Windows 10: Curious about Workgroups

Discus and support Curious about Workgroups in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just learned about workgroups, domains, and homegroups. Since all Windows 10 systems are assigned a default workgroup of WORKGROUP, does that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/super_saiyan1500, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Curious about Workgroups

Just learned about workgroups, domains, and homegroups. Since all Windows 10 systems are assigned a default workgroup of WORKGROUP, does that technically mean all Windows systems not on a domain are in a workgroup with at least 1 person? I know this question is kinda silly; I'm just trying to learn as much as possible. Also, can Windows 10 systems on a domain be on a workgroup as well?

submitted by /u/super_saiyan1500
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/super_saiyan1500, Sep 24, 2020
  2. oemSoft Win User

Which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers?

For window 7, HomeUsers workgroup is available for selection, but HomeUsers is not available for window 10.

I would like to know on which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers as shown below

Window 10 only offer following workgroup selection.

• Administrators
    • Device owners
    • Distributed COM Users
    • Event Log Readers
    • Guests
    • Hyper-V Administrators
    • IIS_USRS
    • Performance Log Users
    • Performance Monitor users
    • Remote Management Users
    • System Managed Accounts group
    • Users

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, Sep 24, 2020
  3. oemSoft Win User
    Which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers?

Win+R type control userpasswords2, when you create new user accounts, you can assign workgroup as shown below:

Window 10 only offer following workgroup selection.

• Administrators
    • Device owners
    • Distributed COM Users
    • Event Log Readers
    • Guests
    • Hyper-V Administrators
    • IIS_USRS
    • Performance Log Users
    • Performance Monitor users
    • Remote Management Users
    • System Managed Accounts group
    • Users

Do you have any suggestions on which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers as shown above?

Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

oemSoft, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Curious about Workgroups

Switch from Homegroup to Workgroup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+ X, select
      System.

• Click on Advanced System settings.

• Under Computer Name tab click on
      change.

• Under “Member Of” change the Workgroup name

• Then click on OK, then when prompted
      reboot your device.

And also refer the article given below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/join-or-create-a-workgroup

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Curious about Workgroups

1. Curious about Workgroups - Similar Threads - Curious Workgroups

2. Curious about this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Curious about this: Is the disk partition System Reserved the same as the system drive? submitted by /u/Jaykocravden [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hssyzb/curious_about_this/
  3. Curious About Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Curious About Storage Sense: I found articles on the web about a feature in Windows 10 Called Storage sense. However. none of the examples I see look nothing like mine. When I'm in 'Storage' I don't get a list of files to delete among other things. Also, I don't see a link to 'Change the way we free...
  4. AOMEI and a curious issue with Adobe Reader DC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    AOMEI and a curious issue with Adobe Reader DC: I wonder if anyone could check this... I'm running AOMEI Professional 5.7.0 having updated from the previous version a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to look something up in the user pdf manual which is installed by default in the AOMEI program files folder and this manual is...
  5. a curious M2 NVme question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    a curious M2 NVme question: Computer hp Pavillion 590-p0053w Desktop I replaced the optane drive with a M2 NVme drive no problems other then taking it out of raid mode in the bios. It now is my system drive. According to the motherboard diagrams the wifi slot is also M2. I'm wondering if I could put a...
  6. Curious about "An Administrator has blocked you from this app" was fix with windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Curious about "An Administrator has blocked you from this app" was fix with windows update: Few day ago, when I was trying to access the "Create Partition" Just managing my disk partitions. it gave an error message of an Admin has blocked access. Then, I went on the web to find a solution. And found one that works but it requires to use the Registry Editor. But...
  7. Genuinely curious why I got this after logging in. I haven't installed any updates. I...

Genuinely curious why I got this after logging in. I haven't installed any updates. I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KingAlrighty [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkjf6y/genuinely_curious_why_i_got_this_after_logging_in/
  8. Bitlocker: I'm really curious about how Bitlocker not only got installed but got turned on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker: I'm really curious about how Bitlocker not only got installed but got turned on: My niece has a Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home. A few weeks ago when she tried to use it she got a screen asking for her for a Bitlocker Recovery Key. My questions are Does Dell include a version of Bitlocker on a home version of Windows 10 or is it possible she...
  9. Curious: storing other files on an installation drive

Curious: storing other files on an installation drive: I just used the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB just in case I ever need it. There is still about 24GB free on the USB. Does this have to stay empty or can other files be stored there? (of course in a separate folder on the drive) submitted by...
  10. One weird thing happen with my laptop. I am curious to know why

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    One weird thing happen with my laptop. I am curious to know why: My Laptop battery got damaged completely. It is not working with out A/C input. To keep it in another way If I remove A/C Input If I remove external power Laptop getting shutdown. So I brought new battery and replaced It with old one. After that every thing went good. I just...