Windows 10: curious, where is the downloaded nvidia setup file?

Discus and support curious, where is the downloaded nvidia setup file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; nvidia said it had an updated driver, so I clicked run, but when I go to view in folder from edge, folder is empty? So where does it go? Also name of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Jan 10, 2019.

1. curious, where is the downloaded nvidia setup file?

nvidia said it had an updated driver, so I clicked run, but when I go to view in folder from edge, folder is empty? So where does it go?

Also name of file did not mention windows 10?
    But it is installing now anyway.

:)

sdowney717, Jan 10, 2019

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jan 10, 2019
  3. LIV
    Liv Win User
    Files all downloaded but last part of setup failed

Hi. I was invited to download/install Windows 10 and I followed all the steps to download the files. Then I clicked to install it and it seemed to be doing it. Windows closed down and the computer restarted, but when it opened again it was still Windows 7 and there was a box up relating to Windows upgrades that that said the 'latest upgrade' had failed, and there was a button to click to download Windows 10 if I wanted to (again?!). I don't know where all the files are that were downloaded and what I should do. I saw a suggestion somewhere that firewall/antivirus software can be a problem. I have Bitdefender, that doesn't allow you to disable it.. I suppose I could remove it completely before trying again? But otherwise what should I do? I don't want to download a lot of duplicate files again.

Thanks for any suggestions.

4. curious, where is the downloaded nvidia setup file?

Trying to download Free windows 10 and my computer ?s NVIDIA ?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• What is the model number of NVIDIA Graphic card?

Method 1:
    This issue might be occurring due to the incompatibility of the
    Nvidia graphics card driver
    with the new OS. So I Suggest to uninstall the graphics card driver and install the latest driver from the manufacturer website and check and then try to upgrade.

Step 1: uninstall the display drivers.

a. Press Windows + X, Click
    Device
    Manager.

b. Expand Display Adapters.

c. Check if the name of the graphic card is the list.

d. Right click on the Display Adapter’s name and click
    uninstall.

e. Once you uninstall the drivers it will prompt to restart the computer, do not restart the computer.

f. It will take default drivers in the computer.

Step 2: Reinstall the drivers.

Please download the drivers from the computer Manufacturer’s website and reinstall the drivers.

Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Method 2:

I suggest you to refer the below links and follow the suggestions
    How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

How to: Troubleshoot Common Setup and Stop Errors During Windows 10 Installation

How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

How to: Fix Windows 10 Setup Failure

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, let us know and we would be glad to help you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

curious, where is the downloaded nvidia setup file?

1. curious, where is the downloaded nvidia setup file? - Similar Threads - curious where downloaded

2. WHERE IS THE WIN 10 SETUP FILES BE STORED?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHERE IS THE WIN 10 SETUP FILES BE STORED?: I need those files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-win-10-setup-files-be-stored/5fcffad3-df57-43fc-858f-4f087ae65e04
  3. Curious

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Curious: I've been having issues for about a month with my windows 10 on the activation side. I've been getting help through tech support and they got me an ISO to install. My question is - can I still use the key that came pre-installed on my comp, or do I have to go and strike up...
  4. curious, where is the downloaded nvidia setup file?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    curious, where is the downloaded nvidia setup file?: nvidia said it had an updated driver, so I clicked run, but when I go to view in folder from edge, folder is empty? So where does it go? Also name of file did not mention windows 10? But it is installing now anyway. 125029
  5. Curious

in Windows 10 Support
    Curious: This is a pic of my drive can someone please in simple language atel me what the partitions contain - I have a rough idea but would appreciate knowing what they are 118689
  6. Curious...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Curious...: I'm waiting to see if the new users of Windows 9 still get themselves into trouble as they did with all the other Windows OS's. *Tongue Hopefully, {some} have learned through time, to be vigilant about security. *Wink 1755
  7. Curious about Nvidia GPU and Directx12

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Curious about Nvidia GPU and Directx12: So I remember reading somewhere (several places actually but I really don't remember where) that all Nvidia GPUs that came supporting DX11.2 (I believe Kepler and Maxwell?) would also support DX12... However, when I run DXDIAG The main page says 12 but the second page with...
  8. Curious

in Windows 10 Support
    Curious: I just read on here that after 30 days when upgrading from 7 to 10 all the 7 files will be deleted, is that true? I created my 2nd drive just to upgrade so don't really care if 7 is deleted unless it creates problems. How I actually got Win 10 to upgrade from 7 I'm not...
  9. Install SETUP file after download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install SETUP file after download: A friend has downloaded Win 10 to a Win 7 PC. Now he wants to install. A directory (folder) contains the files, with SETUP.exe to kick off the process, but I don't recall where it is located. Been too long, so please jog my memory. Was it GWX? Or perhaps my friend can...
  10. Cannot specify where to download files

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot specify where to download files: In Windows 10, I need to download sound files from a web site onto my portable device. The files are downloaded, but I cannot specify where I want them to go; they all go to C:\user\downloads, without pausing to ask me. Thanks for any help. 11807