Windows 10: Current Weather Display: How To Have Windows 10 Display the Weather?

Discus and support Current Weather Display: How To Have Windows 10 Display the Weather? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, I've noticed that when I lock my Windows 10 PC using "Windows key + L" the time is displayed and only sometimes the weather is displayed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NiceAndShy, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Current Weather Display: How To Have Windows 10 Display the Weather?

Hey guys,

I've noticed that when I lock my Windows 10 PC using "Windows key + L" the time is displayed and only sometimes the weather is displayed.

The weather is only displayed some times for some reason...

What can I do?

I just want to see the current temperature at my location.

:)

NiceAndShy, Apr 6, 2017
  2. span-unit Win User

How to display the current outdoor temperature in an icon in the notification area of the taskbar on Windows 10?

I found one app that works great, except...

The temp only displays for about 20-30 seconds and disappears. This has a setting to control update frequency, but it can't be set below 30 minutes. I couldn't find any way of setting a constant display.

Taskbar Weather App

span-unit, Apr 6, 2017
  3. idigweeds Win User
    What applet provides the weather info displayed on the lock screen?

I have the weather displayed on my lock screen, but instead of my local area as I have the applet set to do, the weather for Washington, DC is displayed instead. Where/how can I change this?

idigweeds, Apr 6, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Current Weather Display: How To Have Windows 10 Display the Weather?

5. You can use apps, which display temperature in taskbar, like WeatherInfo or try others.

Internet - Weather@Home Downloads

TairikuOkami, Apr 6, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Try going to Settings > Personalisation > Lock screen. In 'choose an app to show detailed status' select Weather.

Bree, Apr 6, 2017
  7. Thanks!

I went into "Lock screen" settings and I already had set the "Weather" icon in both "Choose an app to show detailed status" and "Choose apps to show quick status"

What else can I try?

NiceAndShy, Apr 18, 2017
  8. tracit99 Win User

I have never been able to get any kind of Weather information to show on the Lock Screen despite having it set to do so in Settings. I have opened the Weather app and I have set a Default Location and I have turned On the toggle for the Weather app in Background apps in Privacy settings. I am out of ideas.

tracit99, Apr 21, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    You have to have Weather turned on in Settings > Privacy > Background apps. It needs to run in the background to be able to show on the lock screen.

10. dalchina New Member
    And it won't show on the lock screen after a restart or cold boot.

dalchina, Apr 23, 2017
  11. tracit99 Win User
    Finally, I can see Weather on the Lock Screen. I was not able to fix it in Windows 14393 but my clean install of 15063 shows the Weather on the Lock Screen without any problem.

tracit99, Apr 23, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    The sun must be shining!

dalchina, Apr 23, 2017
  13. Current Weather Display: How To Have Windows 10 Display the Weather?

The Weather information seems to only on the display on the Lock Screen some of the time, but I have no idea why it doesn't appear all the time...

NiceAndShy, Apr 25, 2017
  14. tracit99 Win User
    I did a clean install of 1703 about four days ago and Weather on the Lock Screen worked very well. Starting about one day ago it began to show up less frequently and has not shown up at all today. So I went into the Weather app and everything looked OK. Then I locked my PC and low and behold Weather on the Lock Screen. Seems the Weather app does not work consistently in the background. Lastly, I doubled checked and even toggled the switch for the Weather app in Background apps in Privacy. I will see how it does going forward.

tracit99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Current Weather Display: How To Have Windows 10 Display the Weather? - Similar Threads - Current Weather Display

2. MSN Weather temperature display in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSN Weather temperature display in taskbar: Hello! How can I make that MSN Weather temperature display in taskbar like on this screenshot? Thank you! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-weather-temperature-display-in-taskbar/ade6781c-033b-4df8-aa1c-e8ecbe58d802
  3. Weather Display in Windows task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weather Display in Windows task bar: Is it possible to display the current outside temperature in the windows taskbar where the date and time are displayed? I was told to drag the weather tile there but the tile does not want to stay there. BTW, why does Microsoft continue to show info for unsupported...
  4. Time and weather display onWindows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time and weather display onWindows 10 desktop: How can I display time and temperature on the desktop? I used to be able to do this on my old pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-and-weather-display-onwindows-10-desktop/8f61ebe4-64a3-4e50-ae71-9bd106a690d8
  5. Looking for a way to display clock & weather on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a way to display clock & weather on desktop: I'm looking for a way to display a simple digital clock and weather on the desktop. Sense Desktop seems to have a decent solution, but even the paid version isn't fully customizable to my liking. Ideally I would like a clock like this and weather like this, but with the...
  6. My weather app always displays the weather for wrong date

My weather app always displays the weather for wrong date: My weather app always displays the weather for Feb or Mar 20 ,2018, instead of the current date. (It is Tuesday the 20th, so I don't know which month.) I have updated recently and ensured my time and date settings are correct, but the problem persists.How do I fix it?...
  7. trying to display the weather app on the lock screen

trying to display the weather app on the lock screen: trying to display the weather app on the lock screen. I didn't use location for weather, typed in home town for the location. it is not working and only get the oem time and date. is it not possible to do this? side note, I noticed in group policy editor "Disables the lock...
  8. the weather app is not displaying the weather, etc when you click start

the weather app is not displaying the weather, etc when you click start: For some reason the weather app is not displaying the weather, etc when you click start. How can this be fixed? this is in the latest build 10162 7857
  9. Weather app: the maps are displayed in a different language

Weather app: the maps are displayed in a different language: Hello all ! My computer's language is English, and I'm currently living in Cyprus for a few months. The thing is, when I use the weather application, and more specifically the "maps" tab, the names on the map are displayed in Greek... (because Greek is Cyprus' language). It's...
  10. My weather display is to small

My weather display is to small: Im not sure how to make this fill my 43in 1080P screen which I have a screen resolution set for 4k the picture looks pretty good *chuckle 51112