Windows 10: Current version of Bitdefender

Discus and support Current version of Bitdefender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. I've used Bitdefender for a few years - current version is 1.0.21.1109 and in Programs & Features it's listed as Bitdefender Antivirus Free... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dortmunder, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Current version of Bitdefender

Hi. I've used Bitdefender for a few years - current version is 1.0.21.1109 and in Programs & Features it's listed as Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition.

However, if you go to bitdefender.co.uk and scroll down to the bottom of the homepage where it says Tools & Resources/Free Antivirus, it leads you to a file called bitdefender_online.exe. This file promised to overwrite my existing bitdefender and replace it with a new version 'fully compliant with Windows 10' (or words to that effect). That didn't happen - I got a program installed called 'Bitdefender Agent' and the installer for bitdefender_online.exe went into a loop at every restart.

Can anyone tell me what the 'proper' version of Bitdefender for W10 is? Thank you.

:)

dortmunder, Apr 11, 2017

2. after update 3/15/17 several problems

Yes, I understand: You're currently running Bitdefender 2017 - the "older" version would have been Bitdefender 2016 (since Bitdefender's Program Folder has a Created date of November 2015; i.e., Bitdefender 2016 was released in September of 2015 - yes, it's
    all very confusing).

Might you have installed Bitdefender 2015 - possibly a free-trial version - in August of 2015 and then done a clean install of Bitdefender 2016 in November of 2015? [Yes, the dates are making me dizzy, too!]

The above notwithstanding...

If you download/run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool
    [on the Dell computer only!] and then reboot, do the problems you cited in your first post above persist?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 11, 2017
  3. Windows Defender collision with BitDefender

Yes, as suggested by
    http://www.bitdefender.com/support/is-bitdefender-2015-compatible-with-windows-10-(upgrade-and-installation-process)-1451.html

Nevertheless, Windows Defender & the Windows Firewall should be disabled by default if your current version of Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 were
    installed & working properly. Apparently that is not the case so your best bet would be contacting Bitdefender Support for further assistance.

Good luck!

PS: You might want to see
    http://www.bitdefender.com/support/-1452.html

PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 11, 2017
  4. Stephanie Win User

Current version of Bitdefender

Stephanie, Apr 11, 2017
  5. Hi Stephanie and thanks. That takes me to the same exe file mentioned before: bitdefender_online.
    Do you have a program installed called Bitdefender Agent and does your Bitdefender look like this:

dortmunder, Apr 11, 2017
  6. Stephanie Win User
    Hi er no mine looks like this >

Current version of Bitdefender [​IMG]

Have you logged in to Bitdefender ?

Stephanie, Apr 11, 2017
  7. Yes indeed (you can see it in my attachment above). What's your version number and what have you got listed in Programs & Features?

dortmunder, Apr 11, 2017
  8. Stephanie Win User

Version >

Programs & Features

Stephanie, Apr 11, 2017
  9. It's all a bit strange – my version is higher than yours and my 'system' is protected whereas your 'device' is protected. I'll maybe send a 'ticket' to Bitdefender seeking clarification. Thanks for your help so far.

dortmunder, Apr 11, 2017
  10. Stephanie Win User
    Your welcome *Smile

But note the graphic of Bitdefender at the download site looks the same as mine ?

Stephanie, Apr 11, 2017
  11. AndreTen Win User
    I can confirm that Stephanie's version is latest Bitdefender free version. But there is also business version that I'm not familiar with.

Links and notification of the latest version are in this thread: bitdefender-free-2016-out-beta

Edit: if I remember correctly, your version is Bitdefender free 2015

AndreTen, Apr 14, 2017
  12. I've deleted what I had and reinstalled so that I now have the new version. My thanks to you both.

dortmunder, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Current version of Bitdefender - Similar Threads - Current version Bitdefender

2. What is the current version of OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the current version of OneDrive?: I downloaded OneDrive from the current versions page, which says the current version is 24.010.0114.0003. but the app on my pc when viewed in Apps and Features says it is version 24.020.0128.0003. What is going on here? What is the current version of OneDrive which should be...
  3. What is the current version of OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the current version of OneDrive?: I downloaded OneDrive from the current versions page, which says the current version is 24.010.0114.0003. but the app on my pc when viewed in Apps and Features says it is version 24.020.0128.0003. What is going on here? What is the current version of OneDrive which should be...
  4. Bitdefender issue - currently configuring Bitdefender VPN & not finishing after many hours.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitdefender issue - currently configuring Bitdefender VPN & not finishing after many hours.: There is a warning saying DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR DEVICE, do not restart whilst configuring. Could Windows preventing the completion of the Bitdefender configuration? Its manual says the whole configuration should take a few moments so I'm assuming it is failing to do it. Is...
  5. Bitdefender

Bitdefender: I have Bitdefender - can windows security be on too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/bitdefender/8402e31d-fd6d-4f5e-adc0-d55ed4c93d21
  6. bitdefender bug

bitdefender bug: In Windows 10 fast track, if Bitdefender is turned off, the following work: Code: C:\Users\jar_2>nslookup www.yahoo.com Server: cdns01.comcast.net Address: 2001:558:feed::1 Non-authoritative answer: Name: fd-fp3.wg1.b.yahoo.com Addresses: 2001:4998:58:c02::a9...
  7. Bitdefender

Bitdefender: I have eliminated BitDefender, and now it sometimes appears me the error message that I attach. What is it? What does he/she want to say? How do I do to eliminate him/it? Thanks 99927
  8. Current Version of Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Current Version of Google Chrome: Hi! I am running Google Chrome Stable version in windows 10...I just realized i haven't gotten any updates in quite some time...every time i hit the "about google chrome" section in the settings which triggers the checker to see if there is a new version, it says it is up to...
  9. Current MediaMonkey version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Current MediaMonkey version: [img] MediaMonkey Manage 100,000+ music and video files without bogging down. Record CDs and download music, movies, and podcasts. Automatically lookup and intuitively tag album art, lyrics and other metadata. Manage any audio / video genres: Rock, Classical,...
  10. Current version

in Windows 10 Support
    Current version: Can anyone point me to where I can find the number of the current release (none insider) build. My system is showing as up to date with Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.494). However another forum suggested that was out of date and I should be at v1607 (14393.5) I tried to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the current version of bitdefender

2. how can i tell what version of bitdefender i have?

3. what version of bitdefender i am running?