Windows 10: Curious about Nvidia GPU and Directx12

Discus and support Curious about Nvidia GPU and Directx12 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I remember reading somewhere (several places actually but I really don't remember where) that all Nvidia GPUs that came supporting DX11.2 (I believe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Carsomyr, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Carsomyr Win User

Curious about Nvidia GPU and Directx12

So I remember reading somewhere (several places actually but I really don't remember where) that all Nvidia GPUs that came supporting DX11.2 (I believe Kepler and Maxwell?) would also support DX12... However, when I run DXDIAG The main page says 12 but the second page with the feature levels tops at 11.0? (which should at least be 11.2 I thought *sarc)

Curious about Nvidia GPU and Directx12 [​IMG]

EDIT: I have a Gigabyte GTX 750 lol might help if I mention the GPU I'm using Curious about Nvidia GPU and Directx12 :p Which says on the box it supports 11.2

:)

Carsomyr, Jul 2, 2015

2. no DirectX 12 on my windows 10 Curious about Nvidia GPU and Directx12 :(

I know I am coming late here but my GPU, namely gt440 supports DirectX 12 (not that's my main reason for upgrade but still...) but I am not seeing DirectX 12 on my system... I read somewhere that Fermi architecture will get support later this year but
    on NVidia site they say its directx12 compatible.

Alekskill124, Jul 2, 2015
  3. tech1126 Win User
    Upgraded to Windows Fall Creator and now i can't track my GPU in task manager

Hi as I was checking my task manager I noticed there wasn't any GPU tracking.I have directx12 and wddm.1.1.Before the upgrade I was able to see the GPU in the performance tab in Task Manager.

I could use a little help!

Thanks Folks,

tech1126, Jul 2, 2015
  4. Geneo Win User

Geneo, Jul 2, 2015
  5. venla Win User
    i have same thing with 760 GTX

venla, Jul 2, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    I'm not sure that the 353.38 drivers support DX12. Try reverting to 353.30.

bobkn, Jul 4, 2015
  7. 353.38 definitely supports DX12, at least on Maxwell.

Carsomyr,
    It is weird that 11.1 and 11.2 Feature Levels aren't showing up for you. Did they show up on earlier drivers? As for DX12, Nvidia may be holding off on Kepler until Windows 10 RTMs. That's just a guess though.

blackroseMD1, Jul 4, 2015
  8. bobkn Win User

Right. Now that I'm back at the machine, I see that 353.38 indeed supports DX12 (through 12.1) on a Maxwell GPU.

No idea what the problem might be with a 750.

bobkn, Jul 5, 2015
  9. Geneo Win User
    I don't think they (kepler) can support all of directx 12, only some of it, which means it will never show up as dx 12 in dxdiag.
    Kepler can't support dx 12 features that require hardware support that kepler already doesn't have. The first link I posted above explains it pretty well.

Geneo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Curious about Nvidia GPU and Directx12 - Similar Threads - Curious Nvidia GPU

2. Curious about Workgroups

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Curious about Workgroups: Just learned about workgroups, domains, and homegroups. Since all Windows 10 systems are assigned a default workgroup of WORKGROUP, does that technically mean all Windows systems not on a domain are in a workgroup with at least 1 person? I know this question is kinda silly;...
  3. Curious about this

Curious about this: Is the disk partition System Reserved the same as the system drive? submitted by /u/Jaykocravden [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hssyzb/curious_about_this/
  4. Curious About Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Curious About Storage Sense: I found articles on the web about a feature in Windows 10 Called Storage sense. However. none of the examples I see look nothing like mine. When I'm in 'Storage' I don't get a list of files to delete among other things. Also, I don't see a link to 'Change the way we free...
  5. Curious about Audio Drivers...

Curious about Audio Drivers...: Hi guys, I'm just wondering, AMD installed their audio drivers together with software however should I replace it with Realtek Drivers? I wonder if I should download it from realtek website (2017) or motherboard website (2015) or windows website (2019) submitted by...
  6. curious, where is the downloaded nvidia setup file?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    curious, where is the downloaded nvidia setup file?: nvidia said it had an updated driver, so I clicked run, but when I go to view in folder from edge, folder is empty? So where does it go? Also name of file did not mention windows 10? But it is installing now anyway. 125029
  7. curious, where is the downloaded nvidia setup file?

in Windows 10 Support
    curious, where is the downloaded nvidia setup file?: nvidia said it had an updated driver, so I clicked run, but when I go to view in folder from edge, folder is empty? So where does it go? Also name of file did not mention windows 10? But it is installing now anyway. 125029
  8. Question about DirectX12, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about DirectX12, Windows 10: Why I haven't Directx12 installed on my computer since I upgraded to windows 10 from win7? *Confused [img] 26532
  9. Curious about drives in Macrium

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Curious about drives in Macrium: I'm just wondering about all the small drives listed in Macrium. Is this normal to have all these 260, 128 mb and 450 mb listings? I have two hard drives, one SSD with Windows on (500 gb) and one secondary HD (3 TB). Drive letters C and H. Plus a Card reader internally built...
  10. Curious about Win 10 installs

in Windows 10 Support
    Curious about Win 10 installs: Is there a difference between a full install of Win 10 and the free upgrade? What I'm trying to ask is, once its installed, can you tell what you have? 15289