Windows 10: CU update -- REGEDIT not working properly !!!!

Discus and support CU update -- REGEDIT not working properly !!!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there I have a folder / key in Regedit that I want to delete -- have given all privileges Exit regedit enter regedit again -- previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, May 12, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

CU update -- REGEDIT not working properly !!!!

Hi there

I have a folder / key in Regedit that I want to delete -- have given all privileges

Exit regedit

enter regedit again -- previous entry STILL in the registry -- same after reboot/

How do I SAVE changes -- if this tool is broken then that has to be a mega showstopper --what am I doing wrong here !!!!!!

cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 12, 2017
  2. vorob Win User

Windows Store is not working properly in Win 10 CU

Downloaded Windows CU setup and ran it once again. Installed "windows into windows" and it helped.

Nothing is lost, my win32 apps, my win store app, all settings, everything in its place and is now working once again.

vorob, May 12, 2017
  3. Windows Store is not working properly in Win 10 CU

Hi,

Please try these ways:

RESET WINDOWS STORE CACHE

• Right-click the Start button and choose Run
      to open the Run window
    • In the Run window, type in WSReset.exe and click OK
    • When the reset is complete, this window will close and the Store window will open
    RESET "WINDOWS STORE" APP

• Open Settings > System > Apps & features
    • In the list on the right, look for "Store"
    • Once you've found it, click on that item and then click Advanced options
    • In the window that opens, click Reset
    • Reboot your PC

RUN SYSTEM FILE CHECKER (SFC)

CREATE A NEW USER ACCOUNT

• Create a local user account in Windows 10
    • Once you've created it, click on the new account profile > Change account type > Choose "Administrator" and click
      OK
    • Login into the new account and the problem should be fixed there
    Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alby

Alberto Giura (AlbyTech), May 12, 2017
  4. shimshom Win User

Does the key have any sub keys as sometimes you need to take ownership of each of them. You can use RegOwnershipEx from the Winaero site to make taking ownership quicker RegOwnershipEx just right click the key or sub key and copy the path then paste it into RegOwnershipEx and press the Take Ownership button

shimshom, May 12, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    What key is it?
    If its software related, it may just keep getting re-created every time you open the Registry.

Edwin, May 12, 2017
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

@Edwin

it's this one

CU update -- REGEDIT not working properly !!!! [​IMG]

I've done all the whole ritual -- even deleting every individual key all the way up the chain. There's no HP printer software on the machine either as far as I can see. All perfectly uninstalled and ZILLIONS of re-boots !!!.

Probably time for a Windows re-install -- seems bonkers to do that just for a stinking cheap 40 EUR printer !!!!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 12, 2017
  7. WOT
    WOT Win User
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there
    @WOT

did all that stuff to no avail -- that's why I posted this one - because the REGISTRY doesn't get saved and that's BAD !!!!!!! - especially from an admin account.

Anyway Given up the Ghost on this one --spent far too much time on it already.

Going to local "Boozer" now to watch some English Football (i.e the game with the proper ROUND BALL !!).

Restoring old W10 version of Windows -- will need a few updates and making myself a new rule -- NEVER EVER BUY AN HP PRINTER !!!!!!!!! or if you do don't run it on W10.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 12, 2017
  9. Try this: After disabling inheritance and removing all keys and subkeys, remove all users from root folder:

TairikuOkami, May 12, 2017
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    thanks for suggestion - but already tried that too.

As I said I've given up on this -- I just restored an old version of Windows and did the updates -- I've mega fast internet so downloading a few GB isn't a problem.

I might if I've got time revisit this at a future time --I've got an image of the defective Windows system -- there's no way that a hardware device that's been removed etc should re-appear after being as far as humanly possible wiped from the system - and I'm sure it wasn't a virus --but these days who knows under what masquerades Viruses or malware hide themselves under.

I might on Monday give the image to a friend in the I.T dept of the place I'm doing a current gig and see what he makes of it. !!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. CU update -- REGEDIT not working properly !!!! - Similar Threads - update REGEDIT working

2. Regedit & cmd not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regedit & cmd not working: So I had a problem in which an app wouldn’t work without something from the Microsoft store. So I had watched a video saying to change my exefiles to application. Once I did this I Reseted my computer and now everytime I try to open up an app like chrome it says this “This...
  3. Regedit & cmd not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regedit & cmd not working: So I had a problem in which an app wouldn’t work without something from the Microsoft store. So I had watched a video saying to change my exefiles to application. Once I did this I Reseted my computer and now everytime I try to open up an app like chrome it says this “This...
  4. Regedit & cmd not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Update & Security not working properly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update & Security not working properly.: According to SETTING/ABOUT I am running Widows 10 Home Version 2004 OS 19041.985 Experience pack 120.2212.2020.0 which was loaded 0n 20/10/20. I cannot remember if I have tried to check for outstanding updates since then, but when I run the software to check for updates it...
  6. Updating Regedit \ ... error ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updating Regedit \ ... error ?: When updating the regedit \ ... since a week found it wont' be allowed and error ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-regedit-error/faa47efc-2cdf-4b27-845a-52e1019897e8
  7. Windows Update is not working properly

Windows Update is not working properly: Please help me: Click me if you want to help me and know what the problem is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-is-not-working-properly/dc775f61-2ead-429a-bd01-6a9f674a0f22
  8. RegEdit Not Working, FlipFlopWheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    RegEdit Not Working, FlipFlopWheel: I want to reverse the scroll direction on my mouse, and I did the usual in the Registry Editor, and changed FlipFlopWheel to a value of 1. It worked fine. About every week or so, I boot up, and the scroll direction is reversed again. I go back into the editor, and...
  9. windows update not working properly

windows update not working properly: There is some problem my windows updates are stuck at some point. Here is a screenshot.[ATTACH] What should I do to be able to update windows.Manually I tried many times but it gets stuck at this point....
  10. Save CU update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Save CU update?: Can I just download the CU update and not install it but save it to a file? 82448