Windows 10: Curious about "An Administrator has blocked you from this app" was fix with windows update

Discus and support Curious about "An Administrator has blocked you from this app" was fix with windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Few day ago, when I was trying to access the "Create Partition" Just managing my disk partitions. it gave an error message of an Admin has blocked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Keen Loong, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Curious about "An Administrator has blocked you from this app" was fix with windows update

Few day ago, when I was trying to access the "Create Partition" Just managing my disk partitions. it gave an error message of an Admin has blocked access.

Then, I went on the web to find a solution. And found one that works but it requires to use the Registry Editor. But there is a problem with that, because it completely disables the UAC and this makes me concern. Literally, every app that I have that use to have a UAC prompt just doesn't have the pop-up anymore.

The solution was used in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjf0PxhGU0U

Just yesterday, I went and check my windows update, there are some updates needed to be downloaded and installed. After being done installing the update, the blocking mysteriously disappeared and everything was working as it was before.

Was it a windows security countermeasures or some sort? I actually thought that my computer was going to have a problem when I see that "An Administrator has blocked you from this app".

:)

Keen Loong, Apr 11, 2020

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Lee1603 Win User
    App Blocked by administrator

I cannot open MYOB, a message comes up that the app has been blocked for my protection. It says to contact the administrator. All help suggestions show sections that do not show up on my control panel

Lee1603, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Curious about "An Administrator has blocked you from this app" was fix with windows update

Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Curious about "An Administrator has blocked you from this app" was fix with windows update

1. Curious about "An Administrator has blocked you from this app" was fix with windows update - Similar Threads - Curious Administrator has

2. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.: I have had an app on my system for years. It has worked faultlessly every time I have needed it, it did backups of my data.I have just noticed that it has stopped automatically backing up my machine so went to investigate and got the above message.I am the only administrator...
  3. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.: I have had an app on my system for years. It has worked faultlessly every time I have needed it, it did backups of my data.I have just noticed that it has stopped automatically backing up my machine so went to investigate and got the above message.I am the only administrator...
  4. Administrator has blocked you from using this app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administrator has blocked you from using this app: I used O&O shutup a few weeks back to disable telemetry & windows search. Now I can't open the Your Phone app, with it showing the 'administrator has blocked you from using this app' message. submitted by /u/Odd-Seaworthiness-88 [link] [comments]...
  5. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app...: Hello, First of all, I have the administrative rights on my windows 10 computer but when I open the Services software on control panel, it says "An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..." when I am an Administrator and I only have one account in my computer....
  6. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    an administrator has blocked you from running this app: I'm trying to run a CD on my desktop but everytime I get the "an administrator has blocked you from running this app". I'm the administrator for my desktop so how can I unblock and run this CD installation?...
  7. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..

An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..: I have a calendar program that I have been using for years Calendar Creator. Suddenly, after the latest Win 10 update, I get the message below. I AM the administrator. The only way I can get the program to run is to go to the command prompt with administrator privileges, and...
  8. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

an administrator has blocked you from running this app: here's the thing,one or two days ago, I noticed that in somewhere of the setting, it says your windows product life cycle is ending or something, so I upgraded from 1803 to 1909using indows 10 Update Assistantnd after that when I try to run xunlei.exe at d:,it says that "an...
  9. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

an administrator has blocked you from running this app: When ever i run an .msc extension system tool this error pop up and i tried many other way which were asked to fix this problem on Microsoft blog. Please help me....
  10. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    an administrator has blocked you from running this app: I am trying out this 'getprivate' software and it installed correctly. When it run for first time it has no problem. when I close the windows, next time I launch it, it won't open, a window pop up, 'an administrator has blocked your from this app. I did some research on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mmc.exe blocked windows 10

2. an administrator has blocked you from running windows 10