Windows 10: Cumulative June Update Corrupted BCD on SSD. Any fix?

Discus and support Cumulative June Update Corrupted BCD on SSD. Any fix? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. This is a lot of information and I apologize in advance for that but I feel like too much is better than too little. Ive been limping an old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by obesechess, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Cumulative June Update Corrupted BCD on SSD. Any fix?

Hi all. This is a lot of information and I apologize in advance for that but I feel like too much is better than too little. Ive been limping an old computer along for a while for budgetary reasons and the most recent Windows update appears to have bricked it. This is a custom I built years ago. Core i5 3570k and a gigabyte z77-d3h motherboard. After I clicked update and shut down, the computer rebooted itself and gave me the error Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device. I went into the BIOS and the boot order was wrong - the order started with my hard drive that only had music and movies on it, the SSD had been totally removed from the list, etc - so I set it to boot from the SSD as normal. I ran into the same error. I unplugged all other drives and peripherals and did it again. Same error. I reset the BIOS to factory settings. Same error. I found my Windows 10 install DVD and tried to boot from the disk after selecting repair my computer - this gave me a disk read error. When I try to boot from the install disk, I only get the options to troubleshoot or shut down. Here are my options in the Troubleshoot menu, the only one I have, and what happens when I click them. 1. System Restore: To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then select System Restore. 2. Command Prompt: Opens the Command Prompt. 3. System Image Recovery: Windows cannot find a system image on this computer. Attach the backup hard disk or insert the final dvd from a backup set and click Retry. Alternatively, close this dialog for more options. I am pretty good about making new system images, I think I made one a few weeks ago before I moved, but it cant find any of them, even if I plug the drives back in. 4. UEFI Firmware Settings: Restart to change firmware settings. 5. Startup Repair: Puts the computer into a reboot loop and gives me a disk read error. 6. Go back to the previous build: we ran into a problem and wont be able to take you back to the previous build. Try resetting your current build instead (Troubleshoot > Reset this PC). I do not have a reset this pc option. I have only been able to get into the command prompt. It is telling me I only have a windows installation on my F:/. This is my SSD, so that makes sense. When I go into DISKPART and type list volume the F:/ is labeled as an NFTS partition of Volume 2 and has a status of healthy. and running /bootrec fixboot gives me element not found. So that was all last night. This morning, after leaving it alone for a night, I booted up the computer and was greeted with an operating system wasnt found. I tried everything in this support article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...9-336f3888906b which didnt fix the problem, but changed it - I started getting an error saying File: Boot\BCD was in status 0xc000000f, the boot configuration data for your pc is incomplete or contains errors. I stumbled onto this thread and tried all this: Bootrec /rebuildbcd gives "Element not found." With no changes. What should I try next? I am completely stumped. I would rather not do a fresh install and lose everything as I was planning to build a new pc soon anyway, just, you know. Not RIGHT NOW. Thanks in advance.

:)

obesechess, Jun 19, 2021

2. Error code 0xc000000f, BCD corrupted

Hi Andre,

As per the description, I suggest that you follow the steps below to fix BCD

1. Right click on the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin)

2. Here type/paste the commands listed below

Bootrec /fixMBR

Bootrec /fixBoot

Bootrec /RebuildBcd

3. Once done restart the PC and check.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    June 2016 Cumulative Update impacted my Desktop

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to uninstall the Cumulative update and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Go to control panel, then click on
      Programs and Features.

• Tap on View installed updates, then find the update.

• Right click on the update and uninstall the update.

And also you can temporarily disable the
    Cumulative update.

Refer the link below.

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Ghost363 Win User

Cumulative June Update Corrupted BCD on SSD. Any fix?

bcd corruption

if the bcd is corrupted then can it be fixed using cmd ? does rebuild work every time? or is it like a 50/50 thing? ( i just wanted to know the chances for it to work )

Ghost363, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Cumulative June Update Corrupted BCD on SSD. Any fix?

1. Cumulative June Update Corrupted BCD on SSD. Any fix? - Similar Threads - Cumulative June Update

2. Windows 21H2 Update Causing BCD Corruption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 21H2 Update Causing BCD Corruption: Hi MS Community, it's been a long day. I work for an organization and we're running into a big issue with all of our devices. Our devices ranges from mini-PC's to laptops. We have different service centers all across the state. We have many remote users. We have more than...
  3. Windows 21H2 Update Causing BCD Corruption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 21H2 Update Causing BCD Corruption: Hi MS Community, it's been a long day. I work for an organization and we're running into a big issue with all of our devices. Our devices ranges from mini-PC's to laptops. We have different service centers all across the state. We have many remote users. We have more than...
  4. Windows 21H2 Update Causing BCD Corruption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. June 2021 Cumulative Update Bricked my SSD - What Now?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    June 2021 Cumulative Update Bricked my SSD - What Now?: Hello!I’ve been limping an old computer along for a while for budgetary reasons and the most recent Windows update appears to have bricked it. Initially, instead of shutting down, it rebooted and said “Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device.”I went into the BIOS and all of the...
  6. Cumulative updates June 2021

Cumulative updates June 2021: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on June 8th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. Windows 10 version 2004, version 20H2 and version 21H1 KB5003637 -, Build 19041.1052, 19042.1052 and 19043.1052. For information about Windows update...
  7. Cumulative update June 9, 2020

Cumulative update June 9, 2020: After installing the June 9th cumulative update the Lenovo T580 does not see the audio jack in our docking port. Tried troubleshoot but it just says audio speaker is unplugged. Restarted laptop, unplugged and plugged back in both USB-C connection to dock and the speaker jack...
  8. Cumulative updates - June 9th 2020

Cumulative updates - June 9th 2020: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on May 12th, 2020 for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. Windows 10 2004 -KB4557957 Build 19041.329 Windows 10 1903 and 1909 - KB4560960, Build No 18362.900 and 18363.900 Windows 10 1809- KB4561608, OS...
  9. bcd corruption

bcd corruption: if the bcd is corrupted then can it be fixed using cmd ? does rebuild work every time? or is it like a 50/50 thing? i just wanted to know the chances for it to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bcd-corruption/85c0b00f-ddd5-4a91-bca2-bcea912f4f77
  10. Corrupt registry and BCD problems.

Corrupt registry and BCD problems.: This morning, i went to work on a program i am building and i found that my enviroment path had been deleted again. (This **** has happened more times then i can count). The last time it happened i setup a task to back up my entire registry every saturday. I went into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 20h2 reboot corrupt bcd