Windows 10: Current folder search shows subfolder results - anyone else getting this problem?

Discus and support Current folder search shows subfolder results - anyone else getting this problem? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/if155 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4aqzc/current_folder_search_shows_subfolder_results/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/if155, Aug 5, 2020.

1. /u/if155 Win User

Current folder search shows subfolder results - anyone else getting this problem?

/u/if155, Aug 5, 2020

2. File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work

Hi Aditya,

I created the new user administrator account on the PC, logged in to that account and created several strings of folders and subfolders to search as well as searching existing folders and subfolders. The results were the same. The 'Current folder' doesn't
    work.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lance

LanceWindsor3, Aug 5, 2020
  3. scottyja Win User
    Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders

So here's a picture of the file in it's folder:

Current folder search shows subfolder results - anyone else getting this problem? [​IMG]

Even weirder - if I search from c:, I can find the file:

Current folder search shows subfolder results - anyone else getting this problem? [​IMG]

If I drill down to *any* sub-folder (in this case Users), no dice:

If I search for *any* file named "IMG*", which there are thousands, I get nothing, even when doing the search from the folder the files are in:

I get similar behavior with mp3 or mp4 files. If I search the whole c: or e:, I can find thousands. Drill down to my User directories and nothing comes up. This is a head scratcher.

Search reset has not helped.

scottyja, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Current folder search shows subfolder results - anyone else getting this problem?

Has the ability to turn off searching subfolders to the current folder been abolished?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me help you clarify your doubts.

The ability to turn off searching subfolders to the current folder is not abolished. If you are facing difficulties with the same, I suggest you to run
    Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps

Follow the below method.

Method 1: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks to see whether you have the
    correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows
      key + W key on your desktop.

• Write Troubleshooting
      in the search box on the upper right hand corner.

• Select the Troubleshooting
      option obtained after the search.

• Select View All
      option.

• Select the Search and Indexing.

• Click on Next
      to perform the Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.
    Check if the issue persists or not.

Please reply with the updated status and details. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Current folder search shows subfolder results - anyone else getting this problem?

1. Current folder search shows subfolder results - anyone else getting this problem? - Similar Threads - Current folder search

2. Anyone else get this spam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anyone else get this spam?: Refund and Cancel the Renewal Dear Customer, We Thank You on the completion of your 1 year Windows Defender protection plan with 24/7 technical support. We have charged you $299 for the 12 months of subscription from your account. We tried to contact you on your registered...
  3. Show search results in English?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show search results in English?: I am using Windows 10 in my native language. Often I look online to see solutions to different problems that show step by step guides through menus and settings. The guides are in English but when I type English keywords in the search bar it does not show the results because...
  4. Anyone else have a 'ModifiableWindowsApps' folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else have a 'ModifiableWindowsApps' folder?: I've just noticed a folder I've never seen before in my Program Files folder called ModifiableWindowsApps and just wanna know if anyone else has this folder. There is also a principal listing in its security tab for a: Account...
  5. Search file not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search file not showing results: HI, I have a file, and when I search for "youtube" it doesn't show results. but when I search for "youtu" it will highlight the "youtu" in each name of the links and show all the links. if I add the b , again there will be no results. why is it? thanks! 134238
  6. Outlook: can I search "current folder" & "subfolders" simultaneously?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook: can I search "current folder" & "subfolders" simultaneously?: Id like to be able to search ALL of my folders (in my current folder and all subfolders), simultaneously. I was able to do this in the previous version. Can I do this in 2016? Thanks in advance. 118543
  7. Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders: I apologize if I get some of the terminology wrong. Hopefully the screenshots will help. Basically if I open Windows Explorer and select Pictures from the Navigation page, I can search for a file (IMG_2354) and find it correctly. The file is located in...
  8. Anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else have this problem?: i have windows 10 installed and generally like it. and the only thing holding me back from using edge, is there is no extensions for it. But the problem i have is that it runs fine, but suddenly it will no longer recognize the hard drive, and even startup diagnostics cant fix...
  9. View Poll Results: Has anyone else had this problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Has anyone else had this problem?: On my desktop PC, ugraded to 10 on Friday morning, been using all weekend no problems. On Monday we had a winter wonderland, was checking snow history when electricity went off momentarily. PC shut down. I had perhaps 5 wiindows open at the time. PC powered back with...
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886