Windows 10: Cumulative Update 12-12 & Samsung M.2 970 EVO Plus BSOD " INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE "

Discus and support Cumulative Update 12-12 & Samsung M.2 970 EVO Plus BSOD " INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE " in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I have a Z390 motherboard and an M.2 970 Pro Plus 250GB on-board drive for Windows 10, which I have multiple images of the OS from various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Big.Al.V, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Big.Al.V Win User

Cumulative Update 12-12 & Samsung M.2 970 EVO Plus BSOD " INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE "

Hello. I have a Z390 motherboard and an M.2 970 Pro Plus 250GB on-board drive for Windows 10, which I have multiple images of the OS from various dates. Over the past three days I've been getting random "inaccessible boot device" upon a reboot, just booting up or if I were to turn off my surge protector and then power everything back on. Luckily I have an image of the drive so I just re-image it and it works great for a while. I can even reboot without issues. But I still have the "inaccessible boot device" problem. Then the ball just keeps spinning until I get the boot device BSOD. After quite a bit of research I found that the M.2 drive itself might be culprit, even though it's only one year old. So what's going on with this BSOD Mr. Gates' Team?​

:)

Big.Al.V, Dec 14, 2019
  2. Brink Win User
  3. EdTittel Win User
    Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs

Les Tokar, over at TheSSDReview.com does a great job of keeping up with new developments in this space. Not surprisingly, he's got reviews of the new Samsung devices up and ready for perusal. I know what I'm buying for my next build, for sure!

Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD Review (500GB/1TB) Evo Becomes a Top Tier SSD | The SSD Review
    Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVMe SSD Review (1TB) The Cost of Being The Worlds Best | The SSD Review

Check 'em out: he's got all the "speeds and feeds" for read/write/IOPs and so forth.

--Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Cumulative Update 12-12 & Samsung M.2 970 EVO Plus BSOD " INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE "

Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs

Source: https://news.samsung.com/global/sams...70-pro-and-evo

See also:

Order *Arrow SSD 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7P512BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 PRO NVMe M.2 1TB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7P1T0BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E250BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E500BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 1TB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E1T0BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 2TB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E2T0BW | Samsung US

Brink, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Cumulative Update 12-12 & Samsung M.2 970 EVO Plus BSOD " INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE " - Similar Threads - Cumulative Update Samsung

2. SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS: Hello, I just recently built my computer and it has been working fine for around 3 to 4 months but now my SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 has stoped working and from what I have been told the controller or something along those lines might have busted was defective from...
  3. SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS: Hello, I just recently built my computer and it has been working fine for around 3 to 4 months but now my SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 has stoped working and from what I have been told the controller or something along those lines might have busted was defective from...
  4. SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Samsung 970 Evo plus

Samsung 970 Evo plus: I get a NVMe M.2 970 evo plus but it doesnt recognized by the Laptop dell 17 7778. I update all and nothing happebed. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-970-evo-plus/2c09339e-e232-4f0f-95ce-ba1497444441
  6. Migrating OS from Kingston SSD to Samsung Evo 970 plus M.2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating OS from Kingston SSD to Samsung Evo 970 plus M.2: [ATTACH] I have recently cloned my OS from my old ssd to my new m2. I can see that the files are the same and they are equal in used space. I can not however get my pc to boot from this new file. If I go to bios and select boot order, the M.2 does not show up. 2 of my...
  7. Samsung M.2 SSD 970 EVO PLUS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung M.2 SSD 970 EVO PLUS: I have recently got an new m.2 SSD and wanted to install it to my motherboard. After doing so I encountered and error stating "Boot from proper device". My HDD has my OS on it and changed the order of boot in the bios but still ran into the issue stated. tried many things...
  8. Firmware update for the Samsung 970 Evo Plus?

Firmware update for the Samsung 970 Evo Plus?: Hello, I'd like to update my Evo plus one and I don't know how. I have already downloaded the correct ISO file. I have also put this file on an usb-stick and let it boot, but Windows 10 starts up normally. I have a MSI B-450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC I hope you can help me....
  9. Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2: Hi I recently installed Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2 on my Dell Inspiron 3268. Using Samsung Data migration tool, I copied my OS to SSD and wanted to make SSD as my boot drive, but is not getting shown up in BIOS as boot option. I can see PCI as loaded in BIOS, can also see...
  10. Samsung Evo 970 BSoD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung Evo 970 BSoD: I have recently purchased a Samsung Evo 970. I decided to put a fresh install of windows 10 onto it, everything worked fine. I then proceeded to the windows update centre to install the newest updates. When it got around to downloading the Windows April 2018 update that is...