Windows 10: Current Threats: Last Scan not updated after Defender Scheduled Scan

Discus and support Current Threats: Last Scan not updated after Defender Scheduled Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've scheduled a Defender quick scan for 0900 each day. It runs OK taking a couple of minutes. When I look in Settings / Windows Security / Virus &... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tpriest, Jul 8, 2020.

1. tpriest Win User

Current Threats: Last Scan not updated after Defender Scheduled Scan

I've scheduled a Defender quick scan for 0900 each day. It runs OK taking a couple of minutes.

When I look in Settings / Windows Security / Virus & threat protection the Last scan date & time are not updated. They seem only to be updated when I click Quick scan on that page.

Is this normal behaviour? If so it's a nuisance as it means the only way to check that it has run is to check Task Scheduler's history log.

Also is there any way of - simply - getting a Full scan schedule set up?

:)

tpriest, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Oldhead Win User

Schedule Defender Scans

No issue running at demand quick scans via Settings >Windows security>virus and threats >select quick scan . OK.
    Went to Task scheduler > windows defender to sequence a daily scheduled scan as per Brinks Tutorial and found this .

Current Threats: Last Scan not updated after Defender Scheduled Scan [​IMG]

Proceeded to insert new scheduled scan >start date >time .Clicked ok
    Why has task scheduler shown all four previous scheduled tasks .Ready -No last runtime 30-11-99 12am (0x41303) No history
    I was under the impression ,that with windows defender it was set up to run as auto each day and then on demand from user ,similiar to how various open market anti virus programs.

Oldhead, Jul 8, 2020
  3. schedule scan/update with Windows Defender

Windows Defender scheduled scans should also work just fine if you have a third-party AV app installed and you’re running Windows Defender in its
    Limited Periodic Scanning mode. There’s absolutely no limitation on Windows Defender’s on-demand scans when you have a third-party AV app installed – you just can’t turn on Defender's real-time protection. In fact, I’m currently testing these
    Windows Defender scheduled scans on a machine that’s running a third-party AV app for its primary (real-time) protection. The instructions for setting up a scheduled scan that I posted in this thread are a little more inclusive:

How do I set Windows Defender to a custom auto scan

But neither of these threads tells the whole story – and if you’re actually looking to combine a signature update and a Quick Scan in a single scheduled task, then you’ll need to have access to some undocumented parameters…

The parameter for the update and scan combo in the Windows Defender UI (MSASCui.exe) would be:

-UpdateandQuickScan

And in the Command Line Utility (MpCmdRun.exe),
    the combo parameter would be:

-SignatureUpdateandQuickScan

And it’s also important to note that a scan scheduled by following the steps that I provided in these old threads simply won’t run; because
    user-scheduled scans are currently subject to the same issue as the
    Automatic Maintenance Scan – they won’t run under a System account; and my instructions explicitly call for changing the user account for the task to the
    System account. This will cause the scan to fail – so if you decide to try scheduling your own scan, you’ll have to be sure to skip step 7.

GreginMich, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Current Threats: Last Scan not updated after Defender Scheduled Scan

Win10 Defender Scheduling a full scan

The subject of scheduling Windows Defender scans in Windows 8/8.1/10 has been made extremely confusing by these two things:

• A prolonged failure to publicize the fact that Automatic Maintenance is automatically performing a daily Windows Defender Quick Scan.

• A seriously botched Windows 10 how-to on this topic.

If you have the time to time to read through this recent thread, you’ll hopefully gain some perspective on the situation. If you just want to know exactly how to schedule a Full Scan
    in Windows Defender, you can skip down to the last paragraph:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning/windows-defender-in-windows-10/6979df16-e16e-4ec1-9170-7081f54c22df

GreginMich, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Current Threats: Last Scan not updated after Defender Scheduled Scan

1. Current Threats: Last Scan not updated after Defender Scheduled Scan - Similar Threads - Current Threats Last

2. Windows Defender Scan Schedule

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Scan Schedule: TWO QUESTIONS here... 1 Why is there absolutely no information in the "Task Scheduler" pertaining to exactly WHEN and HOW OFTEN the default/automated Windows Defender scans are run? 2 Yes, there are "Triggers" available to customize scan schedule. But does this cause the...
  3. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Working Properly After Last WD Update

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Working Properly After Last WD Update: Hi. I posted this earlier today but didn't see the post when I went to check it out this afternoon so I'm posting it again. Since the last Windows Defender Platform Update (Version 4.18.2008.4) I've noticed that WD Scheduled Scan Task has been running properly. Previously it...
  4. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Working Since its Last Update

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Working Since its Last Update: I've noticed that since the last Windows Defender update that its scheduled scan runs successfully every day now. It previously would always return a result of (0x7). It would then run successfully 1 time only after a reboot. I was just wondering if anyone else that uses WD...
  5. Schedule Defender Scans

Schedule Defender Scans: No issue running at demand quick scans via Settings >Windows security>virus and threats >select quick scan . OK. Went to Task scheduler > windows defender to sequence a daily scheduled scan as per Brinks Tutorial and found this . [img] Proceeded to insert new scheduled...
  6. Scheduling Windows Defender scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduling Windows Defender scans: I'm not understanding how/if Windows Defender anti-virus, etc. scans operate. Does the User need to manually start a scan, from the various Scan types available in settings ? It's unclear. Can't find anywhere to examine previous Defender scans ....to see what was...
  7. Current threat scan Windows defender

Current threat scan Windows defender: Show no violation or problems but scans only 12 files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/current-threat-scan-windows-defender/2a85600b-91a5-43cd-b06e-d21f25af88d6"
  8. Schedule Windows Defender Scan

Schedule Windows Defender Scan: Can I schedule a virus scan to run at regular times? [Original Title: Windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/schedule-windows-defender-scan/eab2c9ea-4138-4a76-80d1-e0afa89c8f10
  9. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan: How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I...
  10. Windows Defender Scan Schedule?

Windows Defender Scan Schedule?: Don't know if this is just me or not, but: For the last month or so WD regularly hits me with the Yellow Warning Triangle to SCAN NOW. Sometimes twice a day. Sometimes days between these events. I don't know enough to be able to find the date/time of it's last scan. Not...