Windows 10: Curiosity is killing me... Did Windows somehow know I took out my cpu and then immediately...

Discus and support Curiosity is killing me... Did Windows somehow know I took out my cpu and then immediately... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was reapplying thermal paste and took the cpu out to clean it before realizing how dumb it was to take it out to clean so I replaced it of course and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tyranix969, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Curiosity is killing me... Did Windows somehow know I took out my cpu and then immediately...

I was reapplying thermal paste and took the cpu out to clean it before realizing how dumb it was to take it out to clean so I replaced it of course and when I next booted, Windows acted as though I was configuring it for the first time, "Welcome to Windows" and all. The activation is still good and everything is where I left it but I found that very odd.

submitted by /u/Tyranix969
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tyranix969, Jul 4, 2020
  2. TV2
    TV2 Win User

How DID I kill Cortana?

There are 2 PCs - my Old PC and my New PC. Both are running Windows 10 v1809.
    Old PC is running Home Edition, New PC is running Pro Edition

Somehow, I was able to completely remove Cortana from my Search App on Old PC. But I can't for the life of me remember how I did that. I want to do the same on New PC.

Before we jump to conclusions, it was not the Registry Edit Method of finding and changing AllowCortana value to 0. That has NOT been done on Old PC. I must have done something else.
    Looking for suggestions.

On Old PC, when you look into Settings - No Cortana:

Curiosity is killing me... Did Windows somehow know I took out my cpu and then immediately... [​IMG]

And my Search Box is nice and clean:

Curiosity is killing me... Did Windows somehow know I took out my cpu and then immediately... [​IMG]

On New PC I have Cortana in the Settings:

And I have Helicopter Mom in my Search Box:

How did I kill Cortana??

3. qubit Win User
    i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Curiosity is killing me... Did Windows somehow know I took out my cpu and then immediately...

Let me know how i did

my buddy got on me about the mem....i got the cpu and mobo 1st and that mobo only takes ddr2 i think...it only listed ddr2. and i wasnt sure if ddr3 would work in it.

I oc cpu to 3.8 but no oc on card....it runs on balanced and my games on default which is high...

windows index on last system that i got from gateway...$1400.00 w/ rating of 4.5
    My new build cheaper w/ rating of 6.9
    and runs stable so im happy

dukercatfan, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Curiosity is killing me... Did Windows somehow know I took out my cpu and then immediately...

1. Curiosity is killing me... Did Windows somehow know I took out my cpu and then immediately... - Similar Threads - Curiosity killing Did

2. Out of curiosity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Out of curiosity: With a new Windows Backup and Restore coming, I have read that it can backup and restore your files and now apps... my concern is creating a disk image. Will you still be able to do that like in Windows Backup and Restore Windows7?...
  3. Out of curiosity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Out of curiosity: With a new Windows Backup and Restore coming, I have read that it can backup and restore your files and now apps... my concern is creating a disk image. Will you still be able to do that like in Windows Backup and Restore Windows7?...
  4. Windows is desperate for me to use cortana.. which i removed :), took TM to kill it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is desperate for me to use cortana.. which i removed :), took TM to kill it: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/r02h [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wwoppi/windows_is_desperate_for_me_to_use_cortana_which/
  5. My Windows 10 Keeps Loging me out Immediately after I log in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My Windows 10 Keeps Loging me out Immediately after I log in.: Everything was great Untill i decided to unplug my second screen, immediately I was logged out and eversince i log in windows logs me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-keeps-loging-me-out-immediately/dd6d5967-13d1-462b-a4fe-47bfe340c96a
  6. I factory reset my pc, it said it needed to do a repair i did it, then it took me into a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I factory reset my pc, it said it needed to do a repair i did it, then it took me into a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/samtheorca [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kbvllp/i_factory_reset_my_pc_it_said_it_needed_to_do_a/
  7. I DID A RESET ON MY LAPTOP AND IT DID NOT ASK ME TO DO STEPS OF SETUP AND TOOK ME TO LOGIN...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I DID A RESET ON MY LAPTOP AND IT DID NOT ASK ME TO DO STEPS OF SETUP AND TOOK ME TO LOGIN...: I did a rest on my laptop, after all the loading it did, some updates after that it should have took me to setup for creating account, setting password and others steps but it only gave me two steps that are, accept terms and conditions, and to connect to a network. After...
  8. When I put my pin into Windows , immediately is taking me out.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When I put my pin into Windows , immediately is taking me out.: As soon as I log into Windows it is taking me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-put-my-pin-into-windows-immediately-is/676b9177-ba8e-4f06-9f5d-5d1c2c5b841d
  9. How DID I kill Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How DID I kill Cortana?: There are 2 PCs - my Old PC and my New PC. Both are running Windows 10 v1809. Old PC is running Home Edition, New PC is running Pro Edition Somehow, I was able to completely remove Cortana from my Search App on Old PC. But I can't for the life of me remember how I did that....
  10. How DID I kill Cortana?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How DID I kill Cortana?: There are 2 PCs - my Old PC and my New PC. Both are running Windows 10 v1809. Old PC is running Home Edition, New PC is running Pro Edition Somehow, I was able to completely remove Cortana from my Search App on Old PC. But I can't for the life of me remember how I did that....