Windows 10: Current Windows 10 Install completely broken. Windows Boot Manager not letting me boot to...

Discus and support Current Windows 10 Install completely broken. Windows Boot Manager not letting me boot to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had driver problems. Trying to uninstall drivers led me to these issues. When trying to boot to Installation USB media (purchased key) I get this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SimonM_2019, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Current Windows 10 Install completely broken. Windows Boot Manager not letting me boot to...

I had driver problems. Trying to uninstall drivers led me to these issues.

When trying to boot to Installation USB media (purchased key) I get this issue, which I found someone else had in this thread: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ger-failed-to-start-booting-from-usb.1780363/

Here is my version of the issue

https://i.imgur.com/iuInKjk.png

This is exactly the same issue I'm having. If I boot to UEFI USB (the purchased windows 10 Pro USB, as well as a USB made with Media Creation Tool, neither work) , it, it gives me the error described in the thread above. It won't let me boot to anything except Windows 10 32 bit installer, which I could use to delete partitions. But I want to install 64 bits!

Alternatively, if I boot to hard drive, I can get a loop of a screen like this asking me to press F8

https://i.imgur.com/PnX2sUi.png

Pressing F8 leads me here, and any choice on this screen leads me back to the screen above.

https://i.imgur.com/okT2Tqf.png

So there are no ways to use the integrated repair options like reset system - because they cannot be reached.

Secure Boot is disabled, as such:

- enter in bios, select "Advanced Mode", "Settings", "Windows OS Configuration"

- change "Windows 8.1/ 10 WHQL Support" to "Disabled"

What should I do? So far I see two options

1. Boot to Windows 10 32 bits installer, delete all partitions, restart, boot to Windows 10 64 Bit install USB
    2. Take out the HDD, format it, then try reinstalling Windows 10 64 bits.

Honestly, I'm quite disappointed. It seems that whenever I boot to the installation media, it checks for installed files - and detects a broken Windows 10 install. Instead, it should just ignore whatever is already there and let me custom install -> repartition. Like Windows 7 did.

Thank you for your help.

:)

SimonM_2019, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 11, 2019
  4. maasai Win User

Current Windows 10 Install completely broken. Windows Boot Manager not letting me boot to...

HD5450 will not let Windows boot.

Hi All, I tried posting to this thread but it's too old so hoping you can help a newb out.

ATI RAEDON HD5450 boot up PROBLEM.. Please Help!!

I'm running Windows 8 on my pc using an Asus M2A-VM motherboard. I was using the onboard video card which uses the ati x1200 drivers that works well with Windows 8.

I'm trying to install an Asus HD5450 card but Windows 8 will not boot with it installed. It will get to the black screen with the blue windows logo and the black spinning dots but will hang there. Also can't get into a safe boot with the card installed (shift & F8)

I've tried the following steps so far:
    1. Uninstalled the x1200 driver which leaves the Generic driver, shut down the machine and installed the Card. Windows 8 doesn't boot.
    2. Tried to install the CCC driver for the 5450 before installing the card. Windows says it already has the proper driver.
    3. Installed card with the x1200 driver. Windows 8 won't boot.
    4. Checked bios with card installed, shows PCIEx as primary display adapter.
    5. Created a recovery dvd and tried to boot from that with card installed. Still won't boot.

I thought the card may be defective so I've returned it and tried another, same result. The power supply is a DEER DR-8500BTX 500W so I'm guessing it has enough juice (have 3 hard drives, dvd and the vid card installed on the machine).

Besides messing around with a bios update I'm not sure what options are left and I'd rather not mess with bricking the whole thing by doing that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

maasai, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Current Windows 10 Install completely broken. Windows Boot Manager not letting me boot to...

1. Current Windows 10 Install completely broken. Windows Boot Manager not letting me boot to... - Similar Threads - Current Install completely

2. Why isn't it letting me out of windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't it letting me out of windows boot manager: I cant get into any of my document or even get to my lockscreen because as soon as I turn on my computer it takes me to the boot menu, windows boot manager and then doesn't let me out. I don't know how to fix it can someone please help...
  3. Why isn't it letting me out of windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't it letting me out of windows boot manager: I cant get into any of my document or even get to my lockscreen because as soon as I turn on my computer it takes me to the boot menu, windows boot manager and then doesn't let me out. I don't know how to fix it can someone please help...
  4. Windows boot is completely broken

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows boot is completely broken: When performing a CPU heatsink upgrade, I returned to find that Windows 10 kept returning a BSOD with error code 0xc0000001. I found that my secondary data hard drive had become disconnected due to a broken SATA power connector, so I reconnected and turned it back on. Same...
  5. Windows boot is completely broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot is completely broken: When performing a CPU heatsink upgrade, I returned to find that Windows 10 kept returning a BSOD with error code 0xc0000001. I found that my secondary data hard drive had become disconnected due to a broken SATA power connector, so I reconnected and turned it back on. Same...
  6. Windows boot is completely broken

7. Secure Boot doesn't let Windows boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Secure Boot doesn't let Windows boot: After turning Secure Boot on in Bios to install Windows 11, I press "save and exit", pc restarts and Bios starts instead of Windows. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-doesnt-let-windows-boot/76ebb3d3-2f78-4e71-affb-44b5339040dd
  8. Secure Boot doesn't let Windows boot

Secure Boot doesn't let Windows boot: After turning Secure Boot on in Bios to install Windows 11, I press "save and exit", pc restarts and Bios starts instead of Windows. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-doesnt-let-windows-boot/76ebb3d3-2f78-4e71-affb-44b5339040dd
  9. Want to reinstall windows, but it won't let me. Currently installed Win 10 boots fully, no...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Want to reinstall windows, but it won't let me. Currently installed Win 10 boots fully, no...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/chung2k6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lr2d94/want_to_reinstall_windows_but_it_wont_let_me/
  10. No boot manager on windows 10 new install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No boot manager on windows 10 new install: Can someone please help me? I am running windows 7 as my primary os and decided to try windows 10 on its own hard disk. The installation was successful but I can't get into windows 7 now unless I force boot in the bios. The funny thing is that the windows 10 hard disk is...