Windows 10: Cumulative update kb3200970 installed manually...WU wants to download

Discus and support Cumulative update kb3200970 installed manually...WU wants to download in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After repeated problems with the update failing I did a clean install and installed kb3200970 manually from the windows catalogue and it shows as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jkh334, Nov 16, 2016.

1. jkh334 Win User

Cumulative update kb3200970 installed manually...WU wants to download

After repeated problems with the update failing I did a clean install and installed kb3200970 manually from the windows catalogue and it shows as an installed update. Windows automatic updates wants to download and install it again. Is this really necessary? Any way to make it stop???

:)

jkh334, Nov 16, 2016
  2. sal' Win User

Windows Update cannot update completely.

I have a problem with Windows Update.The problem is here:

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3200970)

After its install and restart,a message appear that 'update is not complete.Change is undone' This happen since 5/12/2016.

And then I download this update manually with Windows Catalog.A message said that 'Security Update for Windows (KB3200970)' is not install.

How to solve this problem?

3. EsmeYWX Win User
    Cumulative updates failing to install

For more than three weeks now, TWO cumulative updates have been continually trying and failing to install on my machine - cumulative updates KB3197954 and KB3200970. I've tried manually downloading the fixes that have been recommended elsewhere and this
    hasn't solved the problem - the fixes also failed to install, and my machine is still attempting and failing the cumulative updates. What's my next step?

EsmeYWX, Nov 16, 2016
Thema:

Cumulative update kb3200970 installed manually...WU wants to download

1. Cumulative update kb3200970 installed manually...WU wants to download - Similar Threads - Cumulative update kb3200970

2. Manually downloading/installing updates for win10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manually downloading/installing updates for win10?: I normally have updates set for manual: detect but advise only, pending manual execution (download and install). Years ago, on win7, I got bitten badly several times by doing the monthly patch update immediately. The bad patches were recalled by MS within a day or 2, but for...
  3. WU automatically started downloading and installing the "Preview" update, ignoring WU...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WU automatically started downloading and installing the "Preview" update, ignoring WU...: Today I decided to apply the July Cumulative updates. Configuration: Windows 10 Pro 1909 Windows Update configured with the Group Policy of "Configure Automatic Updates" set to "2 - Notify for download and auto install" (Registry settings for AUOptions reflect that - they...
  4. Manually download and install windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Manually download and install windows update: Is there a way to download the latest latest update of windows manually? Because my wifi in my pc randomly dont recognize any router i already tried everything i already reinstall windows but still wifi is still not working hoping the latest update fix this cause i heard this...
  5. Disable WU's permanently, but allow for MANUAL update.

Disable WU's permanently, but allow for MANUAL update.: I would like to disable WU's permanently. By that, I mean that I ONLY want to manually [Settings => Update & Security => Windows Update => Check for updates] check for updates when I want to. Is is best to . . . [1] Use gpedit.msc => Computer Configuration\Administrative...
  6. How to manually download and install Windows 10 cumulative updates

in Windows 10 News
    How to manually download and install Windows 10 cumulative updates: Windows 10 as a service is updated frequently with improvements, fixes, and security patches. On every second Tuesday of the month, a compulsory Windows 10 update is released and optional updates are also shipped every month. Windows Updates are normally installed...
  7. Outlook won't receive emails after Cumulative Update KB3200970

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook won't receive emails after Cumulative Update KB3200970: I had Cumulative Update KB3200970 for version 1607 install the other day and I have since not been able to receive any emails via Outlook. I was able to prior to this update, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and Outlook seemed to be working. No other settings have been...
  8. Threshold Downloaded but Update Failed to Install via WU and MCT

Threshold Downloaded but Update Failed to Install via WU and MCT: Windows Update says it downloaded the update but every time it runs, it fails. The failure message is almost immediate. there is no error # associated with the failure. Only the generic, "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later". I tried...
  9. Manually Download Update

Manually Download Update: I have a limited wifi issue. Toshiba states update KB3114149 may solve the issue. I can't determine if this update was included when I upgraded to 10586/1511 as it is not listed in Update History. Is there a way to manually download that update ? 32690
  10. Cumulative Update KB3200970 Windows 10 version 1607 build 14393.447

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB3200970 Windows 10 version 1607 build 14393.447: Update: November 29th 2016 Windows 10 1607 is now a Current Branch for Business (CBB) release - Windows 10 Forums Update: November 9th 2016 This update is published for Windows 10 Mobile. It includes the same improvements and fixes from the update listed as...
Tags: