Windows 10: Cumulative Update Changed Security & Ownership Settings on Portable SanDisk Drive & Blocks...

Discus and support Cumulative Update Changed Security & Ownership Settings on Portable SanDisk Drive & Blocks... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Dell XP8930 with Windows 10 that just got the last big update and it changed a bunch of security settings without my knowledge.When I go to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Texas-Raider, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Cumulative Update Changed Security & Ownership Settings on Portable SanDisk Drive & Blocks...

I have a Dell XP8930 with Windows 10 that just got the last big update and it changed a bunch of security settings without my knowledge.When I go to a download online, click the download page and direct the download to a 2TB portable SanDisk drive, I get the error message “You Don’t Have Permission to Access This Folder” but it gives me the option to click ‘Continue’ to add permission, which brings up the window asking if I want to allow the browser to change the app setting to change my device settings.When I click yes, I get ANOTHER error message stating “You Don’t Have Permission to A

:)

Texas-Raider, Jun 13, 2021

2. Changing the ownership of C: drive and all the folders and subfolders within it to default settings

Hi,

You may modify the ownership of the drives on your computer for specific users for security purposes to access its permissions. However, this option is unable to revert back to its default setup. If you run into a problem with other users on your PC, you
    may just add the Administrator and they must use the administrator account to access its permission. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • Right-click on the C: drive and select Properties >
      Security tab and click the Advanced button.
    • On the Advanced Security Settings for Windows (CCumulative Update Changed Security & Ownership Settings on Portable SanDisk Drive & Blocks... :) window, click the
      Change button for the Owner, type Administrator on the
      Enter the object name to select section, and then click
      Check Names
      . This will allow all administrator accounts.
    • Once you’re done, click OK > Apply and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
    • After completing the steps, click OK to save the changes, and then check if these steps resolved your concern.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Changed Ownership of C:\ and Can't Fix

Hi Greg,

Let's get this issue sorted. To better assist you with this concern, we would like to know the following information:

• Which account is the new owner of the C drive?
    • Are you using an account with administrator rights?
    • Have you tried changing the ownership back to yourself?

In the meantime, let's try taking back the ownership by following the steps provided by
    BurrWalnut in the following thread:
    Is there a way to take ownership of my C drive?

You may also perform a repair upgrade using a
    Creators Update ISO
    file. This method can repair broken operating system files while preserving your files, settings and installed applications. For more information and steps on how to perform a repair upgrade, kindly refer to the wiki article created
    by Andre Da Costa on the following link:
    How to perform a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO file

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jun 13, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Cumulative Update Changed Security & Ownership Settings on Portable SanDisk Drive & Blocks...

SanDisk Expands Its Portable SSD Lineup with New All-Terrain Drive

SanDisk Corporation, a global leader in flash storage solutions, today expanded its SSD product line with a new high-performance, durable, water-resistant portable SSD1. Designed for photographers and videographers who need a reliable and superfast storage solution, the SanDisk Extreme 510 Portable SSD delivers whether on location or in the studio.

"We are constantly amazed by the stories we hear from our customers about the incredible places they take our products. Their insight inspires us to create durable, innovative products that can improve their experience no matter where the job takes them," said Philippe Willams, director retail product marketing, SanDisk. "For many years SanDisk has been trusted by the pros to deliver reliable, innovative storage solutions, and the SanDisk Extreme 510 portable SSD raises the bar even further."

Cumulative Update Changed Security & Ownership Settings on Portable SanDisk Drive & Blocks... 35a_thm.jpg

Tough, Rugged, Water-Resistant
    The SanDisk Extreme 510 Portable SSD builds on the compact design of the highly-rated SanDisk Extreme 500 Portable SSD to offer ultimate portability and provide greater protection for users who want to take their storage on-the-go. With its rubber bumper and IP55-rating for water and dust resistance, the SanDisk Extreme 510 Portable SSD stands up to hazards such as rain, spills and rough, dusty trails, while also cushioning against falls.

In a pocket-sized design, the SanDisk Extreme 510 drive delivers powerful performance with transfer speeds up to 430 MB/s to quickly access massive video files or photo libraries - outperforming a traditional external hard drive with speeds of up to four times faster. Available in 480GB** capacity, this all-terrain drive offers high-speed storage for anyone looking for a fast, reliable storage solution that battles the elements.

The new SanDisk Extreme 510 Portable SSD also features SanDisk SecureAccess software with 128-bit encryption to secure files.

Trusted By the Pros
    Professionals like Lucas Gilman, adventure photographer and filmmaker, and SanDisk Extreme Team member, rely on SanDisk products to help them produce, save and access their high quality content.

"I am constantly out on location in extreme conditions and need to have the most reliable, durable products available to keep up with my demands. The SanDisk Extreme 510 drive is perfectly sized to clip onto my pack and I don't have to worry about it getting wet or jostled around while I'm working -- I know it was designed to withstand outdoor environments."

Pricing and Availability
    The 480GB SanDisk Extreme 510 Portable SSD features a two-year warranty and is available worldwide at an MSRP of $249.99.

btarunr, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Cumulative Update Changed Security & Ownership Settings on Portable SanDisk Drive & Blocks...

1. Cumulative Update Changed Security & Ownership Settings on Portable SanDisk Drive & Blocks... - Similar Threads - Cumulative Update Changed

2. Accidental change of security settings on D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental change of security settings on D drive: Hello. I accidentally kicked on Deny permissions for my C drive and now I can't access it. Can anyone help me undo my ridiculous mistakeplease?...
  3. Accidental change of security settings on D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidental change of security settings on D drive: Hello. I accidentally kicked on Deny permissions for my C drive and now I can't access it. Can anyone help me undo my ridiculous mistakeplease?...
  4. Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD not writable on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD not writable on Windows 10: I have the External SSD connected to the computer and it is recognized by Windows, but it unavailable in the Windows Explorer. It only shows up in Devices and Printers and any diagnostic testing shows the Drivers are up to date and the ports are working as intended. I can...
  5. Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD not writable on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD not writable on Windows 10: I have the External SSD connected to the computer and it is recognized by Windows, but it unavailable in the Windows Explorer. It only shows up in Devices and Printers and any diagnostic testing shows the Drivers are up to date and the ports are working as intended. I can...
  6. Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD not writable on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. unable to delete file or change security/ownership

unable to delete file or change security/ownership: An error occurred while applying security information Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.I get this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-file-or-change-securityownership/fed72046-4ab0-4af6-bdf1-088219126e87
  8. portable drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    portable drive: portable hard drive not recognize after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-drive/50df189a-2a32-4bb0-97e6-421d82f65bfa
  9. How to change hard disk security ownership?

How to change hard disk security ownership?: I rebuilt my computer when I put my hard drive back into the system and try to change ownership I kept getting this error. I don't even know where the F:\$RECYCLE.BIN is even located in my disk. [ATTACH]...
  10. October 2016 Cumulative Update Changed Settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    October 2016 Cumulative Update Changed Settings: Windows 10 Pro x64 laptop had updates set to automatically download and then notify. (Still using v. 1511 build 10586 due to continuing reported issues with 1607.) No problems with any updates prior to Oct 2016. Oct 11 cumulative update KB3192441 apparently failed and...