Windows 10: Cumulative Update failure

Discus and support Cumulative Update failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I haven't been able to install this update for the last 7-10 days. the image below shows the error i receive each time i try to update. I ran the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShruthaV, Oct 22, 2020.

1. ShruthaV Win User

Cumulative Update failure

Hi! I haven't been able to install this update for the last 7-10 days. the image below shows the error i receive each time i try to update. I ran the troubleshooter, and yet the problem hasn't been resolved. Please help.

Cumulative Update failure 02bf4bd7-60b8-4ba9-8bad-aa7ac46fae25?upload=true.jpg

:)

ShruthaV, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

June 2016 Cumulative Update impacted my Desktop

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to uninstall the Cumulative update and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Go to control panel, then click on
      Programs and Features.

• Tap on View installed updates, then find the update.

• Right click on the update and uninstall the update.

And also you can temporarily disable the
    Cumulative update.

Refer the link below.

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Cumulative December update

I tried to download and install the December Cumulative Update from the website you had listed and did not have any luck. I received error messages stating that it would not install and it still has not come through windows update. Do you have any other
    suggestions?

TanyaPeterson412, Oct 22, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cumulative Update failure :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Cumulative Update failure - Similar Threads - Cumulative Update failure

2. Update failure for 2023-05 Cumulative

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update failure for 2023-05 Cumulative: The 2023-05 cumulative update wont update it keeps failing. I have tried to open windows update troubleshooter and it says unexpected error occurred. Can someone please help me with this....
  3. Update failure for 2023-05 Cumulative

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update failure for 2023-05 Cumulative: The 2023-05 cumulative update wont update it keeps failing. I have tried to open windows update troubleshooter and it says unexpected error occurred. Can someone please help me with this....
  4. Cumulative update failure 0x800f0831

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative update failure 0x800f0831: Anyone able to help me with the subject problem, Win 10 pro 21H2SSD is not full and in good health.. do have AV Kaspersky internet security but it exited during all repair attempts.Been having this problem since about feb 2022... I left it as I hoped MS would detect and fix...
  5. Cumulative update failure 0x800f0831

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cumulative update failure 0x800f0831: Anyone able to help me with the subject problem, Win 10 pro 21H2SSD is not full and in good health.. do have AV Kaspersky internet security but it exited during all repair attempts.Been having this problem since about feb 2022... I left it as I hoped MS would detect and fix...
  6. Cumulative update failure 0x800f0831

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Cumulative Updates caused system failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Cumulative Updates caused system failure: I recently had an update be forced through on my dell inspiron that caused my hard drive to no longer be found on the computer and has caused me to lose all of my online classwork for my college and is going to lead to me falling so far behind that i cant catch up now. The...
  8. 2020-03 Cumulative update failure

2020-03 Cumulative update failure: I have Windows 10 1909 64bit installed on a Lenovo laptop. When I try to install the 2020-03 Cumulative update (KB4540673) it will download and then install to the point of saying that it is 100% installed, then it will change to say There were problems Installing some...
  9. Cumulative update for windows 10 failure

Cumulative update for windows 10 failure: Hey ..I have a windows 10 1809 operating system and whenever i try to restart my pc after the installation of the cumulative update KB4493509 my pc goes to a restart loop with a message saying that "We couldn't complete the update, undoing changes ".. it goes on forever. I've...
  10. Cumulative Update KB4103721 Update Failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cumulative Update KB4103721 Update Failure: I am facing with an incessant black screen with the mouse busy icon during the reboot after this update. I cannot use Ctrl+Alt+Del to do anything. The power button was used to stop the desktop PC several times before the Windows Safe mode can be invoked. I have tried to...