Windows 10: Currency conversion in Windows Calculator and other Currency Conversions Apps do not work

Discus and support Currency conversion in Windows Calculator and other Currency Conversions Apps do not work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The currency conversion tool n the Windows Calculator stopped working on around 04/02/2020. I've found that other currency conversion apps will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dave Carr 385, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Currency conversion in Windows Calculator and other Currency Conversions Apps do not work

The currency conversion tool n the Windows Calculator stopped working on around 04/02/2020.

I've found that other currency conversion apps will not work. They seem to have trouble accessing the internet.
    There isn't an issue with the firewall.
    Have run SFC that does not report a problem,
    but one diagnostic test run through Power Shell suggests a number of issues around .xml files or .edb files that may have been moved or no longer exist, or won't update because a superseded version exists.
    I have tried both a reset, and then a complete uninstall and reinstall of the calculator and the other apps and there is no difference.

:)

Dave Carr 385, Feb 7, 2020

2. Cortana now gets confused over currency conversions

Before you perform the recovery options, we suggest trying the troubleshooting steps in this

article
    . It may help you resolve the issue with your Cortana currency conversations.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Marilou Ser, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Cortana now gets confused over currency conversions

Rose, before I proceed with any more steps from Microsoft that waste hours of my time, can you please try the same currency conversion queries from my video on your computer, please?

I have tried two different computers, one with near-factory settings, and Cortana cannot do this simple calculation.

I asked your colleague to try this and she refused. Perhaps Cortana really cannot do currency conversions any more but no one there wants to admit it.

Your first link is exactly the same as what your colleague already provided so I feel you are all taking me round in circles here.

As my request will take a few minutes, and your first step alone wastes a few hours (or days), then it would seem to be more time-saving if you would simply accede.

According to the links in your second link, those situations detailed on those pages do not apply to me.

Please report back what you find, then I will be happy to consider proceeding on other steps.

Jack Yan, Jack Yan & Associates, Feb 7, 2020
  4. DL2357 Win User

Currency conversion in Windows Calculator and other Currency Conversions Apps do not work

Buying Windows 10 From Another Vendor and Adding Purchase to My Account and Currency Conversion Rates

Hi, Everyone,

I would like to ask if it is possible to buy a copy of Windows 10 from another authorized vendor like Amazon.com and then add the purchase to my Microsoft Account later.

Also, I would like to know if Microsoft has a higher currency conversion rate for people who pay in foreign currency (for example, the market conversion rate of USD to another currency may be 1 : 2, but the conversion rate for purchasing goods on this website
    is 1 : 2.3).

DL2357, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Currency conversion in Windows Calculator and other Currency Conversions Apps do not work

1. Currency conversion in Windows Calculator and other Currency Conversions Apps do not work - Similar Threads - Currency conversion Calculator

2. Missing Currency in calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Currency in calculator: I am trying to use currency conversion in Calculator in Win 10 to convert Euro to USD, but i don't see USD listed anymore Tried resetting the app, uninstalling, reinstalling, restarted my laptop a few times nothing works. It's like the United States Dollar disappeared from...
  3. Missing Currency in calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Currency in calculator: I am trying to use currency conversion in Calculator in Win 10 to convert Euro to USD, but i don't see USD listed anymore Tried resetting the app, uninstalling, reinstalling, restarted my laptop a few times nothing works. It's like the United States Dollar disappeared from...
  4. Missing Currency in calculator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Missing currency on calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing currency on calculator: I cant find usd on my calculator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-currency-on-calculator/24ed6da5-e70d-4c76-8da9-b1d7b7402fa1
  6. Missing currency on calculator

Missing currency on calculator: I cant find usd on my calculator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-currency-on-calculator/24ed6da5-e70d-4c76-8da9-b1d7b7402fa1
  7. Calculator's currency converter not working. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator's currency converter not working. How do I fix it?: Hello,In my Calculator app that comes with Microsoft 11, the currency converter is not working. All other modules are working fine. In fact, the currency converter doesn't display anything except an Update rates button. When I click on Update rates, nothing happens.This is...
  8. Calculator's currency converter not working. How do I fix it?

Calculator's currency converter not working. How do I fix it?: Hello,In my Calculator app that comes with Microsoft 11, the currency converter is not working. All other modules are working fine. In fact, the currency converter doesn't display anything except an Update rates button. When I click on Update rates, nothing happens.This is...
  9. Missing Currency in calculator

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Missing Currency in calculator: I am trying to use currency conversion in Calculator in Win 10 to convert USD to Eastern Caribbean Dollars XCD. I don't see it listed. XCD is used in Grenada, Anguilla, St. Vincent & Grenadines, St. Kitts and a few other islands in the Caribbean. Can this currency be added...
  10. Calculator currency convertor not working

Calculator currency convertor not working: Windows 10 Calculator will take me to the Currency Convertor but no currencies are displayed and I cannot enter any numbers. Presumably I have disabled an important permission. Can anyone point in the direction of what needs to be enabled?...