Windows 10: Current read only : yes

Discus and support Current read only : yes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have tried many suggestions to clear this. Using DISKPART can clear read only for files but drive remains "Read Only" Microsoft Windows [Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KaranYadav1, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Current read only : yes

Have tried many suggestions to clear this.

Using DISKPART can clear read only for files but drive remains "Read Only"

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.885]
    c 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>diskpart.exe

Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.17134.1

Copyright C Microsoft Corporation.
    On computer: YY162239

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt

-------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---

Disk 0 Online 931 GB 3072 KB *

Disk 1 Online 223 GB 1024 KB *

Disk 2 Online 28 GB 0 B

DISKPART> select dis 2

Disk 2 is now the selected disk.

DISKPART> attrib dis
    Current Read-only State : Yes
    Read-only : No
    Boot Disk : No
    Pagefile Disk : No
    Hibernation File Disk : No
    Crashdump Disk : No
    Clustered Disk : No

DISKPART>

USB does not have a physical switch for read only..

Makes it impossible to reuse disk.

If you run the "Clean" function in Diskpart you get an I/o error.

:)

KaranYadav1, Sep 29, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Sep 29, 2020
  4. annie Win User

Current read only : yes

How do I change (Read Only) on Microsoft Word

When I downloaded Windows 10 and used my Microsoft Word it was in (Read Only) and I tried looking up how to solve the problem including looking at properties on my document to uncheck read only, but it was already unchecked. I have tried all the steps suggested.

annie, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Current read only : yes

1. Current read only : yes - Similar Threads - Current read yes

2. NVME.M2 Disk with an operating ans userfiles on it showing Current Read-only State : Yes...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NVME.M2 Disk with an operating ans userfiles on it showing Current Read-only State : Yes...: Hi,I was using NVME disk which was 256GB. I run windows update and Intel drivers update. System has frozen for couple hours around 2-3 hours I waited to system recover it self but it didnt work. So I pressed ON/OFF button once and waitedn another 15 mins for system to...
  3. NVME.M2 Disk with an operating ans userfiles on it showing Current Read-only State : Yes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVME.M2 Disk with an operating ans userfiles on it showing Current Read-only State : Yes...: Hi,I was using NVME disk which was 256GB. I run windows update and Intel drivers update. System has frozen for couple hours around 2-3 hours I waited to system recover it self but it didnt work. So I pressed ON/OFF button once and waitedn another 15 mins for system to...
  4. NVME.M2 Disk with an operating ans userfiles on it showing Current Read-only State : Yes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    read only: How to remove read only for a file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only/cbfa8ef6-adcc-4f86-98da-b5ddbdd10c37
  6. Read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read only: For some reason Windows has set WindowsApps to read only, and when I uncheck read only, it just becomes rechecked again. This is to fix an isssue in Reshade on MCC where I get this message.The only solution I've been given is to ensure that the folder in question WindowsApps...
  7. Read Only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read Only: How do I change a file from Read Only to readable so I can make changes and save it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only/4aa037bd-76c4-4d79-ab31-74c95ec65740
  8. Read Only

in Windows 10 Support
    Read Only: I keep getting these read only messages when the file was created by me and saved but iwhen open it will not allow me to save it again. This happens with both excel and word. It never happened before unless I opened a document opened from email. This is annoying because I...
  9. read only

in Windows 10 Support
    read only: Why can’t I turn read only off in w10 125112
  10. Cannot format Windows install thumb drive. Current Read-only State stuck on Yes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot format Windows install thumb drive. Current Read-only State stuck on Yes: Hello all, I recently had to reinstall my OS after upgrading the PC and sadly found out that my Windows flash drive is corrupted (copy files works fine but errors out at around 20% during install). I managed to get hold of another bootable USB stick and installed Win10...