034I have already tried to reinstall keyboard drivers but now Im trying to use Windows Power Toys to remap keys but...
  4. Ctrl-A, Ctrl-Z and Ctrl-E are not working on Windows 11 for some reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl-A, Ctrl-Z and Ctrl-E are not working on Windows 11 for some reason: As the title suggests, I can't use Ctrl-A Z or E with my left Ctrl button even though all of my keys work perfectly well individually. Those 3 commands also work perfectly well with my right Ctrl button, even though it's particularly inconvenient to use it.I checked around...
  5. Ctrl-A, Ctrl-Z and Ctrl-E are not working on Windows 11 for some reason

Ctrl-A, Ctrl-Z and Ctrl-E are not working on Windows 11 for some reason: As the title suggests, I can't use Ctrl-A Z or E with my left Ctrl button even though all of my keys work perfectly well individually. Those 3 commands also work perfectly well with my right Ctrl button, even though it's particularly inconvenient to use it.I checked around...
  6. z,x &ctrl keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    z,x &ctrl keys not working: Z, X, and Ctrl don't work unless I'm pressing another key. Ctrl won't work unless I press the key twice.For example I have to do Ctrl + C twice in attempting to copy something. It writes c the first time and then copies anything if possible.Ctrl + v won't paste unless you...
  7. z,x & ctrl Keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    z,x & ctrl Keys not working: Z, X, and Ctrl don't work unless I'm pressing another key. Ctrl won't work unless I press the key twice.For example I have to do Ctrl + C twice in attempting to copy something. It writes c the first time and then copies anything if possible.Ctrl + v won't paste unless you...
  8. z,x &ctrl keys not working

z,x &ctrl keys not working: Z, X, and Ctrl don't work unless I'm pressing another key. Ctrl won't work unless I press the key twice.For example I have to do Ctrl + C twice in attempting to copy something. It writes c the first time and then copies anything if possible.Ctrl + v won't paste unless you...
  9. z,x & ctrl Keys not working

z,x & ctrl Keys not working: Z, X, and Ctrl don't work unless I'm pressing another key. Ctrl won't work unless I press the key twice.For example I have to do Ctrl + C twice in attempting to copy something. It writes c the first time and then copies anything if possible.Ctrl + v won't paste unless you...
  10. Ctrl+Z not working properly

Ctrl+Z not working properly: In excel, when I press ctrl+z, instead of undo it will go to the top of the page and delete a random cell. At this point there is no restoring what it just did. The undo and redo buttons are grayed out. This happens no matter which file I have open. If I manually press the...