Windows 10: ctrl+z undo doesn't work system wide. Is there a solution to this?

Discus and support ctrl+z undo doesn't work system wide. Is there a solution to this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been searching google with no luck, so i decided to turn to reddit to see if anyone knew how to fix this mess. submitted by /u/TobiasNH [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TobiasNH, Oct 11, 2020.

1. ctrl+z undo doesn't work system wide. Is there a solution to this?

I've been searching google with no luck, so i decided to turn to reddit to see if anyone knew how to fix this mess.

submitted by /u/TobiasNH
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TobiasNH, Oct 11, 2020
  2. gurs Win User

Control-Z Not Working System-Wide

My Control-Z shortcut for undo stopped working a few weeks ago. It doesn't work in any application or on the desktop. To be clear, the Undo function still works fine if selected from the menu or shortcut, but the keyboard combo CTRL-Z does nothing. All
    other keyboard shortcuts that I generally use (and I use a lot of them) still work fine, like CTRL-A, CTRL-C, CTRL-V, CTRL-W, CTRL-S, etc. To my knowledge, no other program on the computer uses CTRL-Z as a shortcut or hotkey. I have been using this PC for
    over a year and CTRL-Z worked fine until a few weeks ago.

I am unaware of any specific software installs or system updates that presaged this problem. I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 OS build 17763.379, fully updated as of this morning, with US English as the only installed language. Finally, this seems
    unlikely to be a system resource issue, since the PC is running a quad-core i7-6700K CPU @ 4GHz with 32 GB of RAM and has been rebooted multiple times.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

3. loll0llol Win User
    Undo and Redo Shortcuts (Ctrl Z and Ctrl Y)

Hello,

As the title says, I'm not sure how and when the issue started but it was noticed recently. It affects the windows system as a whole as well as all application software. I tried the suggested solution in this link (Control-Z Not Working System-Wide)
    but nothing was resolved.

Help is appreciated. Thanks

loll0llol, Oct 11, 2020
  4. gurs Win User

ctrl+z undo doesn't work system wide. Is there a solution to this?

Control-Z Not Working System-Wide

Thank you @StefanoTamiotti and @Vijay_Verma
    for your replies. The good news is that my problem has been resolved! The bad news is that I have no idea how or why, or who to credit with the answer.

I started by running an SFC scan, and got a clean bill of health ("Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"). Then I tried the online keyboard tester, which showed that my Z key and Control key were both working fine. Then I tried
    to use CTRL-Z using the on-screen keyboard, which I figured would not work since it appeared that my hardware keys were working fine. But surprisingly, the OSK triggered undo just fine. So then, thoroughly confused, I tried CTRL-Z using my physical keyboard,
    and it also worked fine!

So somehow, one of those steps solved the problem, but I have no idea which one. Thank you both for your quick replies and suggestions!

Thema:

ctrl+z undo doesn't work system wide. Is there a solution to this?

1. ctrl+z undo doesn't work system wide. Is there a solution to this? - Similar Threads - ctrl+z undo doesn't

2. CTRL - Z UNDO does not work system wide due to an app called snap camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL - Z UNDO does not work system wide due to an app called snap camera: I have the same problem as this person https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-z-not-working-system-wide/01f5274f-3f16-4f1f-8bf7-e911ba5ce034I have already tried to reinstall keyboard drivers but now Im trying to use Windows Power Toys to remap keys but...
  3. CTRL - Z UNDO does not work system wide due to an app called snap camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CTRL - Z UNDO does not work system wide due to an app called snap camera: I have the same problem as this person https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-z-not-working-system-wide/01f5274f-3f16-4f1f-8bf7-e911ba5ce034I have already tried to reinstall keyboard drivers but now Im trying to use Windows Power Toys to remap keys but...
  4. Ctrl + Shift + P not working system-wide?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ctrl + Shift + P not working system-wide?: Does anyone know why this might be the case? I first noticed it in Adobe Illustrator a while ago and thought Illustrator was bugged out or something. And now I've just come across another program that requires Crtl + Shift + P to do something and it does nothing, which made...
  5. Ctrl+z (undo) function doesn't work on Sticky Note all of a sudden.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ctrl+z (undo) function doesn't work on Sticky Note all of a sudden.: Ctrl+z does nothing and right click menu's undo look greyed out. Anyone knows why this is happening? submitted by /u/notakarmagun [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktp40e/ctrlz_undo_function_doesnt_work_on_sticky_note/
  6. Undo and Redo Shortcuts Ctrl Z and Ctrl Y NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Undo and Redo Shortcuts Ctrl Z and Ctrl Y NOT WORKING: Hello, As the title says, I'm not sure how and when the issue started but it was noticed recently. It affects the windows system as a whole as well as all application software. Help is appreciated. Thanks...
  7. Undo and Redo Shortcuts Ctrl Z and Ctrl Y

Undo and Redo Shortcuts Ctrl Z and Ctrl Y: Hello, As the title says, I'm not sure how and when the issue started but it was noticed recently. It affects the windows system as a whole as well as all application software. Help is appreciated. Thanks...
  8. Undo and Redo Shortcuts Ctrl Z and Ctrl Y

in Windows 10 Customization
    Undo and Redo Shortcuts Ctrl Z and Ctrl Y: Hello, As the title says, I'm not sure how and when the issue started but it was noticed recently. It affects the windows system as a whole as well as all application software. I tried the suggested solution in this link...
  9. Control-Z Not Working System-Wide

Control-Z Not Working System-Wide: My Control-Z shortcut for undo stopped working a few weeks ago. It doesn't work in any application or on the desktop. To be clear, the Undo function still works fine if selected from the menu or shortcut, but the keyboard combo CTRL-Z does nothing. All other keyboard...
  10. CTRL-Z undo or disappear files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CTRL-Z undo or disappear files.: Good day all Windows 10 seem to create a big issue for users. I cut some photos from my mobile's memory card to my laptop. I put them in a new file and then resized them. Because of a wrong setting I created copies of the original photos in the same file. Pressing CTRL-Z...