Windows 10: Cumulative updates for 1903 break Intel 8260 Wifi

Discus and support Cumulative updates for 1903 break Intel 8260 Wifi in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Considering how aggressive Windows 10 is with forcing updates on you, it's interesting they deliver a bricking update in 1903 that guarantees I'll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kakuri, Jan 23, 2020.

1. /u/kakuri Win User

Cumulative updates for 1903 break Intel 8260 Wifi

Considering how aggressive Windows 10 is with forcing updates on you, it's interesting they deliver a bricking update in 1903 that guarantees I'll never receive Windows updates again. After installing the updates my Intel 8260 wifi does not work. No amount of disabling/enabling the device, uninstalling/reinstalling it, or installing the latest driver from Intel makes it work again. The only fix is system restore to revert the updates and then avoid Windows update forever after.

submitted by /u/kakuri
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kakuri, Jan 23, 2020
  2. lynx29 Win User

Where do I plug in Intel 8260 wireless chip on my Z370 motherboard?

derp. ty.

now i am only worried about this motherboard, cause its weird as heck, only the first m.2 slot gets full speed, and the second is only listed at like x1 speed... hope that doesnt hurt my wifi speeds.

lynx29, Jan 23, 2020
  3. jimmymb Win User
    Very Slow Wifi After Recent Windows 1903 update and cumulative updates

I just updated to the 1903 update and the cumulative updates after that. I have an intel ac 3165 wifi card with the latest driver, it came preinstalled in my Dell Inspiron 5570 that is only 1 year old. Before the updates my wifi speed was 200+ mbps, after
    the updates it is now 20 mbps. If I unstall the updates the wifi speed goes back to the 200+ mbps, but then I get a notice that my windows will be out of date.

Obviously something in the update is choking the wifi speed down by 90+%. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

jimmymb, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Cumulative updates for 1903 break Intel 8260 Wifi

Intel Wireless Adapter AC-8260 loses connection after Windows updates

Intel Wireless Adapter AC-8260 loses connection after Windows updates

I thought it was looking as if Marvell was the main problem. See if Barb Bowman's tip about controlling the radio band helps

Specify 2.4 or 5 GHz WiFi bands Selectively on Surface Pro 3

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Cumulative updates for 1903 break Intel 8260 Wifi

1. Cumulative updates for 1903 break Intel 8260 Wifi - Similar Threads - Cumulative updates 1903

2. Intel Wifi Driver keeps breaking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Wifi Driver keeps breaking: So my computer has been working perfectly normally and I've had this driver a while and suddenly the wifi driver breaks. I had this happen once before a few months ago, and fixed it by reinstalling the driver. So I do that now, driver is back up and running. but then 15...
  3. Intel Wifi Driver keeps breaking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Wifi Driver keeps breaking: So my computer has been working perfectly normally and I've had this driver a while and suddenly the wifi driver breaks. I had this happen once before a few months ago, and fixed it by reinstalling the driver. So I do that now, driver is back up and running. but then 15...
  4. Intel Wifi Driver keeps breaking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unable to install Network Intel 3165/7265/8260/8265 WiFi driver update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to install Network Intel 3165/7265/8260/8265 WiFi driver update: unable to install Network Intel 3165/7265/8260/8265 WiFi driver update, currently running Win 10 vb-release 19041, attempted to install 3-4 times...never successful, any suggestions? WiFi is currently working but unable to update it...
  6. No internet on 1903 cumulative update

No internet on 1903 cumulative update: I cannot access the internet after updating to the new cumulative update for Windows. I uninstalled the update back to base 1903, but I still can't connect. Everything was working fine before! I connect over ethernet to my desktop gaming PC...
  7. Intel RST- 1903 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Intel RST- 1903 update: Any updates on the fix for 1903- intel rst error. When do we expect the update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rst-1903-update/5cbbd4a4-918e-4d7a-9b56-568b37d61765
  8. Mobile Hotspot no longer working (intel AC 8260)

Mobile Hotspot no longer working (intel AC 8260): Hey folks, I've been using the Mobile Hotspot feature for the past year to connect my WiFi printer to my network through my laptop, which itself is connected through a LAN/ethernet cable. For some reason a while back this feature stopped working, and now whenever I try to...
  9. Windows 1903 Update Breaks Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1903 Update Breaks Computer: Hi, I recently updated my computer from Windows 10 1809 to 1903 and it doesnt work anymore. Whenever i try to turn it on, I always get a blue screen. I do have a theory of what went wrong as I do have an eGPU connected (EXP GDC/GTX 670) and during the installation of the...
  10. latest cumulative update breaks IE11

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    latest cumulative update breaks IE11: Hi there after applying the latest cumulative updates IE11 is now broken on my system (W10 pro X-64).. Often the Main (home page) of a site works but as soon as you link to other links in the site garbled text often appears. Here's an example from BBC website. Main...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel 8265 drivwr error 42 after update