Windows 10: current leaked build 9901 will not install on vmware

Discus and support current leaked build 9901 will not install on vmware in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there I think people who want to try the leaked build 9901 on a VM will be disappointed -- attempting to install from the ISO on either WKS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Dec 14, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

current leaked build 9901 will not install on vmware

Hi there

I think people who want to try the leaked build 9901 on a VM will be disappointed -- attempting to install from the ISO on either WKS 10.0.4 or WKS 11 causes message at boot --error in virtual CPU caused the VM to fail. (VMware workstation -- same in vmplayer).

I haven't tried it on real hardware yet. HOST system was Windows 8.1

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 14, 2014
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Fall creators update(1709) fails on VMware virtual machines

Hi,

Since using a Windows 10 Enterprise edition is already out of our scope in the Microsoft Community forums, we suggest posting your concern in

TechNet
    so that our IT Pro audience can provide the needed resources to resolve your concern.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Dec 14, 2014
  3. aim9xray Win User
    Fall creators update(1709) fails on VMware virtual machines

Hi

I've successfully been upgrading our Win10 Enterprise x64 corporate laptops to the fall creators update (build 1709).

However, if I try to to do the same thing with our VMs, that have been deployed from the exact same ISO, the update fails

with the error message "Operating system: Contact your system administrator to upgrade windows server or enterprise editions".

Does anyone have the same problem, or even better, a solution for it?

--S

[ Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup ]

aim9xray, Dec 14, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Bummer! Thanks for the 'heads up'!

Edwin, Dec 14, 2014
  5. In the settings for your virtual machine you have to use other os 64 bit and it works. It worked for me.

larry110672, Dec 15, 2014
  6. Superfly Win User
    Apparently, one has to install in efi mode.

Superfly, Dec 15, 2014
  7. adamf Win User
    I clean installed 9901 in BIOS mode in VirtualBox using the Windows 8.1 x64 template.

Installation hung twice using 100% CPU so each time I powered off and on again . Third reboot it completed successfully and it is working fine. I did read somewhere some people need 3 reboots to start but can't remember where - anyway it worked for me.

adamf, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. current leaked build 9901 will not install on vmware - Similar Threads - current leaked build

2. RAM build up / leak

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAM build up / leak: Hey all, so my work computer has an issue where if I leave the computer open for too long, the RAM usage will simply build up continuously. This is to the point where I will start having difficulty working with some of my more RAM intesnive applications (Davinci Resolve,...
  3. RAM build up / leak

in Windows 10 Support
    RAM build up / leak: Hey all, so my work computer has an issue where if I leave the computer open for too long, the RAM usage will simply build up continuously. This is to the point where I will start having difficulty working with some of my more RAM intesnive applications (Davinci Resolve,...
  4. VMware broken in build 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VMware broken in build 2004: I found out the hard way that Windows 10 build 2004 does not like VMware. Or VirtualBox. It lags out VBox and VMware barely works at all. I would like to know if there is a solution to this? submitted by /u/TheWindowsPro98 [link] [comments]...
  5. VMWARE and newest insider build

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWARE and newest insider build: Hi folks unlike the previous 2 insider builds the latest one has no problems -- vmWare wks working fine Cheers jimbo 123812
  6. VMware new build

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware new build: New VMware update this morning, if anyone uses it. Version 12.1.1 and updated tools. 48536
  7. 9901

in Windows 10 Support
    9901: does anyone know the release date of this new build 3374
  8. Windows 10: Storage Sense improvements in build 9901

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Storage Sense improvements in build 9901: 7 comments [img] Over the weekend, an internal build of Windows 10 leaked that shows significant updates to the user interface including a new theme for the desktop. One of the features that has been updated in this build is Storage Sense and it provides a few hints...
  9. Installing leaked Windows 10 build 9901 will break your In

in Windows 10 News
    Installing leaked Windows 10 build 9901 will break your In: Yesterday a new build, version 9901, of Windows 10 leaked onto the web and many people were likely curious to try it out. However, installing this version will break your Insider update cycle and you won’t receive further builds. Microsoft has been very forthcoming with...
  10. Hands-On with Windows 10 Build 9901

in Windows 10 News
    Hands-On with Windows 10 Build 9901: As expected, this newly leaked build of Windows 10 features a ton of improvements over what we've seen officially in the Windows 10 Technical Preview. And it makes me wish we could go back to the old days of weekly builds during Windows betas. Anyway, there is a lot here....