Windows 10: Cumulative updates March 2021

Discus and support Cumulative updates March 2021 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on March 9th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. Windows 10 version 2004... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sumit Volunteer Moderator, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Cumulative updates March 2021

This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on March 9th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10.

1. Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 - KB5000802, Build 19041.860 and 19042.860

2. Windows 10 versions 1909 - KB5000808, Build 18363.1440

For information about Windows update terminology, see the article about the types of Windows updates and the monthly quality update types. To view other notes and messages, see the Windows 10, version 2004 update history home page.

Important: Support for Legacy Edge ends today. See this post for more details.

Windows 10 release dashboard

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/

Windows 10 update history

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-history-7dd3071a-3906-fa2c-c342-f7f86728a6e3

Windows 10 Lifecycle FAQ

Lifecycle FAQ - Windows - Microsoft Lifecycle Microsoft Docs

Windows 10 message center

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/windows-message-center#407

Known issues with KB5000802 and KB5000808

Symptom

Workaround

System and user certificates might be lost when updating a device from Windows 10, version 1809 or later to a later version of Windows 10. Devices will only be impacted if they have already installed any Latest cumulative update LCU released September 16, 2020 or later and then proceed to update to a later version of Windows 10 from media or an installation source which does not have an LCU released October 13, 2020 or later integrated. This primarily happens when managed devices are updated using outdated bundles or media through an update management tool such as Windows Server Update Services WSUS or Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager. This might also happen when using outdated physical media or ISO images that do not have the latest updates integrated.

Note Devices using Windows Update for Business or that connect directly to Windows Update are not impacted. Any device connecting to Windows Update should always receive the latest versions of the feature update, including the latest LCU, without any extra steps.

If you have already encountered this issue on your device, you can mitigate it within the uninstall window by going back to your previous version of Windows using the instructions here. The uninstall window might be 10 or 30 days depending on the configuration of your environment and the version you’re updating to. You will then need to update to the later version of Windows 10 after the issue is resolved in your environment. Note Within the uninstall window, you can increase the number of days you have to go back to your previous version of Windows 10 by using the DISM command /Set-OSUninstallWindow. You must make this change before the default uninstall window has lapsed. For more information, see DISM operating system uninstall command-line options.

We are working on a resolution and will provide updated bundles and refreshed media in the coming weeks.

KB5000802 only When using the Microsoft Japanese Input Method Editor IME to enter Kanji characters in an app that automatically allows the input of Furigana characters, you might not get the correct Furigana characters. You might need to enter the Furigana characters manually.

Note The affected apps are using the ImmGetCompositionString function.

We are working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.

Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the release information dashboard.

----------------------------------------------

Important: Users posting replies referring to their own websites would be considered as Spam and would be suspended from this community.

If you have recommended this discussion and are looking for the unsubscribe button, please hit subscribe below, and a dialogue will open with the unsubscribe choice.

:)

Sumit Volunteer Moderator, Mar 9, 2021

2. windows 10 updates-March 2018

I have March updates that will not install. The automatic updates for 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1709 for x64 based system (March KB4088776) were activated and downloaded to my computer, but they will not install on shutdown/restart.
    When I check for updates, it shows that the updates are downloaded, but when I click to uninstall, there is not a date for installation. I have researched the Windows suggestions for this problem. They tell me to remove the January 2018 updates (January
    KB4056892) and then reinstall the March update. When I attempted to uninstall the January update, I could see the update listed in the check for downloads screen, but when I click uninstall, the January update has a different reference number. Please advise.
    I have talked to my technology department and they can't determine next steps either. VERY FRUSTRATING. I need my computer for work.

JennyWilliams_642, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    After March 2016 Windows Updates, Windows Hello gone/ Also question re Antivirus

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If it is Cumulative Update for Windows 10 March 8, 2016 then I suggest you to remove the update and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to remove the update.

• Go to Control Panel.

• Select programs and Feature.

• Click on View installed Updates.

• There select the update and uninstall it and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Cumulative updates March 2021

Brink, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Cumulative updates March 2021

1. Cumulative updates March 2021 - Similar Threads - Cumulative updates March

2. CUMULATIVE UPDATE FOR MARCH 2021 KEEPS FAILING - ERROR MESSAGE 0X80073701

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CUMULATIVE UPDATE FOR MARCH 2021 KEEPS FAILING - ERROR MESSAGE 0X80073701: Hi, For almost a month, I have tried multiple times to down load KB5000802 and keep receiving an error message. I receive the error message of 0X80073701. I have used the Troubleshooter, and the advanced Trouble Shooter. I have gone into safe mode and did the system file...
  3. March update 2021

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    March update 2021: After the update my HP Envy will start typing on its own or i will see the number 0 a million times or the * a million times . When this happens it wont allow me to open the restart button or anything it will keep closing it as soon as its open. Anyone else have this issue?...
  4. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED after March 2021 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED after March 2021 update: After installing March 2021 update I get bsod every 10-15 minutes. Mini dump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkboClbeWKWpeKFS6la5vkX0QaY?e=eHsb2l For analysis of this file, run !analyze -vnt!KeBugCheckEx:fffff806`5eff5c50 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx...
  5. Latest update March 2021

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest update March 2021: If there were any bug fixes, I get it, I understand the need to prune the system, but you touched my personalization. **** off. Seriously, I liked it the way it was. I liked having a dark color taskbar but light color settings app. I don't want everything on my desktop to be...
  6. Lost ability for native 2560x1440 resolution after cumulative updates March 2021

Lost ability for native 2560x1440 resolution after cumulative updates March 2021: After new update I've lost ability to use the native maximum resolution of my monitor connected via HDMI. It used to work good with custom resolution added to the Intel HD 4000 settings, and after the update it will not accept a resolution of 2560x1440 at any refresh...
  7. march 2021 update faulty

march 2021 update faulty: hey brain dead microsoft idiots do it AGAIN your latest updates have disconnected audio disconnected my microphone from system disconnected flightsim 202 from system DO NOT tell me to check if my pc is plugged in. Do not tell me to try another appliance in the socket...
  8. March 2021 cumulative updates cause printing bluescreens on Windows 10 devices

in Windows 10 News
    March 2021 cumulative updates cause printing bluescreens on Windows 10 devices: Microsoft published security updates for all supported versions of Windows 10 yesterday on the March 2021 Patch Day. It appears that the updates are causing issues on some devices; specifically, the attempt to print may result in bluescreen errors on affected devices. The...
  9. Microsoft March 2021 Security Updates

Microsoft March 2021 Security Updates: March 2021 Security Updates Updates this Month This release consists of security updates for the following products, features and roles. Application Virtualization Azure Azure DevOps Azure Sphere Internet Explorer Microsoft ActiveX Microsoft Exchange Server Microsoft Edge...
  10. Windows Update March 7th 2021

Windows Update March 7th 2021: A notification popped up to update my computer and I preceeded to do so. However unlike most updates this update has been stuck on 88% for over 3 hours. Nornally it takes 20 mins max to update. This computer is only a couple months old and has never run into any issues. Is...