Windows 10: CURIOUS about Windows insisting on finishing a scan

Discus and support CURIOUS about Windows insisting on finishing a scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings, I've been noticing something for years but it's not really an issue. Per se. But I want to ask if anybody knows if my observation is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by The Pool Man, Nov 13, 2020.

1. CURIOUS about Windows insisting on finishing a scan

Greetings,

I've been noticing something for years but it's not really an issue. Per se. But I want to ask if anybody knows if my observation is accurate. For instance --

-- whenever I get a bad feeling I've visited a mean website, I reboot and run a Defender scan. But not the quickie one. The Full Monty. It can take like an hour if you leave the PC alone, hours if you don't. (Typing this is slowing it down, but I digress.)

Anyway. Suppose I start it but then feel like NAH NEVERMIND. There's kinda no way to turn it off. And so I resort to a reboot. But when you boot back up -- it continues running.

Is that normal? I mean shouldn't it simply quit the scan when shutting down? And by the way -- I did an actual shut down this time to make sure it Shatner'ed down. But sure enough, upon reboot -- in Task Manager -- this:

CURIOUS about Windows insisting on finishing a scan [​IMG]

Is that awesome computing or kinda obnoxious?

:)

The Pool Man, Nov 13, 2020

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Nov 13, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 13, 2020
  4. CURIOUS about Windows insisting on finishing a scan

windows defender scan not finish

Hi Lounes,

Just to clarify, Windows defender does not complete the scan, is that correct?

- Do you have any third party security software installed in the computer?

If so, I suggest you to temporarily disable it and check if the issue persists.

Disclaimer: If you have to temporarily disable the antivirus to install other software; you should enable the antivirus as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus
    software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to virus attacks.

If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and try the scan again. Follow the steps provided in the help article below:

Get to safe mode and other startup settings in Windows

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

CURIOUS about Windows insisting on finishing a scan

1. CURIOUS about Windows insisting on finishing a scan - Similar Threads - CURIOUS insisting finishing

2. I am just curious about these.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am just curious about these.: I. Why did MS said to love Linux? In my opinion, they just said it to migrate to Linux to Windows because of WSL, and make them buy their products, than simply love open source. I used WSL, but things like Libre is slow, but MS office 2010 is faster. I have used other ones,...
  3. curious about cut versus move

in Windows 10 Support
    curious about cut versus move: I have noticed that on large files move seems to be quicker that cut. I am curious what happens "under the hood". My best guess is that move creates a symbolic link without moving the file, and cut makes a new copy and deletes the old one. Am I anywhere near correct? If not,...
  4. Curious about Workgroups

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Curious about Workgroups: Just learned about workgroups, domains, and homegroups. Since all Windows 10 systems are assigned a default workgroup of WORKGROUP, does that technically mean all Windows systems not on a domain are in a workgroup with at least 1 person? I know this question is kinda silly;...
  5. Curious about this

Curious about this: Is the disk partition System Reserved the same as the system drive? submitted by /u/Jaykocravden [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hssyzb/curious_about_this/
  6. Curious About Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Curious About Storage Sense: I found articles on the web about a feature in Windows 10 Called Storage sense. However. none of the examples I see look nothing like mine. When I'm in 'Storage' I don't get a list of files to delete among other things. Also, I don't see a link to 'Change the way we free...
  7. Curious about Audio Drivers...

Curious about Audio Drivers...: Hi guys, I'm just wondering, AMD installed their audio drivers together with software however should I replace it with Realtek Drivers? I wonder if I should download it from realtek website (2017) or motherboard website (2015) or windows website (2019) submitted by...
  8. Curious about drives in Macrium

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Curious about drives in Macrium: I'm just wondering about all the small drives listed in Macrium. Is this normal to have all these 260, 128 mb and 450 mb listings? I have two hard drives, one SSD with Windows on (500 gb) and one secondary HD (3 TB). Drive letters C and H. Plus a Card reader internally built...
  9. A Curious Thing About Windows 10, if True

in Windows 10 Support
    A Curious Thing About Windows 10, if True: Don't know if this is true, but a guy I met today told me he had 3 computers, all running Windows 10. He said that if he didn't use one of them for about a month's time, it would automatically revert back to Windows 8. Is that the case? Doesn't matter to me ; I use my...
  10. Curious about Win 10 installs

in Windows 10 Support
    Curious about Win 10 installs: Is there a difference between a full install of Win 10 and the free upgrade? What I'm trying to ask is, once its installed, can you tell what you have? 15289