Windows 10: cumulative updates

Discus and support cumulative updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I currently use Windows 10, v.1809. My computer installs all updates except for cumulative ones with error 0x80070246. I’ve been facing this issue for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tara Brown1, Feb 6, 2019.

1. cumulative updates

I currently use Windows 10, v.1809. My computer installs all updates except for cumulative ones with error 0x80070246. I’ve been facing this issue for a long time and nothing that I tried helped me. I scanned computer for viruses and malware with positive result; used various antivirus programs. SFC Scan showed Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

What’s your suggestion?

:)

Tara Brown1, Feb 6, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

June 2016 Cumulative Update impacted my Desktop

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to uninstall the Cumulative update and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Go to control panel, then click on
      Programs and Features.

• Tap on View installed updates, then find the update.

• Right click on the update and uninstall the update.

And also you can temporarily disable the
    Cumulative update.

Refer the link below.

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 6, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond cumulative updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 6, 2019
  4. cumulative updates

Cumulative December update

I tried to download and install the December Cumulative Update from the website you had listed and did not have any luck. I received error messages stating that it would not install and it still has not come through windows update. Do you have any other
    suggestions?

TanyaPeterson412, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

cumulative updates

1. cumulative updates - Similar Threads - cumulative updates

2. Windows dynamic cumulative update install sequence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows dynamic cumulative update install sequence: MS release monthly security updates, do I need to install allall previous months or just the latest one will do?assuming i got my laptop in Feb 2024, what is the correct sequence to install those monthly updatesoffline, from update catalog.?...
  3. Windows dynamic cumulative update install sequence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows dynamic cumulative update install sequence: MS release monthly security updates, do I need to install allall previous months or just the latest one will do?assuming i got my laptop in Feb 2024, what is the correct sequence to install those monthly updatesoffline, from update catalog.?...
  4. Windows dynamic cumulative update install sequence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Error 0x80040154 for 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Update Version 23H2 for x64...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80040154 for 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Update Version 23H2 for x64...: Hello everyone ! I'm unable to update Windows 11 on my laptop for the past few days. I keep getting the same error Error 0x80040154 again and again. I have tried several solutions as mentioned below: 1 Run Windows Update Troubleshooter Troubleshooter shows that problem is...
  6. Error 0x80040154 for 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Update Version 23H2 for x64...

Error 0x80040154 for 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Update Version 23H2 for x64...: Hello everyone ! I'm unable to update Windows 11 on my laptop for the past few days. I keep getting the same error Error 0x80040154 again and again. I have tried several solutions as mentioned below: 1 Run Windows Update Troubleshooter Troubleshooter shows that problem is...
  7. 2024-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2024-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems...: i have been having this problem for about 3 months and each time it does the same thing. it installs up to 50% and then fails each time. i have looked at previous suggestions to fix it and some have looked promising but have not been successful and i am scared that i am going...
  8. 2024-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems...

2024-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems...: i have been having this problem for about 3 months and each time it does the same thing. it installs up to 50% and then fails each time. i have looked at previous suggestions to fix it and some have looked promising but have not been successful and i am scared that i am going...
  9. Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...: over the past 2 days for now, I've been seeing a WindowsErrorReporting event in Applications, going by the event name of StoreAgentDownloadFailure1there are no failed updates or any WindowsUpdateClient events in the System logs at all when these occur, but by checking the...
  10. Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...

Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...: over the past 2 days for now, I've been seeing a WindowsErrorReporting event in Applications, going by the event name of StoreAgentDownloadFailure1there are no failed updates or any WindowsUpdateClient events in the System logs at all when these occur, but by checking the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2019-07 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 for x64-based Systems (KB4507459).