Windows 10: CU and the start button again

Discus and support CU and the start button again in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I thought my start button problem was fixed, at least it seemed to fix itself weeks ago and started working, now it has started again and this time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wood, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Wood Win User

CU and the start button again

I thought my start button problem was fixed, at least it seemed to fix itself weeks ago and started working, now it has started again and this time I had to manually reboot computer.
    Has any headway been made about this problem that CU seems to have caused.

:)

2. Adapter3 Win User

Broken Home/Start Button WIN 10

the start / home button menu wont show up it dosent lode. i downloded win 10 from windows site cus i did´t wana wait for it.

Adapter3, Jul 22, 2017
  3. I don't want Windows 10 Creators Update

The problem is CU has too many bugs at this point. I installed CU on 4 computers & only 1 of the computers is still on CU. If you have a new computer(less then 2 years old) you should be OK, but any older computers will have nothing but issues. I have
    since started moving computers to Linux & think this will be my future. Funny going from Unix to Windows to Linux, back to command lines, what is old is new again!

StevenAnderson111, Jul 22, 2017
Thema:

CU and the start button again

1. CU and the start button again - Similar Threads - start button again

2. Start button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button: when I close out of whatever app I am in, rather than seeing the desktop, I am treated to what looks similar to the start screen even though full-screen start is off. this page seems to be titled "pinned apps", and behind it I can see my desktop pic, but not the desktop...
  3. Start button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start button: Start button does not show program list or power down options. Can you assist please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button/2c337b41-0aa1-40cc-82d7-2c4bf4f35ac4
  4. start button

start button: I lost my original screen that was a custom-setup for my programs that I use. Is there a way to get the original start screen back? The way it came from the software company? thank you....
  5. Start Menu Button not working again

Start Menu Button not working again: The only thing that seems to work is to reset the machine. All the other troubleshooting steps are not working. Right click works, left click does not, none of the icons works. Come on Microsoft fix this already, its been an issue for years, and resetting computers in a...
  6. Start button right-click does not work (again)..

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button right-click does not work (again)..: Dear All, I presume some of you are familiar with the start button right click failure. I run Windows 2004, version 20175.1000 (pre-release 200717.1349). The failure of the right-click to work on the start button is an issue I've faced a few times. I have already visited...
  7. Win10 1709 - December 11th CU Patch Breaks Settings Button in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 1709 - December 11th CU Patch Breaks Settings Button in Start Menu: After installing the KB4471329 yesterday, I found the Setting gear inside the Start Menu no longer does anything. I am able to launch Settings from the All Settings button down by the clock, but that's it. I've run the following commands in an attempt to get it to work:...
  8. Start Button

Start Button: my start button will not display any programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/start-button/1e6f2289-fdaf-4fa0-b9eb-347dc509f1fa
  9. Start button

Start button: The start key has stopped working (the one that looks like a window), how do I fix this. I can't access any of my apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/start-button/a3d0a83e-ea63-47ea-a90e-1260d1e16c1f
  10. CU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CU: Anyway to go back to the CU? 95942