Windows 10: Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions!

Discus and support Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; "Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions!" Windows Security recognizes a threat after running a full scan and suggests to "Start Actions".... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Stefan A. Schoellmann, May 9, 2023.

1. Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions!

"Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions!" Windows Security recognizes a threat after running a full scan and suggests to "Start Actions". However, when I select the button, no options appear to handle the threat! Is this a dead-end situation? Is there nothing else to do? I suspect it may be a crypto mining app PUA. The computer has been locking up at random times, so for me, this is no minor issue, but I cannot find a solution how to remove the malicious unwanted app from running or executing itself in the background.What further steps or actions can I take to remove this unwan

:)

Stefan A. Schoellmann, May 9, 2023
  2. zebal Win User

Windows Defender/Security - no option to "Allow" potential threats?

If you want to control what does defender do to threats you can do it trough GPO in the following location:

Computer configuration\Administrative templates\Windows components\Microsoft defender antivirus\Threats
    Here configure option:
    Specify threats upon which default action should not be taken when detected

Threats are categorized by level, you assign default action per threat level.

EDIT:
    Btw. to open GPO (Local Group Policy) follow these steps:

1. click on start button
    2. type: gpedit.msc
    3. right click on gpedit.msc and run as Administrator

zebal, May 9, 2023
  3. MesPia Win User
    Windows Security - How to set default threat action to Remove

When a notification of a threat appears, I launch the Windows Security application. If I click the down-arrow on each of the threats shown, the default action is to Quarantine. So, I have to click Remote on each one before clicking Start Actions. Is there a way to set the default action to Remove, so I can just click the Start Actions button to remove the threats from my computer?

MesPia, May 9, 2023
  4. Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions!

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 9, 2023
Thema:

Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions!

1. Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions! - Similar Threads - Current Threats found

2. Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions!: "Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions!" Windows Security recognizes a threat after running a full scan and suggests to "Start Actions". However, when I select the button, no options appear to handle the threat! Is this a dead-end situation? Is there nothing else to...
  3. Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions!: "Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions!" Windows Security recognizes a threat after running a full scan and suggests to "Start Actions". However, when I select the button, no options appear to handle the threat! Is this a dead-end situation? Is there nothing else to...
  4. Threats found. Start the recommended actions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threats found. Start the recommended actions.: Threats found. Start the recommended actions. but how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/threats-found-start-the-recommended-actions/3f6f4e9a-c25a-4c57-b1d6-4e10ec6727b1
  5. Threat found- action needed

Threat found- action needed: I have found a virus in my laptop via Windows Defender named as 'Exploit:Win32/ShellCode!ml' and it has been labeled active.I say take action over and over and it is still active and never gets quarantined. It is described as SEVERE! It also tells me 0 threats found after I...
  6. Threat found - action needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Threat found - action needed: I have found a virus in my laptop via Windows Defender named as 'Exploit:Win32/ShellCode!ml' and it has been labeled active.I say take action over and over and it is still active and never gets quarantined. It is described as SEVERE! It also tells me 0 threats found after I...
  7. Threat found - action needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Threat found - action needed: I have found a virus in my laptop via Windows Defender named as 'Exploit:Win32/ShellCode!ml' and it has been labeled active.I say take action over and over and it is still active and never gets quarantined. It is described as SEVERE! It also tells me 0 threats found after I...
  8. Threat found - action needed

9. Threats found but start actions doesn’t work and it doesn’t tell me the threats

Threats found but start actions doesn’t work and it doesn’t tell me the threats: Please help I saw that threats were found but it won’t tell me what. At first it showed me something and I deleted it but it now still says threats found and I don’t know what do to it says start actions but nothing happens when I click it and it won’t tell me what are the...
  10. Threats found, "Start actions" button doesn't work.

Threats found, "Start actions" button doesn't work.: Ok, so, my laptop recently started to do some weird things - like I couldn't write some symbols at e-mail subject when using MS Outlook, I couldn't change column names in Excel, mouse pointer started to move randomly. Restarting usually helped, but for a while. I opened the...