Windows 10: Current Weather Display: How To Have Windows 10 Display the Weather?

Discus and support Current Weather Display: How To Have Windows 10 Display the Weather? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, I've noticed that when I lock my Windows 10 PC using "Windows key + L" the time is displayed and only sometimes the weather is displayed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NiceAndShy, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Current Weather Display: How To Have Windows 10 Display the Weather?

Hey guys,

I've noticed that when I lock my Windows 10 PC using "Windows key + L" the time is displayed and only sometimes the weather is displayed.

The weather is only displayed some times for some reason...

What can I do?

I just want to see the current temperature at my location.

:)

NiceAndShy, Apr 6, 2017
  2. span-unit Win User

How to display the current outdoor temperature in an icon in the notification area of the taskbar on Windows 10?

I found one app that works great, except...

The temp only displays for about 20-30 seconds and disappears. This has a setting to control update frequency, but it can't be set below 30 minutes. I couldn't find any way of setting a constant display.

Taskbar Weather App

span-unit, Apr 6, 2017
  3. idigweeds Win User
    What applet provides the weather info displayed on the lock screen?

I have the weather displayed on my lock screen, but instead of my local area as I have the applet set to do, the weather for Washington, DC is displayed instead. Where/how can I change this?

idigweeds, Apr 6, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Current Weather Display: How To Have Windows 10 Display the Weather?

5. You can use apps, which display temperature in taskbar, like WeatherInfo or try others.

Internet - Weather@Home Downloads

TairikuOkami, Apr 6, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Try going to Settings > Personalisation > Lock screen. In 'choose an app to show detailed status' select Weather.

Bree, Apr 6, 2017
  7. Thanks!

I went into "Lock screen" settings and I already had set the "Weather" icon in both "Choose an app to show detailed status" and "Choose apps to show quick status"

What else can I try?

NiceAndShy, Apr 18, 2017
  8. tracit99 Win User

I have never been able to get any kind of Weather information to show on the Lock Screen despite having it set to do so in Settings. I have opened the Weather app and I have set a Default Location and I have turned On the toggle for the Weather app in Background apps in Privacy settings. I am out of ideas.

tracit99, Apr 21, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    You have to have Weather turned on in Settings > Privacy > Background apps. It needs to run in the background to be able to show on the lock screen.

10. dalchina New Member
    And it won't show on the lock screen after a restart or cold boot.

dalchina, Apr 23, 2017
  11. tracit99 Win User
    Finally, I can see Weather on the Lock Screen. I was not able to fix it in Windows 14393 but my clean install of 15063 shows the Weather on the Lock Screen without any problem.

tracit99, Apr 23, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    The sun must be shining!

dalchina, Apr 23, 2017
  13. Current Weather Display: How To Have Windows 10 Display the Weather?

The Weather information seems to only on the display on the Lock Screen some of the time, but I have no idea why it doesn't appear all the time...

NiceAndShy, Apr 25, 2017
  14. tracit99 Win User
    I did a clean install of 1703 about four days ago and Weather on the Lock Screen worked very well. Starting about one day ago it began to show up less frequently and has not shown up at all today. So I went into the Weather app and everything looked OK. Then I locked my PC and low and behold Weather on the Lock Screen. Seems the Weather app does not work consistently in the background. Lastly, I doubled checked and even toggled the switch for the Weather app in Background apps in Privacy. I will see how it does going forward.

tracit99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Current Weather Display: How To Have Windows 10 Display the Weather? - Similar Threads - Current Weather Display

2. How to make the weather widget only display weather and nothing else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make the weather widget only display weather and nothing else?: At some point, the widget on the left side of the task bar started alternating between weather and stocks. I don't need up to the minute stock info, but I do like having a general sense of the weather for timing my day. How do I get it so that it only displays weather and...
  3. How to make the weather widget only display weather and nothing else?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make the weather widget only display weather and nothing else?: At some point, the widget on the left side of the task bar started alternating between weather and stocks. I don't need up to the minute stock info, but I do like having a general sense of the weather for timing my day. How do I get it so that it only displays weather and...
  4. Windows 10 Weather widget not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Weather widget not displaying correctly: Recently, the weather widget on my task bar has not been displaying correctly, it keeps being replaced by the generic news iconThis is what it used to look like:And this is what it looks like now:And I have no idea how to revert this. I have looked into the settings and...
  5. News and weather update isn't displaying the weather correctly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and weather update isn't displaying the weather correctly.: I have windows 20H2. I updated to 21H1 to see if the news and weather update works correctly. However, it isn't working. It doesn't refresh the weather on its own, rather it refreshes when I hover upon it. I had the same issue earlier and I chatted with a Microsoft expert in...
  6. News and weather update isn't displaying the weather correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and weather update isn't displaying the weather correctly.: I have windows 20H2. I updated to 21H1 to see if the news and weather update works correctly. However, it isn't working. It doesn't refresh the weather on its own, rather it refreshes when I hover upon it. I had the same issue earlier and I chatted with a Microsoft expert in...
  7. News and weather update isn't displaying the weather correctly.

8. weather icon display on Windows 10

weather icon display on Windows 10: Dear Microsoft team,Pls tell me that how should I add the ICON not app on the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-icon-display-on-windows-10/a87553f3-5219-4dc3-92fc-1e31c29d9388
  9. Weather temp displaying in taskbar

Weather temp displaying in taskbar: Why does the weather display the temp on my HP desktop when pinned to taskbar but when I pin it on my HP Laptop all I see is the weather icon no temp display? I would like laptop to be the same as desktop...
  10. My weather display is to small

My weather display is to small: Im not sure how to make this fill my 43in 1080P screen which I have a screen resolution set for 4k the picture looks pretty good *chuckle 51112