Windows 10: Curious W10 Mail bug since 1809 Update

Discus and support Curious W10 Mail bug since 1809 Update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have 4 different mail accounts (Hotmail, Yahoo, Comcast, & Gmail) that I read in both Outlook 365 & W10 Mail. Although I usually read new messages... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gpstoloff, Oct 13, 2018.

1. gpstoloff Win User

Curious W10 Mail bug since 1809 Update

I have 4 different mail accounts (Hotmail, Yahoo, Comcast, & Gmail) that I read in both Outlook 365 & W10 Mail.

Although I usually read new messages in Outlook, I have W10 Mail configured to show a merged Inbox and then the Spam & Deleted Items folders for each account (because they can't be merged) in my Favorites. That way, I can easily use Empty Folder to clean junk & previously read mail with 3 clicks.

Each account calls these folders something different: Yahoo - Bulk Mail & Deleted Items, Comcast - Junk Mail & Deleted Items, Gmail - Spam & Trash, Outlook - Junk & Deleted Items. So, I can easily detect which account's folder I'm in by checking the folder name in the Favorites pane.

But, since the 1809 update, W10 Mail has changed the Comcast, Gmail & Outlook folder names in the Favorites pane to read Junk Mail & Deleted Items -- but didn't change the Yahoo folder names! Yet, when I select any affected folder, it displays the correct folder name in the Message List pane.

Any ideas? Anyone else experience this? "It is a puzzlement!"

:)

gpstoloff, Oct 13, 2018

2. Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 13, 2018
  3. WillBthr Win User
    Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Davidp8 Win User

how to add contact to new mail in w10

My issue is with W10 new mail. Transferring contacts and (if possible) mail messages from old live mail.

I don't understand the People App?

I cannot see any steps to take me to a contact list on the new mail pages.

I have tried saving from old contacts list , but how to import them?

the references given don't seem to line up with mu window in mail.

Then how to import G-mail address list?

David

Davidp8, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Curious W10 Mail bug since 1809 Update - Similar Threads - Curious W10 Mail

2. Windows not updating since 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not updating since 1809: Hi, My windows has not been updating since version 1809 17763.1339, which will lose support soon. Every time I try to update the first phases work fine but on the last restart it gets stuck on the boot logo after which I have to force reset it, which causes the update to...
  3. Strange screen glitch/bug since upgrade to W10!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange screen glitch/bug since upgrade to W10!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheJubstep [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eayjf4/strange_screen_glitchbug_since_upgrade_to_w10/
  4. W10 1809 to 1903 update

W10 1809 to 1903 update: Lenovo ThinkCentre E73, I have updated from W10 1809 to 1903 and the PC has now gone really slow and having issues with admin rights, I have chkdsk'd and scannow'd' but no issues found. Tried an inplace update in case windows was corrupted and get the message some hardware on...
  5. Minor UI Bug Since Build 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Minor UI Bug Since Build 1809: Hi everyone, The number of critical preventing bugs even in official RTM ISOs are increasing, unfortunately! Some are minor UI changes that are annoying, because since Windows 98 this was the default behavior. For users who are working with Windows 12 hours per day...
  6. W10 1809 update freezes PC

W10 1809 update freezes PC: updating a Dell laptop from W10 1803. At 100% complete on W10 1809 update, it has frozen. Ctrl-Alt-Del & Power button have no effect. No idea on how I can reboot! Any ideas?...
  7. Scroll in Mail is choppy since Win 10 October feature update 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scroll in Mail is choppy since Win 10 October feature update 1809: Since installing the Windows 10 October feature update 1809, when I use the scroll wheel on my mouse the display becomes very jittery until I stop rolling the scroll wheel. This did not happen before this recent feature update. Any ideas?...
  8. Problems since update 1809

Problems since update 1809: Does anyone have the same problems ? Notification center : _ Notification center does not display history. _ During an alarm (clock for example) nothing happens except the notification icon of the task bar which changes to white color. Microsoft Edge : Edge does not shut...
  9. Can't open files stored in e-mail since updating to W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open files stored in e-mail since updating to W10: Before I had W10, I would store important e-mails in e-mail files. When I upgraded to W10, I still have the titles of the files, but when I click on them, they won't open. I've a lot of important info in those files I can't access, i.e. KEYS to programs. How can I open those...
  10. Any updates to "Mail" in W10

in Browsers and Email
    Any updates to "Mail" in W10: Hi are there any updates to "Mail" in W10. I have disabled it on my PC's and do not want to go through the myriad of incorrect how to's just to see if it has changed. My main interests are, can you now have a single line header like in WLM and can you disable the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. comcast gmail.com

2. inbox empty since 1809 update

3. w10 1809 problems

4. w10 1809,
  5. bug w10 1809