Windows 10: Curious - what the partitions contain

Discus and support Curious - what the partitions contain in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a pic of my drive can someone please in simple language atel me what the partitions contain - I have a rough idea but would appreciate knowing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Sep 28, 2018.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Curious - what the partitions contain

This is a pic of my drive can someone please in simple language atel me what the partitions contain - I have a rough idea but would appreciate knowing what they are

:)

ICIT2LOL, Sep 28, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 28, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Uninstall problem

Open the Admin Command Prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. List disk
    3. select disk # where # is the disk that contains hidden partitions
    4. list par
    5. select partition #
    6. delete partition OVERRIDE
    7. repeat steps 5 & 6 for the additional hidden partitions.
    8. exit
    OR:
    if you want to clean the whole disk, after step 3 above
    Type: clean
    Type: exit

topgundcp, Sep 28, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Why do I have an "Invalid Partition Table"?

The partition scheme from disk management is not standard Windows 10 and you are correct that the partition ID is set to 27 which is specific to DELL: an OEM and a Recovery partition containing the original factory image (set to 27). The reason is to allow user to recover the WinOS back to the original state using a function key. However, you've already upgrade to Windows 10, you probably won't need it, beside, you also had a backup copy on the 2nd HD.

A normal Windows 10 partition scheme for MBR disk type is:
    1. 500MB System Reserved (set to 07) which contains BCD and WinRE.wim
    2. C drive.

It is easy to fix the problem without re-install Windows and apps. If you wish, I can give you step by step instruction.

topgundcp, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Curious - what the partitions contain - Similar Threads - Curious partitions contain

2. Curious what these icons mean with the new "News and Interests"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Curious what these icons mean with the new "News and Interests": 1 user noticed this red dot that I could not find on anybody else's machine. Curious at to what it means? It just recently went away but what there for a few days. We also noticed at times AQI 55 appears for our location. Turning off News and Interests unfortunately didnt...
  3. EFI System Partition Curiousity

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EFI System Partition Curiousity: I'm preparing to upgrade a laptop from HDD to SSD. It had a second Recovery Partition in the beginning of the disk, which we know can be deleted from v2004 on. Because I plan to transfer everything by Disk Image restore I thought I would clean up the disk beforehand and...
  4. Curious about this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Curious about this: Is the disk partition System Reserved the same as the system drive? submitted by /u/Jaykocravden [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hssyzb/curious_about_this/
  5. Curious

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Curious: I've been having issues for about a month with my windows 10 on the activation side. I've been getting help through tech support and they got me an ISO to install. My question is - can I still use the key that came pre-installed on my comp, or do I have to go and strike up...
  6. just curious

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    just curious: How many of you have more than 2 external drives attached to your system? I have 4 ,storage , backups, video and pic editing, and just text , music and comics. How many of you have moved your dvd to "a" or "b" drive? originally old floppy drives? Mines B drive. 129372
  7. just curious

in Windows 10 Support
    just curious: How many of you have more than 2 external drives attached to your system? I have 4 ,storage , backups, video and pic editing, and just text , music and comics. How many of you have moved your dvd to "a" or "b" drive? originally old floppy drives? Mines B drive. 129372
  8. Curious

in Windows 10 Support
    Curious: This is a pic of my drive can someone please in simple language atel me what the partitions contain - I have a rough idea but would appreciate knowing what they are 118689
  9. Curious...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Curious...: I'm waiting to see if the new users of Windows 9 still get themselves into trouble as they did with all the other Windows OS's. *Tongue Hopefully, {some} have learned through time, to be vigilant about security. *Wink 1755
  10. Curious

in Windows 10 Support
    Curious: I just read on here that after 30 days when upgrading from 7 to 10 all the 7 files will be deleted, is that true? I created my 2nd drive just to upgrade so don't really care if 7 is deleted unless it creates problems. How I actually got Win 10 to upgrade from 7 I'm not...