Windows 10: Curious Browser app discrepancies after upgrading to Win10

Discus and support Curious Browser app discrepancies after upgrading to Win10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After doing an in-place upgrade from Win7 to Win10, I'm seeing some curious discrepancies within the Win10 Settings\Apps areas: Win10's Settings\Apps... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Al Nonymous, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Curious Browser app discrepancies after upgrading to Win10

After doing an in-place upgrade from Win7 to Win10, I'm seeing some curious discrepancies within the Win10 Settings\Apps areas:

Win10's Settings\Apps & features, lists just two browsers:
    - one Mozilla Firefox app.
    - one Microsoft Edge app.
    And Win10's Settings\Default Apps, correctly lists Firefox as my default web browser.

However,
    Win10's Settings\Default Apps\Set defaults by app, shows:
    - one Microsoft Edge icon (that's ok)
    - two Firefox icons. (Why are there two Firefox icons?)
    - one Internet Explorer icon. (Why do I see an Internet Explorer icon, if Internet Explorer does not show up as an installed app? When I upgraded, didn't Microsoft Edge replace Internet Explorer?)

Many thanks in advance,

Winver 1903, Build 18362.418
    Firefox 70.0.1 (64-bit)

:)

Al Nonymous, Nov 3, 2019
  2. larrymcg Win User

Revo Uninstaller List Differs from Win10 Progs and Features List

I'm running Win10 Pro 64bit and Revo Uninstaller Pro v3.1.5. There is a huge discrepancy in the installed programs lists provided by Revo Uninstaller and the Win10 Programs and Features control panel. They both say there are 83 installs (that's good). But Revo Uninstaller claims that 15 programs were installed a few days ago on 2/29/2016. The correct number is 3 which is what Win10 says. Today I uninstalled Revo Uninstaller (using Revo Uninstaller to do it) and then reinstalled it. No help.

I guess it might be OK to ignore this discrepancy but I find it surprising.

Suggestions?

-- Larry

larrymcg, Nov 3, 2019
  3. defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Nov 3, 2019
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Curious Browser app discrepancies after upgrading to Win10

Revo Uninstaller List Differs from Win10 Progs and Features List

I show same thing. You may have discovered a "leap day" bug in the Revo app. I wouldn't worry about it, honestly. It's how it calculates the term "Recently". If you use CCleaner and look at tools/uninstall it list progs. Sort descending date...you get a another answer.

f14tomcat, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Curious Browser app discrepancies after upgrading to Win10

1. Curious Browser app discrepancies after upgrading to Win10 - Similar Threads - Curious Browser app

2. Registry discrepancies

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registry discrepancies: I could not find a more appropriate category for this question.What to make of the fact that a SEARCH in RegScanner can reveal results that do not appear in Regedit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-discrepancies/7edf7060-056e-495a-a19d-51f5c433e241
  3. Apps and features storage discrepancy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps and features storage discrepancy: When I look at my storage space in settings, it says apps and features take up 64.5 gb. However, when I go into the control panel and look at the list of installed programs and features there, it says they only total to 1.45 gb. Anyone know what's causing this discrepancy?...
  4. Curious

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Curious: I've been having issues for about a month with my windows 10 on the activation side. I've been getting help through tech support and they got me an ISO to install. My question is - can I still use the key that came pre-installed on my comp, or do I have to go and strike up...
  5. File size discrepancy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File size discrepancy: Hey all, I'm having an issue with downloading a file. The file is 1.3 GB while this PC has 2.36 GB remaining, yet still uses up all disk space when attempting to download. (P.S. downloading .zip files to a USB appears to corrupt them)...
  6. Curious about my Win7 key and moving to Win10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Curious about my Win7 key and moving to Win10.: I currently have Windows 7 on my custom-built desktop, with a (OEM?) key that can be used up to 3 times. I have only activated it once (maybe twice after needing to replace the CPU+motherboard, no reinstallation), and I am planning to reinstall Windows 7 on the same desktop...
  7. Curious

in Windows 10 Support
    Curious: This is a pic of my drive can someone please in simple language atel me what the partitions contain - I have a rough idea but would appreciate knowing what they are 118689
  8. Curious...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Curious...: I'm waiting to see if the new users of Windows 9 still get themselves into trouble as they did with all the other Windows OS's. *Tongue Hopefully, {some} have learned through time, to be vigilant about security. *Wink 1755
  9. BSOD after upgrade to Win10/trouble "Resetting" Win10/

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after upgrade to Win10/trouble "Resetting" Win10/: A few months back I: Purchased a new Samsung 850 EVO SSHD and also upgraded from Win7 to Win10. After the upgrade I started experiencing seemingly random system lock-ups. They occur one of two ways: 1. happens periodically when the system is left running on the desktop....
  10. Curious

in Windows 10 Support
    Curious: I just read on here that after 30 days when upgrading from 7 to 10 all the 7 files will be deleted, is that true? I created my 2nd drive just to upgrade so don't really care if 7 is deleted unless it creates problems. How I actually got Win 10 to upgrade from 7 I'm not...