Windows 10: Current Servicing stack update (SSU) can not be installed

Discus and support Current Servicing stack update (SSU) can not be installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I understand the KB4070788 is needed to install Windows 10 1809 update. How ever when I try to install it I get an error message that says "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jlneedshelp, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Current Servicing stack update (SSU) can not be installed

I understand the KB4070788 is needed to install Windows 10 1809 update.

How ever when I try to install it I get an error message that says "Windows Update Standalone Installer - The update is not applicable to your computer."

Is there a fix?

Am using the correct Servicing stack update (SSU)?

The previous Installer -kb4456655-x64 is already on my computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Windows 10 Pro version 1803

Thanks

:)

jlneedshelp, Dec 8, 2018

2. What is LCU / SSU

Hi K. Wester-Ebbinghaus,

I have to make some amendments on Ralph Sta's post above. Servicing
    is the name of configuring Windows updates or Windows features (installing, removing updates/features).
    Servicing Stacking Update (SSU) are small patches or changes in the Windows Update components that are required to ensure that the update process goes smoothly.

Latest Cumulative Updates (LCU) are quality improvements, fixes for known issues. As of this writing, the latest Cumulative Update for Windows build 1709 is

KB4093112 (OS Build 16299.371)
    and you are required to install the SSU
    KB4099989
    . This Update for the SSU will make stability improvements for the Windows 10, version 1709 servicing stack.

Answering your question on the validity of a certain SSU after several months. As required by the LCU, you are still required to install the associated SSU to ensure that you won't have issues on the upgrade process later.

Let us know if this answers your question.

Gerald Vit, Dec 8, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Resumes Automatic Download of Windows Vista SP1 Prerequisite SSU Patch

Microsoft today said that it would resume automatic distribution of the Servicing Stack Update (SSU) needed for installing Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1). On February 12th, Microsoft first began pushing the Servicing Stack Update (SSU). While several million customers installed the updates successfully, many users reported endless restart problems with their PCs caused by the KB937287 SSU patch. This prevented them from successfully installing the Vista SP1. Microsoft then suspended automatic distribution of the SSU, until now. Starting from tomorrow, the fixed SSU patch will be available for automatic download via the Automatic Update feature on Windows Vista OS. The company also revealed more information today about the root cause of the endless reboots. "SSU has special code to check whether there are any pending reboots or other updates to install, ... If it sees either of these circumstances, it prevents the install from starting.", the Microsoft Update Product Team Blog posted. "During our investigation, we discovered that there were a few unknown and rare events during the middle of the installation of the update that could cause the update to think it needed a reboot to complete the installation. If this happened, the system entered a repeating reboot loop." Continue reading the full post here.

Source: Microsoft Update Product Team Blog, Computerworld

malware, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Current Servicing stack update (SSU) can not be installed

What is LCU / SSU

As described in the recent 2 update histories, Microsoft Team can you please elaborate what is SSU and LCU? (Guess: SSU is Servicing Stack Update)

I cannot find a reference for this. Thank you in advance

Important When installing both the SSU (KB4093432) and the LCU updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog,
    install the SSU before installing the LCU.

source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4093107

K. Wester-Ebbinghaus, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Current Servicing stack update (SSU) can not be installed

1. Current Servicing stack update (SSU) can not be installed - Similar Threads - Current Servicing stack

2. How to install the latest Servicing Stack Update manually

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install the latest Servicing Stack Update manually: Hi,I got a Windows Update error since last month May 2021. The error is "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." I'd like to try installing the Servicing Stack Update manually and see if this can fix the issue. I think the latest one is 2021-05 Servicing...
  3. windows update service stack 10.0.19041.925

windows update service stack 10.0.19041.925: HiEver since windows update service stack 10.0.19041.925 has been installed my laptop doesn't start. I have to wait one or two days to be able start it again. I can't uninstall this update either, it doesn't give me the choice to uninstall. I wish to uninstall it or Microsoft...
  4. Servicing Stack Update (SSU) Update History

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Servicing Stack Update (SSU) Update History: Hey All, Been reading about SSU updates. Want to do an LCU update (Update to K4550945) but was curious to check which SSU I currently have (Should have KB4552152 first) installed before going ahead with the LCU update. I intend to do the LCU update via Windows Update in...
  5. Service Stack Update Confusion

Service Stack Update Confusion: Is this something I need to be updating manually on my Windows 10 machine or is this getting updated every time I use Windows Update. If this must be done manually, how do I know what current version is running on my computer so I can decide if I need to upgrade in the first...
  6. Servicing Stack Update Question

Servicing Stack Update Question: Hello. I am working with a brand new PC with Windows 10 version 1903. I have not done any Windows Updates yet. I know that a Servicing Stack update is required - KB4521863. Since I have not done any updates yet, will this Servicing Stack update automatically update …...
  7. Servicing stack updates

Servicing stack updates: Is KB 4498523 really the latest stack update for W10 19-03 as listed ? This is an earlier KB number shown as superceding KB 4500109. Tom Allen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/servicing-stack-updates/4e0c9363-ad1e-4520-989b-e36f16bef8af
  8. Can't install KB4500109 (Servicing stack update for Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't install KB4500109 (Servicing stack update for Windows 10): Please, KB4500109 in my pc does'nt install. I got the previous KB4498524 installed. Please help me. Thank you. 132786
  9. servicing stack updates

servicing stack updates: where do i see if the latest stack update has been installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/servicing-stack-updates/b98e52e1-c0c1-4473-b41c-b63543c72241
  10. Servicing stack update

Servicing stack update: Why 2019-02 Servicing Stack Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4485447) take so much long time to download ? I am downloading this for several hours and it is still 0 percent....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Reinstall service stack update (SSU)