Windows 10: Ctrl z

Discus and support Ctrl z in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was writing in the notepad and then I clicked ctrl z to undo what I did but instead of retrieving my notes while clicking ctrl z, my notes were all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shine27x, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Shine27x Win User

Ctrl z

I was writing in the notepad and then I clicked ctrl z to undo what I did but instead of retrieving my notes while clicking ctrl z, my notes were all gone.. I need to know how and why it happened ??

:)

Shine27x, Mar 16, 2022

2. 2020 and ctrl-z problem deleting folders continues

Ctrl+Z will undo the previous action, e.g.

• When you insert a text into a Word document then Ctrl+Z will undo the insertion.
    • When you create a formula in a spreadsheet then Ctrl+Z will remove the formula.

It seems you expect Ctrl+Z to ask the user whether he really wants to undo the most recent action. This would constitute a major change of philosophy.

Frederik Long, Mar 16, 2022
  3. Ctrl+C,Ctrl+V,Ctrl+Z not working

Hi Community,

-From last couple of days I am unable to used Ctrl+C,V,Z commands but able to use Ctrl+A,S commands.

-I have tried to check driver updates,uninstalled device,used SFC /SCANNOW and later rebooted my device but of no use.

-Please suggest a solution.

Chetan Deshpande, Mar 16, 2022
  4. _Roach Win User

Ctrl z

Ctrl+Z not working in any application Windows 10

Ctrl+Z (undo) doesn't work in any application. I.E., doesn't work in ms paint, notepad, etc.

I don't think it's a hardware issue because ctrl+c etc work, just ctrl+z doesn't work. Also, I was able to manually use Ctrl+Z as shortcuts in other applications. I tried making Ctrl+Z the shortcut for GeForce Experience Overlay and it worked fine.

Any suggestions on how to find which application might be hijacking ctrl+z?

Could it be a registry issue?

Did this hotkey lose priority somehow?

I tried starting in safe mode / clean boot and it didn't help.

_Roach, Mar 16, 2022
Thema:

Ctrl z

1. Ctrl z - Similar Threads - Ctrl

2. Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...: I am writing a complaint that this build 22631.3447 caused problems like Many Apps Freezing so hard, I can't even CTRL+ALT+DEL or Sign Out for a few seconds! this build is a total disaster! I can't stand this issue for much longer, Please get the Microsoft Devs to rectify...
  3. Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...: I am writing a complaint that this build 22631.3447 caused problems like Many Apps Freezing so hard, I can't even CTRL+ALT+DEL or Sign Out for a few seconds! this build is a total disaster! I can't stand this issue for much longer, Please get the Microsoft Devs to rectify...
  4. My CTRL I italics shortcut is not working randomly. Everything else works fine. Tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My CTRL I italics shortcut is not working randomly. Everything else works fine. Tried...: Hello. A couple of weeks ago, my ctrl i shortcut randomly stopped working. I tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling keyboard drivers, updating keyboard drivers, checked for optional windows updates, and plugging in a different keyboard still doesnt work, and nothing...
  5. My CTRL I italics shortcut is not working randomly. Everything else works fine. Tried...

My CTRL I italics shortcut is not working randomly. Everything else works fine. Tried...: Hello. A couple of weeks ago, my ctrl i shortcut randomly stopped working. I tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling keyboard drivers, updating keyboard drivers, checked for optional windows updates, and plugging in a different keyboard still doesnt work, and nothing...
  6. Both Ctrl Buttons Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Ctrl Buttons Not Working: Yesterday morning on the train it was fine, but in the evening when I got back to the dorm both ctrl keys were not working. I did a test on the keyboard test sites on Google but it doesn't recognize the key. If it was only one of them, I would have thought it was a hardware...
  7. Ctrl+v not working in MS WhiteBoard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+v not working in MS WhiteBoard: That's it, CTRL+V is not working in MS Whiteboard.So I can't put images to work with in my boards, or anything else.I tried to follow these instructions, not...
  8. Ctrl+v not working in MS WhiteBoard

Ctrl+v not working in MS WhiteBoard: That's it, CTRL+V is not working in MS Whiteboard.So I can't put images to work with in my boards, or anything else.I tried to follow these instructions, not...
  9. Why are my Ctrl, Windows button, and Alt keys not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my Ctrl, Windows button, and Alt keys not working?: Every other key works except for those mentioned in the question above. Has anyone else experienced this issue and how do I solve it? My keyboard is perfectly fine since I tried switching with another and the keys didn't work there either....
  10. Why are my Ctrl, Windows button, and Alt keys not working?

Why are my Ctrl, Windows button, and Alt keys not working?: Every other key works except for those mentioned in the question above. Has anyone else experienced this issue and how do I solve it? My keyboard is perfectly fine since I tried switching with another and the keys didn't work there either....