Windows 10: Curious Annoyance - Mouse Over Window Activation

Discus and support Curious Annoyance - Mouse Over Window Activation in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro - 1903 Build 18362.449 All latest updates as of today. Recently I have notices an annoyance involving activating a window by hovering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PiratusInteruptus, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Curious Annoyance - Mouse Over Window Activation

Windows 10 Pro - 1903 Build 18362.449 All latest updates as of today.

Recently I have notices an annoyance involving activating a window by hovering over it with the mouse. I sincerely detest this feature as I have had it set up the other way for years now and I suppose I have got used to it being set so that you have to click on a window to activate it.

Usually, right after a clean boot, I'll have to go into the Control Panel > Ease of Access > and uncheck 'Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse.' Then everything is good to go until I reboot the box.

I have combed through my settings to see if maybe I have a conflicting option activated that makes this come back each time I re-boot. So far I have found none. I don't have any other 'tweaking' software installed that would conflict with this setting either.

I've searched online and most of the instructions involve manually deactivating this option in the Control Panel. Is there a regedit that anyone has knowledge of that could reset this option permanently?

submitted by /u/PiratusInteruptus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PiratusInteruptus, Nov 9, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 9, 2019
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Nov 9, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Curious Annoyance - Mouse Over Window Activation

Curious small window bug - Win7 - UPDATE: Command line -tab parameter issue?

Any steps to reproduce? GPU-Z dynamically changes the window border/size to enable resize only when sensor tab is active

W1zzard, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Curious Annoyance - Mouse Over Window Activation

1. Curious Annoyance - Mouse Over Window Activation - Similar Threads - Curious Annoyance Mouse

2. "Mouse Over"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Mouse Over": It used to be called "mouse over." Windows automatically switches to the open window under your mouse pointer. Is there a way to slow down the reaction time from instant. I often have multiple windows open and the one I want buries itself and I end up having to manually...
  3. Annoying activation probs

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Annoying activation probs: Just bought windows 10 to install on my Apple mac via boot camp. Works well except I cannot activate it.. I get code 0x004F213. when I try to input the code that came with it, it won't take it. I only takes 24 digits of the 25 it's supposed to have. Can anyone help?...
  4. Annoying Activation Problem

Annoying Activation Problem: Need help. I'll give as much information as I can. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 installed in Chinese purchased new in China. Unfortunately, we couldn't add English as an operating language, so I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. Since then, I've been...
  5. Curious

Curious: I've been having issues for about a month with my windows 10 on the activation side. I've been getting help through tech support and they got me an ISO to install. My question is - can I still use the key that came pre-installed on my comp, or do I have to go and strike up...
  6. Curious

in Windows 10 Support
    Curious: This is a pic of my drive can someone please in simple language atel me what the partitions contain - I have a rough idea but would appreciate knowing what they are 118689
  7. Curious...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Curious...: I'm waiting to see if the new users of Windows 9 still get themselves into trouble as they did with all the other Windows OS's. *Tongue Hopefully, {some} have learned through time, to be vigilant about security. *Wink 1755
  8. Curious

in Windows 10 Support
    Curious: I just read on here that after 30 days when upgrading from 7 to 10 all the 7 files will be deleted, is that true? I created my 2nd drive just to upgrade so don't really care if 7 is deleted unless it creates problems. How I actually got Win 10 to upgrade from 7 I'm not...
  9. Change Time to Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Time to Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows: How to: Change Time to Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows How to Change Time to Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows By default in Windows, you need to click/tap on a window to make it active and bring it into focus. If you turn...
  10. Turn On or Off Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows: How to: Turn On or Off Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows How to Turn On or Off Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows By default in Windows, you need to click/tap on a window to make it active and bring it into focus. If you like,...