Windows 10: Curious about Workgroups

Discus and support Curious about Workgroups in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just learned about workgroups, domains, and homegroups. Since all Windows 10 systems are assigned a default workgroup of WORKGROUP, does that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/super_saiyan1500, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Curious about Workgroups

Just learned about workgroups, domains, and homegroups. Since all Windows 10 systems are assigned a default workgroup of WORKGROUP, does that technically mean all Windows systems not on a domain are in a workgroup with at least 1 person? I know this question is kinda silly; I'm just trying to learn as much as possible. Also, can Windows 10 systems on a domain be on a workgroup as well?

submitted by /u/super_saiyan1500
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/super_saiyan1500, Sep 24, 2020
  2. oemSoft Win User

Which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers?

For window 7, HomeUsers workgroup is available for selection, but HomeUsers is not available for window 10.

I would like to know on which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers as shown below

Window 10 only offer following workgroup selection.

• Administrators
    • Device owners
    • Distributed COM Users
    • Event Log Readers
    • Guests
    • Hyper-V Administrators
    • IIS_USRS
    • Performance Log Users
    • Performance Monitor users
    • Remote Management Users
    • System Managed Accounts group
    • Users

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, Sep 24, 2020
  3. oemSoft Win User
    Which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers?

Win+R type control userpasswords2, when you create new user accounts, you can assign workgroup as shown below:

Window 10 only offer following workgroup selection.

• Administrators
    • Device owners
    • Distributed COM Users
    • Event Log Readers
    • Guests
    • Hyper-V Administrators
    • IIS_USRS
    • Performance Log Users
    • Performance Monitor users
    • Remote Management Users
    • System Managed Accounts group
    • Users

Do you have any suggestions on which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers as shown above?

Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

oemSoft, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Curious about Workgroups

Switch from Homegroup to Workgroup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+ X, select
      System.

• Click on Advanced System settings.

• Under Computer Name tab click on
      change.

• Under “Member Of” change the Workgroup name

• Then click on OK, then when prompted
      reboot your device.

And also refer the article given below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/join-or-create-a-workgroup

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Curious about Workgroups

1. Curious about Workgroups - Similar Threads - Curious Workgroups

2. I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...: I have noticed over the past few months if not more, that when I try to copy text from the Windows 10 default mail app, that I basically need to copy the same text by typing ctrl C repeatedly at least 5 times in order to copy the text.I may have to go back and forth to the...
  3. I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...: I have noticed over the past few months if not more, that when I try to copy text from the Windows 10 default mail app, that I basically need to copy the same text by typing ctrl C repeatedly at least 5 times in order to copy the text.I may have to go back and forth to the...
  4. I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I feel curious when I turn off windows xp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I feel curious when I turn off windows xp: Guys I want to ask why I had updates everytime I shuts the windows xp??I didn't even install any updates,not even a viruses. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-feel-curious-when-i-turn-off-windows-xp/4e548569-8a5d-40b8-a1ba-c498ba2d0a7e
  6. I feel curious when I turn off windows xp

I feel curious when I turn off windows xp: Guys I want to ask why I had updates everytime I shuts the windows xp??I didn't even install any updates,not even a viruses. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-feel-curious-when-i-turn-off-windows-xp/4e548569-8a5d-40b8-a1ba-c498ba2d0a7e
  7. I am just curious.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am just curious.: Asking the community of anything a question about anything brings back the old "you get what you paid" slogan to mind.I'm just curious. How much do the experts pay Microsoft so that they can hang out in the support area and "help" peopleall day?...
  8. I am just curious.

I am just curious.: Asking the community of anything a question about anything brings back the old "you get what you paid" slogan to mind.I'm just curious. How much do the experts pay Microsoft so that they can hang out in the support area and "help" peopleall day?...
  9. I am just curious.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Curious question about Old OEM Keys on Windows XP

Curious question about Old OEM Keys on Windows XP: My first PC was in October 2002 I as a curious question about OEM Keys I basically got my question answered I understand there tied to the motherboard and doesn’t matter often you use the PC or how long you leave the PC off for you’ll still receive updates. But this time its...