Windows 10: Current Version of Google Chrome

Discus and support Current Version of Google Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi! I am running Google Chrome Stable version in windows 10...I just realized i haven't gotten any updates in quite some time...every time i hit the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Craig, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Craig Win User

Current Version of Google Chrome

Hi! I am running Google Chrome Stable version in windows 10...I just realized i haven't gotten any updates in quite some time...every time i hit the "about google chrome" section in the settings which triggers the checker to see if there is a new version, it says it is up to date...Could someone tell me what the latest version is that i should have?

If i am not getting updates...what is the best solution? Should i uninstall Chrome and re-install it again?

Thanks *Smile

:)

Craig, Jul 21, 2017

2. Windows Defender Error Code 0x800705b4 After Upgrading to Windows 10

[Please don't quote my posts in your replies. THX!]

Google Chrome version 46.0.2490.71 was released on Wednesday, 10/14/2015.

Please explain - or did you mean you installed the then-current version of Chrome (i.e., v45.0.2454.85) on 09/17?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 21, 2017
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Why do flash players come with my computer?

Sorry I'm not totally up on google chrome browser - but Flash Player is integrated into google chrome browser and should automatically update by google chrome itself. You should not need to upgrade flash player. Sounds like you have an older outdated
    version of Chrome.

If me, I might uninstall chrome and go to google's website and download and install the current version of google chrome.

Again I want to say; Flash Player announced some time back it was being discontinued. There should be no reason to have flash player these days. Modern browsers and modern websites no long have any use for flash player with current webpage coding. Flash
    Player is well known to be a major source of malicious ware & virus.

'Mike P, Jul 21, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

What version are you using? Mines 59.0.3071.115 which is latest.

swarfega, Jul 21, 2017
  5. You do not need to uninstall it, installing the latest version will update it.

Just make sure to pick the right one, there is x86 and x64, also stable, beta, dev.

TairikuOkami, Jul 21, 2017
  6. Craig Win User
    Thanks Guys! *Smile

Whew...that's a relief (lol)...I am running 59.0.3071.115 (just checked it)...It seemed like Chrome was getting updated like every week or less in recent times, but since this one came in, it has been a few weeks, that is why i got concerned...Glad to know it is ok...

Also appreciate the tip about just installing the new version will update the old version and no need to uninstall the previous version you are running...Wasn't aware of that....will keep it in mind if i should ever need to re-install...
    And yeah, i know about making sure you get the 64 bit version, and stable channel which is what i am running...

By the way, Love Windows 10...it drew me back from linux...but not very fond of edge so very glad we have the option of a great browser like Google Chrome... *Wink

Craig, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Current Version of Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Current Version Google

2. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome: How do I switch to S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/76f3fb96-9af4-4c8a-a47a-3a93b9462798
  3. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome: How do I switch to S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/76f3fb96-9af4-4c8a-a47a-3a93b9462798
  4. Google Chrome (currently version 88)

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome (currently version 88): Hello. I'm not sure if Google implemented this feature in a recent previous version (such as version 87), but I know that this is a feature in version 88 of Google Chrome. The worst idea that Google (no offence to them) has ever implemented in their technology. It's called:...
  5. Google Chrome (currently version 88)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome (currently version 88): Hello. I'm not sure if Google implemented this feature in a recent previous version (such as version 87), but I know that this is a feature in version 88 of Google Chrome. The worst idea that Google (no offence to them) has ever implemented in their technology. It's called:...
  6. Deprecating Legacy TLS Versions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Deprecating Legacy TLS Versions in Google Chrome: Last October we announced our plans to remove support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Chrome 81. In this post we’re announcing a pre-removal phase in which we’ll introduce a gentler warning UI, and previewing the UI that we’ll use to block TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Chrome 81. Site...
  7. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome: After using Google Chrome for several months with no problems, it suddenly won't start. I keep getting the error message: 0xc00000e5. If I re-boot my computer, it works I'll be able to get into Google once, but if I exit, I'll get the same error message again when I try to...
  8. google chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    google chrome: how can I get google chrome on my windows 10 laptop and set it as my default browser????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/fe8c2aa2-381f-484b-9ce5-cedc9bbd5d35
  9. Google Chrome SWReporter Is Back In Version 68.0.3440.106

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome SWReporter Is Back In Version 68.0.3440.106: For months now I have stopped Google Chrome from phoning home with its SWReporter tool. This tool supposedly scans your system for "malware" or really anything that will "affect Google Chrome's operation". Well at least that is the explanation given by Google and besides it...
  10. Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome: Hi folks, since downloading and installing the 'Anniversary Update' I have not been able to open Google Chrome. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but to no avail. Anyone got any ideas please. Many thanks. 59675

Users found this page by searching for:

1. current version of google chrome