Windows 10: Current Threat detected by Windows Defender

Discus and support Current Threat detected by Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After running security scan in windows 10, I get current threat - PUA:Win32/InstallCore.M!sms. It is classified as LOW threat. I have run the REMOVE... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Big_O_Runner, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Current Threat detected by Windows Defender

After running security scan in windows 10, I get current threat - PUA:Win32/InstallCore.M!sms.

It is classified as LOW threat. I have run the REMOVE action but remains forever.

PLEASE, CAN SOMEONE DIRECT ME AS TO HOW TO GET RID OF THIS COMPLETELY ?

:)

Big_O_Runner, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

3. Susan68NM Win User
    Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection turns off and won't restart

Susan68NM, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Current Threat detected by Windows Defender

Windows Defender Detect threat Trojan:Win32/Pynamer.B!ac

Hi.

I encounter that my PC always have notification of Windows Defender that my PC have a threat, this is Trojan:Win32/Pynamer.B!ac.

It will happen ALWAYS when i open my PC. It always appear on my notification, but after 10secs it will quarantine this threat.

How to remove this notification/virus on my PC.

I already Scan my PC using of the following:

• Malwarebytes
    • Malwarebytes Adwcleaner

Hope you will help me guys.

Thankyou.

Cedrick Acuario, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Current Threat detected by Windows Defender

1. Current Threat detected by Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Current Threat detected

2. Microsoft defender shows "Threats detected", when I click on it, it says no current threats

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft defender shows "Threats detected", when I click on it, it says no current threats: Windows security in W10 is bugging out. Can someone help me fix this issue?Microsoft defender gives off a notification that a threat was detected and when I click on it it says no threats found. The threat appears for like a millisecond only....
  3. current threats windows defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    current threats windows defender: [ATTACH] HI guys, At one tutorial on youtube I saw that one of the steps was to restore some file from protection history, but at my windows defender I cant find the option to go to protection history. It should be current threats > allowed threats > protection history,...
  4. Windows Defender Anti Virus Not Deleting Detected Threats

Windows Defender Anti Virus Not Deleting Detected Threats: Hello I have This Proble last 2 days ago I Got Infected With Win32.Ramnit.C,A,J,N all Type of This C*AP When I Scanned With Quick SCan Mode It Does'not Detected Files only Detected Two or Three File But When I Launched Full SCan Mode It Detected Every Htm,Html,some games...
  5. windows defender cant delete the detected threats

windows defender cant delete the detected threats: cant delete the threats, what is the way futher i have to from here. do my pc prone to virus of malware please help me[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-cant-delete-the-detected-threats/83465f82-a792-4b80-8006-82eb0c00c511
  6. Windows Defender detecting uTorrent as a threat

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender detecting uTorrent as a threat: It would do it a few times a day so I decided to just get rid of uTorrent but it’s still happening submitted by /u/aeraux [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdjk6f/windows_defender_detecting_utorrent_as_a_threat/
  7. Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ?

Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ?: My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: SoftwareBundler:Win32/Prepscram and said it was "Removed and Restored." I assume that means the threat was quarantined, then removed, then the file it affected was restored. When ı click only option to make...
  8. Windows Defender detected threat but unable to remove

Windows Defender detected threat but unable to remove: Hi community, My windows defender just found a threat in my com: Threat detected: Program:Win32/Wacapew.B!ml Alert Level: Medium Category: Potentially Unwanted Software Details: This program has potentially unwanted behavior Affected items: file:...
  9. Current threat scan Windows defender

Current threat scan Windows defender: Show no violation or problems but scans only 12 files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/current-threat-scan-windows-defender/2a85600b-91a5-43cd-b06e-d21f25af88d6"
  10. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection: Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection turns off and won't restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-detection/a5ac7da0-b8d0-4fed-9ac4-0ecc992a2059"